Sign in to follow this  
Bobsk8

Pro ATC X update

Ok then Bob here goes,

VoxATC, ICAO compliant with the optional addon, compliant with CAP413, UK CAA radiotelephony manual.

PF3 fully ICAO compliant.

Then there is ProATC, phraseology is not even close to real world, callsigns are also wrong in many cases.

But then you knew this being a real world pilot and member of the worlds largest VA

So which one do you use, and if you aren't using Pro ATC, why your interest in this thread. BTW, how many hours do you have flying a real aircraft. just curious? 

Sorry, you are wrong again. PMDG and LM sort out issues in a closed beta tester group before releasing their products, meaning before charging users, not after. If you accept my money, then you must also accept that I can be part of your betas, at my own discretion. There is no reason whatsoever to exclude me from such developments. If you like to work with small groups of testers, then remove your product from the market as Milviz did at some point with their KA 350i.

Please understand that we are not criticizing the product itself, whose potential is great. I do not regret my purchase despite the long list of bugs in the current public version. We simply find Pointsoftware's support approach very questionable, not to say kinda arrogant.

So you are saying that since you purchased P3D and possibly a PMDG product ,  you can be  part of their beta teams now, at your discretion. ( I bet LM and PMDG would be surprised to hear that) ?  How do  you apply for that, because I would like to do that too? Or are you saying that LM  does not do any beta testing now on any of their updates. Just trying to figure out your post, and what it says. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

So you are saying that since you purchased P3D and possibly a PMDG product ,  you can be  part of their beta teams now, at your discretion. ( I bet LM and PMDG would be surprised to hear that) ?  How do  you apply for that, because I would like to do that too? Or are you saying that LM  does not do any beta testing now on any of their updates. Just trying to figure out your post, and what it says. 

No. I said that LM and PMDG do not release their products (read: do not charge customers) as long as the products are in such an early stage of development, as the current Pro-ATC/X public version is. They only release a product once it has been fully tested and all reasonably detectable bugs have been fixed. Also, if they notice something new thereafter, they immediately release a 1.01 patch. This is not what happens with Pro-ATC/X.

Again, I am not bashing at Pointsoftware nor am I regretting the purchase. But i don't like their support approach, if I can call it support.

Regards.

policies vary quite a bit from developer to developer. hifi for example publicly releases multiple betas before each service pack. i'm also fairly certain that you could get access to the p3d betas if you contacted the right person and had a compelling case.

pmdg is kind of an exception but their products release with very few bugs usually. if pro-atc was really close to bug free i don't think anyone would mind waiting for just new features down the road but in it's current state it feels only partially the way there.

i personally wouldn't care if i didn't have access to every build, if official ones at least came out every now and then. i would also happily sign an nda saying i wouldn't post any bugs i found if i was using a beta build, as that seems to be the concern (which is ridiculous but whatever.)

anyway bob sorry to drag you into this i think you are somewhat unfairly being put in a position to defend their policy lol. and i agree it is a really solid package that is why i care about it enough to follow these threads :)

cheers

-andy crosby

My interest is that I am a paying customer of Mr Boutabba and would really like to be able to use the product I have purchased now rather than some time in the next few years.

I have been having dealings with Mourad for many years now going back to 22/06/2005 when I bought the original FSCOM 2004 SR from him for which he did not finish fixing the bugs before abandoning the product and disappearing for many years.

Against my better judgement I fell for the hype around ProATC and thinking that the dev might have finally got his act together I purchased ProATC in 07/10/2015.

Notice this is almost ten years waiting for this guy following up on his initial promises, trust me it always ends badly.

very soon he will have apologise for having some health issues then we will hear no more from him.

Done this dance before with him Bob.

• Upvote 3

policies vary quite a bit from developer to developer. hifi for example publicly releases multiple betas before each service pack. i'm also fairly certain that you could get access to the p3d betas if you contacted the right person and had a compelling case.

pmdg is kind of an exception but their products release with very few bugs usually. if pro-atc was really close to bug free i don't think anyone would mind waiting for just new features down the road but in it's current state it feels only partially the way there.

i personally wouldn't care if i didn't have access to every build, if official ones at least came out every now and then. i would also happily sign an nda saying i wouldn't post any bugs i found if i was using a beta build, as that seems to be the concern (which is ridiculous but whatever.)

anyway bob sorry to drag you into this i think you are somewhat unfairly being put in a position to defend their policy lol. and i agree it is a really solid package that is why i care about it enough to follow these threads :)

cheers

-andy crosby

I have  beta tested other products over the years, and some of the arguments that are on this thread, I have seen before. There is always one or two people that like to complain ad nauseam about every minute detail of a product. Start a thread about product X, and it won't be long before a product X basher jumps on the thread telling everyone how they were mistreated and that Product X is the worst product in the world, and the person that created it is a criminal..... I take it all with a grain of salt. Been doing this sim stuff since 1986, and I've heard it all..   :wink:

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I take it all with a grain of salt. Been doing this sim stuff since 1986, and I've heard it all.

Yes we get it, it works for you so everybody else is just whining about minor issues.

Those "minor issues" make the product unusable for a lot of folks.

I guess the developers attitude has rubbed off on you Bob.

But here are the facts,

It simply does not work properly for a lot of us.

The developer simply does not care how his customers feel and will not show up to defend his position.

I have been "doing this stuff" just as long as you Bob if not longer and know a bad developer when I see one, happy to be proved wrong but I have had dealings with this guy for a far longer time than you.

Still I am glad it all works out for you, for some of us it has been wasted $

Think that's a bit harsh ?, then get Mourad to show up here and let us all know how the update is going on.

• Upvote 3

Yes we get it, it works for you so everybody else is just whining about minor issues.

Those "minor issues" make the product unusable for a lot of folks.

I guess the developers attitude has rubbed off on you Bob.

But here are the facts,

It simply does not work properly for a lot of us.

The developer simply does not care how his customers feel and will not show up to defend his position.

I have been "doing this stuff" just as long as you Bob if not longer and know a bad developer when I see one, happy to be proved wrong but I have had dealings with this guy for a far longer time than you.

Still I am glad it all works out for you, for some of us it has been wasted $

Think that's a bit harsh ?, then get Mourad to show up here and let us all know how the update is going on.

Well, you seem to have every answer in the world, so I guess you will figure it all out all by yourself.  

Well, it seems we have reached an impasse - probably a good time to shut this one down before it gets testy.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors