Sign in to follow this  
Bobsk8

Pro ATC X update

I'm sorry I can't give you a release date, but work is progressing.

I'm not demanding a date, but something like a kind of release-month?

;)

And is there a kind of feature list which bugs have been fixed and what enhancements coming with that update?

Many thanks!

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not demanding a date, but something like a kind of release-month?

;)

And is there a kind of feature list which bugs have been fixed and what enhancements coming with that update?

Many thanks!

As has been mentioned on this thread many times, there is a yearly update that is released in the fall. Some issues are still being worked on. Two ways to work on software, release something that has known problems, and then release patch after patch, or get it right first  then release it. All I can say is the new release, when ready, will be a giant step forwards. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Sounds like the beta testing done at PMDG.  It is extremely long too but they get it very close to being right on target when they do release the product or update (until us "beta testers" get hold of it with our thousands of different configurations/setups, etc.). :smile:

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Two ways to work on software, release something that has known problems, and then release patch after patch, or get it right first then release it.

But thats not what the developer has done! The current version has loads of issues - just to list some that affect my flights:

-Frequency changes sometimes not being recognised

-Approach holding doesn't work at all

-Can't change arrival runway or STAR

-Doesn't recognise STARs with transitions (despite STAR transition being listed on the moving map window suggesting it should work)

Some of these issues will only have got through beta testing if they weren't tested at all.

One update a ywar may be OK if it adds new functionality, but one update a year to also fix bugs is not acceptable given how much money they ask for the product.

• Upvote 2

-Doesn't recognise STARs with transitions (despite STAR transition being listed on the moving map window suggesting it should work)

In PF3

1. Frequency changes are always recognised and you can use COM2 as well.

2. Approach holding works very well. You designate the published hold and then tell PF3 the percentage of probability that you may or may not be held making it very realistic.

3. You can change your arrival runway once in contact with Approach.

4. As long as PF3 knows your FAP/FAF altitude you will be decended according to the STARs altitude constraints and then down to your FAP/FAF altitude.

In PF3

1. Frequency changes are always recognised and you can use COM2 as well.

2. Approach holding works very well. You designate the published hold and then tell PF3 the percentage of probability that you may or may not be held making it very realistic.

3. You can change your arrival runway once in contact with Approach.

4. As long as PF3 knows your FAP/FAF altitude you will be decended according to the STARs altitude constraints and then down to your FAP/FAF altitude.

Is this with a beta version, or with the public release v1.7.2?

In my version, even with holding set to 100%, it doesn't work.

The change of runway/STAR is listed as a known issue on the PATC forum - http://www.pointsoftware.de/proatcxforum/forum/index.php/topic,652.0.html

And the issue with STARS with transitions (particually prevelant in the US) is well discussed on the forum.

Is this with a beta version, or with the public release v1.7.2?

He is referring to Pro Flight Emulator 3 by Oncourse software not ProATCX.

Sean Green

He is referring to Pro Flight Emulator 3 by Oncourse software not ProATCX.

Good spot!! :blush:

I have been meaning to give the demo a try just to see how it compares.

Good spot!! :blush:

I have been meaning to give the demo a try just to see how it compares.

The demo is exactly the same as the main programme except that it has only 2 voices out of 119 I believe and your fpl is limited to 200nm.

But thats not what the developer has done! The current version has loads of issues - just to list some that affect my flights:

Some of these issues will only have got through beta testing if they weren't tested at all.

One update a ywar may be OK if it adds new functionality, but one update a year to also fix bugs is not acceptable given how much money they ask for the product.

Wait for the next release, and you will see that these issues have been fixed. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Wait for the next release, and you will see that these issues have been fixed.

Been waiting nine month's now to be able to use what I paid for, how much longer will I have to wait Bob.

Been waiting nine month's now to be able to use what I paid for, how much longer will I have to wait Bob.

Can't remember if this is the 3rd time in this thread that I have posted this, but I will post it again. Free updates occur every fall, which is not too far away. The fall is around October.....or thereabouts.    :wink: A few issues are still being worked on. 

So basically a year waiting for a simple fix which may not even be in the annual update, if its not then presumably I will need to wait further 12 month's to use the product.

Absolutely shocking level of support for an expensive addon.

Why on earth can the developer not just release patches like most other developers or just allow access to beta's for his registered customers like Hifi simulations does.

I couldn't help but laugh.   I really wish the developer the best as I'm sure its hard work as a one man team but maybe he should hire some help so it would be twice a year updates.

I've been waiting over 3 years for a proper functioning ATC program but have to wait for once a year "Fall" updates?  I'm sorry can't help but laugh.     

I have no choice but I sure hope its perfect this time or we will be waiting until Fall of 2017 for the next bugfix.  I've only been waiting since April of 2013 for all the bugs to be fixed.

Everybody puts down RC4 but you must admit it does work every time and that was a one man operation also.

• Upvote 3

Sean Green

any chance please Mike you can change the easyjet callsign from "easyjet" to "easy" and british airways to "speedbird"

thanks 

14ppkc-6.png