Sign in to follow this  
swiesma

"Window" on the top left corner

Hey guys,

does anyone of you know what the heck this small white "window" is on the top left corner???

http://i.imgur.com/wjLebq7.jpg

I can resize it, but I cannot close it. I can undock it and move out of the view, but I have to do this everytime and it is getting on my nerves!

Please help me :-)

Best regards,

Stefan

PMDG put it there for a reason so don't mess with it. I think the explanation for what it does is in the manual, or you can find it by searching the PMDG forum.

BTW, do not stare or look directly at it as it can cause vision problems.

Post edit: I researched and it's a light sensor that PMDG uses for lighting.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Is it possible that you have another camera view active, and it's not displaying anything?  Check you cameras and views first to see if that's the case.

-Jim

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Stefan,

Jimburke answer is the correct one. The little white box is from PMDG and is used in the NGX and T7 and apparently has something to do as being a sensor for the interior lights as JimB mentioned. Best thing to do is leave it alone since it's placed there for a reason.

Yes, leave it alone. And never try to resize it ... You won't get it such small again.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Yes, leave it alone. And never try to resize it ... You won't get it such small again.

It comes back everytime I restart P3D, so I don't worry about this  :smile:

This thing really annoys me. It's like a pixel fault. Once seen it can never be unseen  :wink:

Have  you any links to the PMDG description of this "light sensor"?

It comes back everytime I restart P3D, so I don't worry about this :smile:

This thing really annoys me. It's like a pixel fault. Once seen it can never be unseen :wink:

Have you any links to the PMDG description of this "light sensor"?

Did you read my first reply to you? Of course it comes back when you restart P3D and load a PMDG aircraft, it's part of the aircraft and supposed to be there.

You can easily find plenty of info on the little box by googling it, but I will give you a head start and provide some links.

https://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&client=ms-android-hms-tmobile-us&source=android-browser&q=pmdg+little+box#q=pmdg+little+white+box

In addition, I think it's mentioned in the PMDG manual if you read it.

If you want to get more info on it besides the links I provided above, PMDG has a support forum here where you can talk to them about it.

Currently the little white box appears in the NGX and T7 and I would imagine that it could appear in the up coming 747v2.

After a while I've gotten to where I don't even notice it.

Did you read my first reply to you? 

Hello Jim,

sure I did.

I also searched Google but did not find any "in depth" explanation what this thing is doing.

I tried it again yesterday. No impact on the game when moving the window out of sight.

Sorry, I learned software developer myself and try to understand what is going on with this "light sensor"  :smile:

Thank you for the link. I will take a look at it. But I guess I will also try and write the PMDG guys.

As I remember from reading in a distant past, it has something to do with some automation that PMDG needs to do but can't be done via SDK, and the solution was to "fake" mouse clicks or something like that. This window receives those "virtual clicks".

But I read it a looong time ago so maybe I'm talking nonsense.... ;)