Sign in to follow this  
rparson99

Good Bye 2.5...

I used fscube yesterday after watching Jordan King's review. Its very simple to use and very low cost at simmarket. But it took 4 hours to back up the scenery from 2.5. To install to 3.0 1half hour. But the houses and some of the texture were missing in the Orbx regions. Vector does not get copy for some reason. Jordon says it work great for him. 

I will post at there forum see if I can get some help.

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV

I honestly think it's early days to say if P3D v3 is such the leap forward some are suggesting.

For me, 2.5 out of the box is as beautiful and stable as everyone is finding v3

It's really only once you throw all the various addons at it that performance slows to a crawl.

I was watching Frooglesim's first look yesterday and I couldn't really see what was so revolutionary about it not crashing on him when running everything maxed and jumping between airports all around the world. Isn't this just as easy in 2.5?

It certainly seems the VAS management is better and will generate far less, if any, ooms for people. But I don't think the tests people are performing on vanilla v3 is entirely fair.

However, I will purchase v3 and and happy to support LM in their development. I'm just going to wait for a few more addons to become supported.

Early days or not I now have a like-for-like setup in terms of add-ons and the VAS and FPS difference is notable.  I realise that I may be trailblazing here but so far in V3 I have installed (through tricking the installers thinking that 3.0 is actually 2.5):

• ORBX FTX Global
  • ORBX FTX Vector (can't do an auto-scan of elevations in the utility)
  • ORBX FTX OpenLC Europe
  • ORBX FTX England
  • ORBX FTX Scotland
  • ORBX FTX Trees HD
  • FreeMeshX
  • FSUIPC
  • GSX
  • PMDG 777-200 and 300
  • FS2Crew 777 voice edition
  • PMDG 737NGX
  • Majestic Q400
  • Aerosoft A318/19/20/21
  • ASN
  • REX4 TD + Soft Clouds
  • PrecipitFX
  • Taxi2Gate Doha
  • FlyTampa Dubai
  • UK2000 Edinburgh Extreme
  • UK2000 Stansted Extreme

And even with all of this enabled I don't OOM in scenarios in 3.0 where I have guaranteed OOMs in 2.5.  I'm doing more tests this weekend but so far it looks like a good gig with a dedicated 3.0 setup.

Well I think most of us would recognise that as the de-facto standard list of required addons to get for P3D, so thanks for being a trailblazer for everyone.

Great to hear it's working so well in that config.

Add UK2000 EGLL and shoot an approach to 27L/R over London in either the A319 or 737 please if you get time!!

That's a guarunteed OOM for me....

I don't have any EGLL scenery yet purely because I knew I'd OOM in 2.5.  In fact I've held off on buying a lot of addon scenery due to that issue.  3.0 now opens up the door to allow a more rounded airport scenery experience.  I'll install the eval of UK2000 EGLL now and let you know whether or not I OOM :)  I'll do a short hop from UK2000 EGSS to EGLL in the NGX with FTX England enabled.

:smile:  top man, thanks

If you don't OOM, I promise to buy v3 later today

i am flying between KSFO-KLAX and with default P3D textures .Above slightly normal autogen std settings in 2048 in the 777 but i dont se a reduce in VAS during the flight . It stays at 2.9 GB so far about 100 nm from KLAX

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

:smile:  top man, thanks

If you don't OOM, I promise to buy v3 later today

Okay, so I just OOMed on approach to UK2000 EGLL 27L in the 737NGX - about 6nm west of Dartford to be exact.  I installed Heathrow with Extreme settings and all my scenery sliders are maxed.  I'll play around with the settings to see if I can make a landing without an OOM.

scenario startup time zone bug still there. how did they miss that? not a big deal but annoying

Okay, so I just OOMed on approach to UK2000 EGLL 27L in the 737NGX - about 6nm west of Dartford to be exact.  I installed Heathrow with Extreme settings and all my scenery sliders are maxed.  I'll play around with the settings to see if I can make a landing without an OOM.

Cheers PM!

No great surprise I guess, good to know where the limits are though.

I appreciate you spending the time on this test. :hi:

I guess one of the areas VAS management will make a difference will be for those who fly long haul and who in the past have suffered with memory not being "released" correctly.

There's still a finite amount of memory to be shared amongst all these great addons, irrespective of how well it's now "released"

Cheers PM!

No great surprise I guess, good to know where the limits are though.

I appreciate you spending the time on this test. :hi:

I guess one of the areas VAS management will make a difference will be for those who fly long haul and who in the past have suffered with memory not being "released" correctly.

There's still a finite amount of memory to be shared amongst all these great addons, irrespective of how well it's now "released"

Right, so looks like you're buying P3D v3.0 today, EGLD :)

Flew from EGSS to EGLL right over Stratford and past Canary Wharf to intercept the localiser for 27L.  Had 391MB free VAS on rollout.  During the approach I panned around and switched views as well to try and make it OOM.  I reduced settings slightly - see here for the settings and VAS during the flight:

https://imgur.com/a/yceX1

This is with PMDG 737-800NGX (Ryanair livery)

FTX Global in hybrid mode with Vector (see my reduced Vector settings to prevent OOM), FTX England and FTX Scotland active.  ActiveskyNext with 10 cloud layers, REX4 (see settings in the album above), UK2000 EGLL demo and UK2000 EGSS (full version).

Impressive, thanks! :smile:

Screenshots look great.

I am certainly watching all these threads about V3 with great interest. I too purchased 2.5 along with the NGX but was never able to get a completely smooth experience as I still do in FSX DX10. 

My system is custom built and by no means a slouch but it just didn't work for me I am sorry to say.

I will certainly wait before jumping in again that's for sure. I would like to hear from people running complex addons like the NGX & 777 to see how V3 fairs once you load it up.

For me my time is spent 80% in Xplane & 20% in FSX 

Happy flying

Richard

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

Flew a short flight in my TDuke KECE to KDVC. Some of the texture look just as good as Orbx does. The flight was smooth. Wish I could just install all Orbx payware airports,freeware airports,Open LC,a few textures out west,some mesh and leave FTX Global and Vector out for a new look. :P I guess the the new lighting makes the old texture stand out. Hmmm! I may treat my sim to some new clothes for Christmas, UTX and Gex. P3D v3 is here to stay.  

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV

When my flight buddy texted me and told he had just completed a tour of NYC, in a PMDG 737, with DRZ's New York City X......and New York City airports...ALL enabled...I thought he was pulling my leg.  But sure 'nough....tried it.  There it is....

3.0 is no 2.5 when it comes to memory management!