Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rsrandazzo

[09DEC15] A Whole Lotta 747-400 Goodness!

148 posts in this topic

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

What does BCF stand for and what does that variant do that the F doesn't?

BCF "Boeing Converted Frieghter" , as in converted from a passenger version. You'll notice Cargo 744's out there that have a longer hump just like the PAX Version

Boeing Converted Freighter

Boeing program where approved contractors convert previously passenger versions into freighters.

EDIT: Jimmy beat me to it.

Hi Rob,

For the flap part, do you actually create the physical model (typically a set of nonlinear differential equations with input from the hydraulic pump) to drive the flap animation?

Thanks,

Zicheng Cai

BCF = Boeing Converted Freighter, a conversion of the passenger -400 performed by Boeing certified and approved contractors. It's converted to a full freighter with a SCD - Side Cargo Door added, windows blanked out, all doors except the upper deck doors, Doors 1L, 5L and belly cargo doors, deactivated and blocked.

There is nothing special about a BCF other than its a re-purpose of the -400 passenger model, a few airlines that have operated the passenger -400 have converted their own -400s to BCFs, Cathay Pacific is one example.

Regards,

Outstanding attention to detail! Can't wait to see the first livery previews and compare them with my planespotting pictures from the airport.   :wink:

And for what it's worth, I think they look way cooler!!!

Hello,

Great pictures !! but i have a quick question about exterior lights effects, will you include the beacon reflection on engines ? 

I know this is not important but it's more realistic to see the beacon reflection in the night default_smile.png  ( just a proof :

).

Thank you !

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0