Sign in to follow this  
PinkPony

P3D V3 FMC memory leak back?

I would try uninstalling Orbx Vector and OpenLC NA if you have it and test again for your arrival into KJFK. I'm starting to think there is an issue with Vector in the East, even with all Vector options turned off in the configurator.

What do you use to log VAS, does fraps do this?

Thats what I want to know too. Can you give us a hint how to graph the VAS usage Kyle?

I did a flight yesterday going from LSZH to VHHH in the -300ER and it ended after around 9h somewhere in China because I entered the ILS 25R before departure in Zurich. I originally thought this problem was fixed, but I was wrong apparently. First I thought it was FTX Global, so I deactivated it in scenery library during flight. The typical FSUIPC ding disappeared for a while but eventually came back until my flight sim crashed..

So I guess for the next time I won't enter the STAR and runway before departure...

Martin von Dombrowski

Thats what I want to know too. Can you give us a hint how to graph the VAS usage Kyle?

I did a flight yesterday going from LSZH to VHHH in the -300ER and it ended after around 9h somewhere in China because I entered the ILS 25R before departure in Zurich. I originally thought this problem was fixed, but I was wrong apparently. First I thought it was FTX Global, so I deactivated it in scenery library during flight. The typical FSUIPC ding disappeared for a while but eventually came back until my flight sim crashed..

So I guess for the next time I won't enter the STAR and runway before departure...

Enter your arrival in the FMC only when you are approaching top of descent, or else the memory leak will end your flight. I finally upgraded to FSX Steam and plan on installing the PMDG 777 once I get done binging on the FSLabs Airbus in a few months. You can also delete the missed approach settings in each airport's navdata but you have to do that each time you install a new version. - David Lee

Basically Excel and a few custom VBA macros I wrote.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

Enter your arrival in the FMC only when you are approaching top of descent, or else the memory leak will end your flight

Is this the best solution for now?

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

Is this the best solution for now?

yup... only a few approaches so far cause the problem but this is the best solution.  You could select the runway vfr approach and change it to the ILS/GLS/RNV approach you want later.

Dan Downs KCRP

yup... only a few approaches so far cause the problem but this is the best solution.  You could select the runway vfr approach and change it to the ILS/GLS/RNV approach you want later.

Wait..so everything before T/D but if I do VFR then won't that be after T/D

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

Keep it simple.. select approach near or after TOD.

Dan Downs KCRP

Been following this topic with interest.

I wonder if the 737 also suffers from this, a friend of mine has been having OOM issues with that plane as well. The longer the flight the greater chance for OOM and he always is putting in his approaches  before takeoff. I told him to stop doing that and wait until he gets near the airport as in real world anyways. We've pretty much removed most of his addons other than the airports , Global and open LC. If I have time tomorrow I might just load the 737 with one of these troubled approaches and see what happens. 

Wait..so everything before T/D but if I do VFR then won't that be after T/D

Why not just make your last waypoint in your route as the first waypoint of the star that way when you do finally put it in there shouldn't be any issues with your T/D?

I wonder if the 737 also suffers from this, a friend of mine has been having OOM issues with that plane as well.

I've suspected it does, but not as rapidly as the 777.  At the approaches described above, there is a deterioration in VAS, but I've just never gotten around to logging it as much as the 777 to make direct comparisons.

There is a crippling bug in the 737 fmc, if you do not have the full route programmed in, including the star, and then try and enter wind data onto each point, the fmc freezes. There could be a memory leak using certain approaches too, but it must have been included only in one of the latest patches. After the 777 originally came out and I had oom problems flying it, I could fly the 737 literally all day. I'd do short hops from addon scenery to addon scenery all through Europe and never get an oom early on in the 737 versions life.

But today I also get high vas numbers. My memory is not the best, but I think that before the 737 upgrade adding weather radar, the vas usage was very small.  I cannot sit at Orbx southern California at fsdt KLAX in the NGX for more than 10 minutes and the oom ding starts.

That is using fsx Acceleration. Today I finally gave in and formatted my hard drive, installed windows 10 and fsx steam. I have not installed any PMDG aircraft yet but I am sure vas usage is a little smaller. - David Lee

These VAS bugs needs to be fixed.  At this point, I am getting the feeling just to fly ga planes.  Using basic scenery (global+vector+openlc) should not cause these many problems (with pretty much all settings to standard with 3.5 LOD in P3D 3.3.5). Sure, VR takes some VAS.  But one can not go back to 2d after VR. 

The workaround so so easy as to make this a annoying but not killer bug... the only issues I've had with either 777 or NGX in the past many months was when I tried using AS16+ASCA Multilayer Thunderstorm Clouds... oh my, that's turned back off.

I don't think the same bug is in the NGX.  The code for the NGX FMS has not changed, while PMDG did do something to the 777 FMS that lead to the original discovery of the problem with the go around at KLAX and now we have evidence of a related issue as well as the problem at EGGL OCK transitions.  They'll get it fixed, probably already coded into the new queen.  Regardless, it's helpful to identify problems, but to insist that they get fixed not so much.

Dan Downs KCRP

Two sets of data I recorded for the NGX.  One sitting stationary with absolutely nothing loaded in the FMS.  The other with ILS runway 26 into PHTO loaded, showing symptoms of VAS leaking; not as rapid as the 777.  Will have to try it in the 777 sometime to compare, and now record more data in the NGX as well (been chasing the 777 problem for nearly 2 years now, and never actually archived that much NGX data).

PsPsIS3.jpg

zi83iXu.png