Sign in to follow this  
Bobsk8

Pro ATC X update

I think pro-atc-X has the greatest potential of any atc addons on the market as of now. My three biggest gripes (that will hopefully be fixed in the next update) are the tendancy for it to stop working when approaching airports with large amounts of AI traffic, the way it vectors (or doesn't vector) on approach when flying SIDs that require vectors, or when not flying a SID, and the voice sets. I underdtand improvements are coming to the voicesets, hopefully the others are in the hopper too.

Having said that, it does a lot of things really well, side and stars, the atc chatter functionality is great and very customizable (i've created many atc chatter files for airports ifly into most frequently using archives from liveatc) and the on-screen menu is very easy to use.

While I don't use proatcx regularly due to the issues above (particularly the first one I noted about it not working with lots of ai traffic), i'm very eager to see what improvements are coming and I suspect eve tally this will be my go to for atc.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

I think pro-atc-X has the greatest potential of any atc addons on the market as of now. My three biggest gripes (that will hopefully be fixed in the next update) are the tendancy for it to stop working when approaching airports with large amounts of AI traffic, the way it vectors (or doesn't vector) on approach when flying SIDs that require vectors, or when not flying a SID, and the voice sets. I underdtand improvements are coming to the voicesets, hopefully the others are in the hopper too.

Having said that, it does a lot of things really well, side and stars, the atc chatter functionality is great and very customizable (i've created many atc chatter files for airports ifly into most frequently using archives from liveatc) and the on-screen menu is very easy to use.

While I don't use proatcx regularly due to the issues above (particularly the first one I noted about it not working with lots of ai traffic), i'm very eager to see what improvements are coming and I suspect eve tally this will be my go to for atc.

I use Pro ATC on every VA flight I take, probably about 15 a week, and have never had it stop working due to AI traffic. How much AI traffic are you using, and which type?

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Before posting this on the Pointsoftware forum.
Can someone please try this test for me? Load any flight from LGAV (Athens). Set the Clearance frequency (118.67). Do you get anything?

Strange. I have Pro-ATC/X working everywhere, even in small airports (provided they have parking lots), since I only use GA and turboprops). But I can't get it working in LGAV. Tried with different aircraft and different departure lots or runways, no luck. Also, it works fine in other payware airports I have (such as LGMK, LGSK, LGKR etc.), not in Athens though.

Try selecting your airport in Pro-ATC and check that all the airport data is current...I had an issue with FALE (King Shaka) where the ILS frequencies were missing. Edited the airport in Pro-ATC and added the missing frequencies. All worked OK after that. You may need to "edit" your airport data within Pro-ATC to add missing frequencies manually.

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

I use Pro ATC on every VA flight I take, probably about 15 a week, and have never had it stop working due to AI traffic. How much AI traffic are you using, and which type?

I have ai traffic set to 100%, through I use ai traffic optimizer to limit ai to 60 or 70 at any given time. My traffic is a mixture of freeware, world of ai, aia etc.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

I have ai traffic set to 100%, through I use ai traffic optimizer to limit ai to 60 or 70 at any given time. My traffic is a mixture of freeware, world of ai, aia etc.

I use My Traffic 6 and have it set to 20% which looks pretty realistic and use Traffic optimizer set to 70. Sounds to me like setting traffic to 100% with that mix of traffic is probably causing your problem. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I use UT2 with the 2015 schedules set to 100%, and get zero problems.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

I use My Traffic 6 and have it set to 20% which looks pretty realistic and use Traffic optimizer set to 70. Sounds to me like setting traffic to 100% with that mix of traffic is probably causing your problem.

If we're both using traffic optimizer set at 70 I would think we'd have a similar result regardless of what traffic we're using? I'll have to play around with it some more. In any event, I know it's a known issue by the developer and hopefully a fix will come eventually.

Dave

Pretty sure even the developer recommends 20-30% for realistic levels of ai. Id try that first if I were you and then use the limiter around 70.

It's what I do and have great ai and still good performance.

Chris

Pretty sure even the developer recommends 20-30% for realistic levels of ai. Id try that first if I were you and then use the limiter around 70.

It's what I do and have great ai and still good performance.

Chris

Pro ATC has to keep track of each and every VA flight, altitudes, heading, airspeed, destination, etc. No surprise when one has unrealistic numbers of AI, of all different types, that the program could crash. Not sure when Traffic Optimizer reduces these numbers, maybe too late for PATC to not get overloaded. 

With MT6 20-30% is realistic traffic, but with world of ai and other freeware traffic 100% is realistic so in theory we should have similar traffic levels.

Dave

With all the compliments about the program I tried it again with the update.

Simple flight KIAH - KABQ   BNDTO5 CRGER LOWGO J15 CME LZZRD3  at FL320

Clearance, Taxi, Departure OK.  On climbout cleared from 11000 to FL250.  Then just past FL180 told to decend back to 13000 then back down to 12000.  Never told to climb to crz altitude to 32000.

I checked the forum and it says issue is fixed in next update.  Oh well.  Gave it a shot check back when the next fix is out.

Sean Green

With all the compliments about the program I tried it again with the update.

Simple flight KIAH - KABQ   BNDTO5 CRGER LOWGO J15 CME LZZRD3  at FL320

Clearance, Taxi, Departure OK.  On climbout cleared from 11000 to FL250.  Then just past FL180 told to decend back to 13000 then back down to 12000.  Never told to climb to crz altitude to 32000.

I checked the forum and it says issue is fixed in next update.  Oh well.  Gave it a shot check back when the next fix is out.

I am not suggesting this happened to you, but, on several occasions I have misheard Departure. For example I left EGSS yesterday with vRYR 6656 and given clearence to 100, seconds later I heard Departure order AI aircraft RYR 7656 to 060!

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

I am not suggesting this happened to you

Thank you Mike for your help.  I do not use AI Traffic or any canned chatter at all so I don't think that would be the issue.

Thank You.

Sean Green

Thank you Mike for your help.  I do not use AI Traffic or any canned chatter at all so I don't think that would be the issue.

Thank You.

I am currently testing 1.7.5.8 and 1.7.5.9 is due any day, bare with us, it's getting better and better. I'm sorry I can't give you a release date, but work is progressing.