Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

V3 Developer updated software thread

Just contacted the dev for EditVoicePack - Lars is looking into a V3 installer as well ( especially handy now that MyTraffic is working)...

Now I'm wondering if there are any similar provisions for custom AutogenDescriptions? More importantly, do we now have provisions for multiple descriptions from different scenery developers to co-exist and be collectively read and interpreted at run time without overwriting one another's descriptions? That would be huge...

Arno's tool?

An update from UTX Folks - hang in there

The installers for UTX USA V2.1 and UTX Europe V2.1 do not yet support P3D V3 so you cannot use them to install into that flightsim platform at the moment.

We are currently working on the release of UTX Canada V2.0. It's installer will understand FSX boxed, FSX SE and P3D both 2.1-2.4, 2.5 and 3.0.

After that product is released, we will be looking at updating the installers for UTX USA V2.1 and UTX Europe V2.1 to add support for P3D V3. Watch this forum for an announcement

Rich Sennett

REX4 and soft clouds inside info - thanks Tim as per instructions if I were you do not install wave animations and sun flare 

All good, except for a couple things:

1. Sun, flare and effects need to be altered per v3.

2. Wave animation alterations, so waves animate at higher altitude

Other than that, select P3D v.2.5 in REX4, then locate the MAIN P3Dv3 folder and you're good to go

Hi Richard

Do you know what i can do manually regarding these effects for now ? I have installed all texture and effects before i read this one  :wink:

Thanks

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Michael Moe

Mike bet you didnt backup your original files - if not its to late - send you a pm

Rich Sennett

thanks for the link Rich - maybe it needs a column for  P3Dv3 new structure compliant    :Devil:  's advocate.  Ah, no maybe not . . .

but how about Ultimate Traffic, you/anybody looking at that?  Still prefer it for traffic even with the old schedules - or maybe I should bite the bullet and go for My traffic or something - given the efficiency of v3

Oh, late news - the latest Opus beta is now compliant for the v3 PDK but read the instructions  in the announcement thread.  It already worked fine with v3, but now takes advantage of the new v3 PDK as well

Hi anyone using FS Captain ? Any word on any update for p3d v3?

Mr Leny

CPU I7 8700K @ 5.0GHz , MOBO -Asus Maximus X Hero (WiFi AC),GPU - GTX1080 TI , RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 3600MHz
SSD -Crucial MX500 1TB (P3D Install Only)
OS- Samsung 960 EVO 500GB (Window 10 Pro 64)

but how about Ultimate Traffic, you/anybody looking at that?  Still prefer it for traffic even with the old schedules - or maybe I should bite the bullet and go for My traffic or something - given the efficiency of v3

Hi Mike

Yes friend of mine has sent me some directions to get UT2 working - I have not tried yet but will ask if I can post them

Rich Sennett

Thanks for the Opus tip BirdManMike - live weather and dynamic camera are working flawlessly in V3!

Hi all

I can confirm UT2 and FSCaptain and QW146 seem to work fine

Jay

A2A released a v3 compatible update today.

Two notes:

- there only seems to be an updater: I will ask in a minute over there what you have to do if you want to install an A2A plane into a freshly installed Windows + P3D v3 system...

- there are some minor issues which they are still working on: "issue with our custom input configurator programs (axis assignments)" and "There are also some minor errors being reported upon exit of the P3DV3. We are aware of these errors and fixing them."

A2A has released V3 installers for their planes. If you purchased through A2A's online store, they are already out there. If you purchased from another vendor you'll have to confirm availability through the vendor, but Lewis said that they have been distributed.

Chris