Sign in to follow this  
Bobsk8

Pro ATC X update

Just downloading Pro ATC X update.   List of improvements is amazing. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Thanks for the update. Just finished a maxed settings pmdg ng flight into egll at 4K with my traffic 6 new summer schedules with no oom using proatc X and my new open cockpits com module I picked up at flightsimcon. :)

First time I've managed that in months!

Then you point this out and it fixes the minor niggles I had with it. Doesn't get much better than this!

Chris

Just downloading Pro ATC X update.   List of improvements is amazing. 

Thanks for the update appreciated :-)

André

Excellent ... need to check this out ... haven't attempted to use ProATC X with P3D V3 yet.

Cheers, Rob.

Just took my first 2 hour flight using the updated Pro ATC X. This ATC is now the gold standard, in my opinion. They have made many improvements in the entire program. Had a blast flying into Myrtle beach SC with a 200 foot ceiling, gusty winds, and a nice crosswind which required almost full rudder in the Q400 at touchdown. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I didn't see a p3d3 compatibility line in the changes, anyone know if this is working or WIP?

About the v3 support, I'll have to quote an asnwer (to a similar question) from the ProATC user's Facebook group:

"Works for me

P3D v3 + Windows 10"

I'll have to give this another try then.  I did use it for awhile with P3D and just didn't like it all that much - thanks!

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

I'll have to give this another try then.  I did use it for awhile with P3D and just didn't like it all that much - thanks!

I did two VA flights with it yesterday, into the bad weather in the Southeast, and the ATC has been overhauled and in my opinion works perfectly now. They have really worked on making this like the ATC you get in the real world. I won't fly without it. Now if someone doesn't care for real world procedures, and Sids and Stars, missed approach procedures, etc , then they probably would rather have the very simple, although highly unrealistic, default ATC. 

Great - thanks!

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

Great - thanks!

Here is the change log for the update:

Change List:

Handover to approach moved back 10nm: This is to allow the user time to request a different runway/approach if required. This does not affect the TOD.(Changed)
ALL approaches are now correctly selected as per the STAR and AIRAC data using reverse lookup (ZYX). Assigned approach will depend upon AIRAC data supplier.(NEW)
All approach altitude restriction are met as per AIRAC data. (NEW)
[OPTION]Try to assign the runway used by AI: This was causing the user receiving no clearances in certain situations. (FIXED)
Missed approaches as per AIRAC data, if no AIRAC data then assigned vectors back to the FAF/IAF (FIXED)
‘Take off from here’ option from inflight menu. To allow intersection departures or to accommodate AFCAD inaccuracies. YOU must change to the correct Tower Frequency. Ground will remind you to switch. This will happen even if you have ‘ticked’ co-pilot will operate comms. (NEW)
Approach Selection:
Order without “Prefer ILS” option (default):ILS, GLS, LOC, RNAV, VOR, NDB: The first having a matching transition is selected. Same order again if no transition found.
New option to the flight planning window: “Prefer ILS/GLS/LOC Approaches, even without transition”. It is flight plan specific and it is by default unticked (New)
When “Prefer ILS” is ticked:
   ILS, GLS, LOC with transition
   ILS, GLS, LOC without transition
   RNAV, VOR, NDB with transition
   RNAV, VOR, NDB without transition
Better recognition of missed waypoints.(FIXED)
A better assignment of descend initialization. .(FIXED)
A smoother descend .(FIXED)
Enhancements to the moving map window (NEW)
The automatically inserted alternate airport in the planning window should now always be found, even if the distance is greater than 70 NM. (Changed)
The approach clearance is now assigned when reaching the last STAR waypoint (if assigned, else the last route waypoint) (Changed)
No more approach clearance when intercepting the FAF but a clearance to intercept the runway. (Fixed/Changed)
Reworked the altitude assignments completely (Fixed/Changed)
Holdings:
The entry method to a holding is now considered. Depending on the holding heading and the heading you are approaching the holding, you'll have to enter by a DIRECT, PARALLEL or OFFSET/TEARDROP entry (Updated)
While flying a holding the NAV1 course is always set to the heading expected by PRO-ATC/X, regardless of the copilot options you have set. The autopilot heading is of course only set if the options are set accordingly. I suggest to set the autopilot on HDG-SEL and LVL-CHG when entering a holding and to leave it there until being assigned to exit the holding. This will make sure the airplane is flying an expected holding.
Moving Map:
The altitude displayed in the moving map now begins with "!" if it is defined by AIRAC data, which means it is strictly followed. If the altitude restriction is "at or above" the altitude is extended by "A", if it is "at or below" it is extended by "B". If it is "at" no extension is added. (New)
The expected STAR/Approach is now displayed on the moving map screen (left side) as soon as you are cleared for the flight.(New)
Wind conditions and selected runways:
If wind direction is unknown or variable, the longest runway will be selected. ILS supported runways are preferred. (New)
Approach Corrections due to weather/AI
You’ll will receive no more corrections once you are cleared for the Approach (not an expected Approach!) or the aircraft distance to the airport (direct) is below 25 NM. THIS COULD CHANGE ON RECEIVING APPROACH CLEARANCE (New)
Missed approaches are now displayed in the SID/STAR window as they are assigned at runtime (New)

This now brings ProATCX closer to real world ATC for an IFR flight from A>B. (Prefight > Take-off > Departure >En Route > Descent > Approach >Landing).

Tip: Make sure your aircraft data is correct (Data>Aircraft). This will affect your flight and TOD  ;)

Their forum is dead. The registration hasn't been accepted/

Their forum is dead. The registration hasn't been accepted/

I signed up last night. You just have to fill out all the info on the new forum and register again.  http://www.pointsoftware.de/proatcxforum/forum/index.php

After being on the fence for almost two years, with an eye open on this tool, yet not 100% convinced due to some negative reports and its pretty unfriendly price, I feel pretty encouraged by these reports and I am finally considering the purchase.

May I ask you a couple of simple questions?

Does Pro-ATC-X also handle VFR and, if yes, how? Recently I parked my A320 and NGX stock in the hangar and I am mainly using GA aircraft and business jets on short haul flights.

Does this tool also work with saved flights (due to lack of time, I often use saved flights to use different approaches to the same destination airport)?

Thanks in advance