Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

V3 Developer updated software thread

I am also waiting. Yesterday, their update servers were down for a short while. Had to update the latest SPs that came out mid of September, but still no V3 support. As REX replaces texture core files, I want to be on the safe side. Of course I could just change the paths in Rex TD or Soft Clouds to point to the P3D V3 installation - but you never know...

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

anyone heard from pilots fs global? i didnt have v2 to move over has i bought a retail version of windows 10 pro and wiped my pc,i emailed them and nothing on the home page, also nothing from carenado either.

but how about Ultimate Traffic, you/anybody looking at that?  Still prefer it for traffic even with the old schedules - or maybe I should bite the bullet and go for My traffic or something - given the efficiency of v3

UT2 does work in P3dv3. Although I cheated and just copied the necessary folders from P3Dv2.5 into the main P3Dv3 directory structure. You have to manually add the "exe.xml" info, add the path into "simobjects.cfg", and create an "fsx.cfg" containing the "simobjects.0=<path>" info.

I know LM recommends not installing into the simulator main directory, but some programs just won't work otherwise. And since UT2 is orphaned there's very little chance of it being updated.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

anyone heard from pilots fs global? i didnt have v2 to move over has i bought a retail version of windows 10 pro and wiped my pc,i emailed them and nothing on the home page, also nothing from carenado either.

John V confirmed that he has asked Pilots for am updated V3 installer.

John V confirmed that he has asked Pilots for am updated V3 installer.

At least for the FTX version of FS Global 2010 you don't need an installer. It doesn't install any files into the P3D directory. If you still have it installed (from an previous P3D v2 install) you can simply add the necessary entries to the scenery.cfg and you are good to go.

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

At least for the FTX version of FS Global 2010 you don't need an installer. It doesn't install any files into the P3D directory. If you still have it installed (from an previous P3D v2 install) you can simply add the necessary entries to the scenery.cfg and you are good to go.

Very nice, Just moved my folder (22 gb) to a "neutral drive" and add it to V3  :wink:

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

As far as I see, it's the very same for Ultimate, btw. Still have to try it, though

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

UT2 does work in P3dv3. Although I cheated and just copied the necessary folders from P3Dv2.5 into the main P3Dv3 directory structure. You have to manually add the "exe.xml" info, add the path into "simobjects.cfg", and create an "fsx.cfg" containing the "simobjects.0=<path>" info.

I know LM recommends not installing into the simulator main directory, but some programs just won't work otherwise. And since UT2 is orphaned there's very little chance of it being updated.

Now why does quote work with Firefox, but not with IE?  never mind.  Thanks Jay, already cheated a bit more by just referring back to FSX.  scenery.cfg entry to simobjects\UT2 Aircraft and exe.xml with path to the FSX folder.  All there, installed outside P3D so compliant  ;-).  the UT2 config thus controls both.  your way good too . . .  Cheers.

I am just waiting on REX texture to be updated for V3

Mr Leny

CPU I7 8700K @ 5.0GHz , MOBO -Asus Maximus X Hero (WiFi AC),GPU - GTX1080 TI , RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 3600MHz
SSD -Crucial MX500 1TB (P3D Install Only)
OS- Samsung 960 EVO 500GB (Window 10 Pro 64)

I installed the A2A shockwave lights using the migration tool and moved over my aircraft from 2.5. It looks like the landing light is no longer rendering correctly. has anyone else had any success with it?

Aivlasoft EFB doesn't work with Prepar3D V3 yet. It cannot build the scenary.cfg file needed.

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

Aivlasoft EFB doesn't work with Prepar3D V3 yet. It cannot build the scenary.cfg file needed.

Yes it works! You need to download latest update for it 1.6.5. Than you can set in your dataprovider the right folder for your scenery.cfg

Stand clear of migration tool - its not ready for prime time yet

Richard, you already tried the lastest version? I have al lot of Aerosoft sceneries I want to install, but I'm a little bit scared it will mess with the folder structures.

========================

HAPPY FLYING

Raymond

Richard, you already tried the lastest version? I have al lot of Aerosoft sceneries I want to install, but I'm a little bit scared it will mess with the folder structures.

No Raymond not liking the forum issues I have seen - need to give Paavo more time to get it worked out - I would wait if I were you - it just not ready yet

Rich Sennett

Incorrect. 

Yes it works! You need to download latest update for it 1.6.5. Than you can set in your dataprovider the right folder for your scenery.cfg

Correct.