Sign in to follow this  
Bobsk8

Pro ATC X update

leaving users for 9 month and longer with such an issue is just embarrassing.

By the way, I reported this 7 months ago two days after my purchase, just to learn I might have to wait a year for a fix.

And a refund request was just ignored.

I'm into flight simming since FS4, so roughly 25 years. It's unbelievable such kind of developers still show up here and there. 

Mike

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080

By the way, I reported this 7 months ago two days after my purchase, just to learn I might have to wait a year for a fix.

And a refund request was just ignored.

I'm into flight simming since FS4, so roughly 25 years. It's unbelievable such kind of developers still show up here and there. 

Mike

Back in June 2012, I was the first one to ever buy this product as it was new and everyone was scared to death to buy it as it cost a lot of money http://www.avsim.com/topic/386475-proatc-x-update/?p=2480351.  So, I was the ginny-pig for our AVSIM membership and tried it out and found it did a lot of nice things but I figured it would someday be improved.  You should have seen what this product looked like when I first purchased it!!  There were unexplained crashes and the aircraft didn't follow flightplans.  There were a lot of issues but it did some basic, very basic things.  Looking back from what it looks like today, I'm thoroughly impressed with the improvements.  There has been a lot of beta testing and hundreds of improvements to the product since the day of release.  I got to correspond frequently with the developer, Mourad, and I can assure you he's a nice guy who is doing his best to continue making this an outstanding product.  As far as I know, he's the only developer for this product and was quite responsive to customer complaints.  He has had some help from members here at AVSIM and the flight simulation community (all volunteers) to improve the product.  Most of the issues found early were fixed almost immediately.  I've heard rumors that Mourad is not in good health and cannot spend a lot of time on further developments but he wants to improve the product when he can.  There is just so much new technology being released and better ways of programming the FMC's, etc.  He also has to work with other developers like PMDG and I-Fly to make his program compatible.

I liked this product from the beginning as it had a co-pilot who handled most of the functions of preparing the aircraft for takeoff and handled communications during the flight and set the altimeter and the altitude settings as requested by ATC.  I had been looking for a product like this as, in real life, a Pilot-in-Command (PIC) is a Pilot-in-Command and the co-pilot does a lot of the chores.  Now it has gone from just a basic program to a much more sophisticated program.  AIRAC data can now be imported.  It does a much better job with AI.  There is "chatter" between ATC and the AI aircraft.  Flightplans from other programs can be used.  It has an excellent flight plan program included with the program.  You can change the flight plan enroute and skip a waypoint.  You can request descent when you want.  There is now prerecorded ATC and aircraft chatter for whole countries (thanks to Ralph Zimmerman). New navdata can be imported.  It handles emergencies and alternate destinations.  This list of improvements is absolutely long.  Would I like to see a perfect ATC program for 60 bucks?  Yeah, that would be nice but I'm really, really happy with what has been produced so far.  I hope Mourad can continue to improve this product.  I heard he will but it is no guarantee.  Things happen like that in life.

I would love to have Mourad move his official support forum here to AVSIM as he has a high quality product that will improve even more over time (and AVSIM loves to support high quality products from many of the outstanding developers in our community).  Our forums are free.

My two-cents....

Best regards,

• Upvote 1

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Back in June 2012, I was the first one to ever buy this product as it was new and everyone was scared to death to buy it as it cost a lot of money http://www.avsim.com/topic/386475-proatc-x-update/?p=2480351.  So, I was the ginny-pig for our AVSIM membership and tried it out and found it did a lot of nice things but I figured it would someday be improved.  You should have seen what this product looked like when I first purchased it!!  There were unexplained crashes and the aircraft didn't follow flightplans.  There were a lot of issues but it did some basic, very basic things.  Looking back from what it looks like today, I'm thoroughly impressed with the improvements.  There has been a lot of beta testing and hundreds of improvements to the product since the day of release.  I got to correspond frequently with the developer, Mourad, and I can assure you he's a nice guy who is doing his best to continue making this an outstanding product.  As far as I know, he's the only developer for this product and was quite responsive to customer complaints.  He has had some help from members here at AVSIM and the flight simulation community (all volunteers) to improve the product.  Most of the issues found early were fixed almost immediately.  I've heard rumors that Mourad is not in good health and cannot spend a lot of time on further developments but he wants to improve the product when he can.  There is just so much new technology being released and better ways of programming the FMC's, etc.  He also has to work with other developers like PMDG and I-Fly to make his program compatible.

I liked this product from the beginning as it had a co-pilot who handled most of the functions of preparing the aircraft for takeoff and handled communications during the flight and set the altimeter and the altitude settings as requested by ATC.  I had been looking for a product like this as, in real life, a Pilot-in-Command (PIC) is a Pilot-in-Command and the co-pilot does a lot of the chores.  Now it has gone from just a basic program to a much more sophisticated program.  AIRAC data can now be imported.  It does a much better job with AI.  There is "chatter" between ATC and the AI aircraft.  Flightplans from other programs can be used.  It has an excellent flight plan program included with the program.  You can change the flight plan enroute and skip a waypoint.  You can request descent when you want.  There is now prerecorded ATC and aircraft chatter for whole countries (thanks to Al Zimmerman). New navdata can be imported.  It handles emergencies and alternate destinations.  This list of improvements is absolutely long.  Would I like to see a perfect ATC program for 60 bucks?  Yeah, that would be nice but I'm really, really happy with what has been produced so far.  I hope Mourad can continue to improve this product.  I heard he will but it is no guarantee.  Things happen like that in life.

I would love to have Mourad move his official support forum here to AVSIM as he has a high quality product that will improve even more over time (and AVSIM loves to support high quality products from many of the outstanding developers in our community).  Our forums are free.

My two-cents....

Best regards,

Jim wait until you see the next release. You won't stop smiling. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Jim,

thanks for the info regarding the history and development of PROATC/X. Still no excuse for me not to release hotfixes for important issues, and let users wait a year.

An ATC program is not meant for planes which are often flown single pilot, e.g. a King Air ? So I have to use a Copilot. Well, hm...

Mike

Hi Mike,

I would love to see it working with the King Air or Carenado or RealAir Dukes, etc., but those don't work very well right now.  I've tried.   I think the program was originally made for the heavies.  It would definitely be nice to be able to use the program for our props too (with a co-pilot as I don't know props all that well and it would be nice having a co-pilot who knows what he's doing showing me what to do). 

I know I quoted your post but my post was meant for the others who are unhappy too.  I think we need a bit more patience or a firm statement that no further developments are forthcoming.  The future looks bright though!

Jim wait until you see the next release. You won't stop smiling. 

Thanks Bob!  I do need to smile once in a while.  Looking forward to it!

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I would love to see it working with the King Air or Carenado or RealAir Dukes, etc., but those don't work very well right now. I've tried. I think the program was originally made for the heavies.

OK, but as a potential buyer, you don't read anything about that when looking at the feature list. The issues thread in their forum is visible only if you have bought it. So for the 'forced Copilot" issue you have not chance to become aware of that before purchase.

An refund request get not even answered.

Well, he has my 50 Euros. But is that a recipe for happy customers ? Not really.

Mike

• Upvote 2

Heck, I wouldn't buy an ATC app that doesn't do GA as well.  But it's nice that they're making improvements. 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Heck, I wouldn't buy an ATC app that doesn't do GA as well.  But it's nice that they're making improvements. 

Do you use an ATC programme?

Do you use an ATC programme?

I used Radar Contact for a bit, then VOXATC.  These days I might use IVAO and working on getting back on VATSIM.  Most times it's just nothing which I dislike but it's often better than the available ATC.  Honestly, I'll probably try another at some point.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

{on soapbox}

PRO ATC X is a great product. The downside is the extremely long wait for any update... As a professional developer and distributor of weather -related software, there is a fine line as to when to put out an update. I believe the developer/s of PRO ATC X would benefit more and would leave their customers much more satisfied if updates would come out more than just once a year. The excuse I keep seeing is that is takes a very long time to test certain functions within the program due to numerous flight conditions. I understand that. I also know there is some "low-hanging" fruit that can be addressed and fixed in a more timely manner which again would at least keep customers interested and confident that PRO ATC X has their vested interest in mind...An update every 3-4 months would not be far-fetched....

{off-soapbox}

Jim

i5 8600K @ 4.5GHZ || 16GB RAM || GTX1070 8GB || 500GB SSD || Win 10
Prepar3d V4.5 || FTX/ORBX Base, Vector, openLC || Rex 4 Direct Textures & SkyForce 3D || AS For Prepar3d || Pro ATC-X ||  UTL2 Beta 2.10
PDMG 737-800,777, Aerosoft A319/A320/A321/A330, QW 787

I used Radar Contact for a bit, then VOXATC.  These days I might use IVAO and working on getting back on VATSIM.  Most times it's just nothing which I dislike but it's often better than the available ATC.  Honestly, I'll probably try another at some point.

You can give PF3 a go. There is a free trial version the support for which is the same as for the full version. The free version limits you to a flightplan of about 200nm and has only a couple of the 119 voices. Otherwise it's identical.

Can any of the beta testers/users of ProATC help with how to get sound to come through a headset?  It is ridiculous having ATC talk through and above engine sounds on the speakers (besides I'm bothering my wife you is trying so study..haha).  All the sound settings in P3D are set to either default device for outside sound and default communication playback device for voince, or to the devices directly in the dropdowns and neither works.  Would appreciate any feedback so I don't have to bother anyone with ATC chatter cause I know its annoying to anyone but us simmers. 

Can any of the beta testers/users of ProATC help with how to get sound to come through a headset?  It is ridiculous having ATC talk through and above engine sounds on the speakers (besides I'm bothering my wife you is trying so study..haha).  All the sound settings in P3D are set to either default device for outside sound and default communication playback device for voince, or to the devices directly in the dropdowns and neither works.  Would appreciate any feedback so I don't have to bother anyone with ATC chatter cause I know its annoying to anyone but us simmers. 

Best place to ask is on the Pro ATC forum. http://www.pointsoftware.de/proatcxforum/forum/index.php

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Best place to ask is on the Pro ATC forum. http://www.pointsoft...forum/index.php

I tried to sign up for their forum about five or six weeks ago...they never responded.  I was just interested in looking into their product.  Never a good sign.  *Sigh*

Gregg Seipp

I tried to sign up for their forum about five or six weeks ago...they never responded.  I was just interested in looking into their product.  Never a good sign.  *Sigh*

People sign up every day, don't know what happened with your situation. Try signing up again, I will look for it.