Sign in to follow this  
EightBall

DCS World 2.0 - Another Morning at Nellis AFB

Hi everyone.

Just wanted to share these. None of the pictures were edited.

The C-5 galaxy is a static object from Ranger79's Modpack (ED Forums), the F-15C California ANG skin is made by Tom Weiss (Lockonfiles)

Hope you like them :smile:

DCS%200253_zpshgucuptq.png

DCS%200266_zpsl6nzbkkt.png

DCS%200262_zpsnvzqgn6a.png

DCS%200227_zpspnv0lduc.png

DCS%200240_zpsn35jewhe.png

DCS%200242_zpsmnbwofqr.png

DCS%200245_zpsusq9npof.png

DCS%200336_zpslo3ucysm.png

DCS%200380_zpsjzy1lmjl.png

DCS%200322_zpsylvby8iw.png

DCS%200358_zpswwq7wcw4.png

DCS%200385_zps16y7hkxu.png

• Upvote 6

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Bloody Hell 

I was going to say "wow", but your response is appropriate too...

:smile:

Love them.

Also i remember you! We meet often in the usual free flight server hahaa, my nick is Pastaiolo there

Bloomin bloody 'eck mate, them's some nice shots.  The best part is the Stewart C-5 squatting "taking it from both ends" as we always called it in the Air Force!

DCS World together with IL-2 Battle of Stalingrad completely hooked me.

Rise of Flight is yet another prominent example of what excellent development teams can deliver, even using very limited resources.

This superb simulators run in my rig like none of it's civilian counterparts ever did, specially taking into consideration the complexity of the world around your airplane being simulated to the level of detail that specially IL-2 and RoF offer when flying offline ( AI pilot's and their aircraft flight dynamics are 2nd to none! )

I believe Falcon 4 BMS 4.33 will certainly not fall behind, but I do not have this one... and modern fighters aren't really my beach....

• Upvote 1

I have an old quad core cpu from 2009, not overclocked at 2.83GHz, 8 gb of DDR2 ram and a GTX 760. I can run everything on medium/high at over 35 fps on the city (where it's more demanding) and over 80-100 depending on the spot in other parts of the map.

on the old map ( DCS 1.5, old map but new engine still) fps are even more higher.

Mine is an i5 2500 ( not overclocked, so at 3,2 GHz ) with 16 GB DDR3 RAM, and an ASUS 969 GTX 4GB card.

Get 60 fps locked, and over Nevada dense urban areas, with medium civil traffic at goes down to min 43 fps. 

From people coming from FSX and P3D, it's another world really. No more blurred textures either, better lightning, proper flight dynamics especially on the ground (which are also achieved in xplane too, granted), just lovely.

• Upvote 1

From people coming from FSX and P3D, it's another world really. No more blurred textures either, better lightning, proper flight dynamics especially on the ground (which are also achieved in xplane too, granted), just lovely.

Regarding XP10, unfortunately, and more properly since a patch introduced somewhere along XP9, more or less when the torque bug was introduced as well ....

the aircraft suffer from way to much weather vanning, making taxiing a lot more difficult than IRL, even under slight winds...

Thanks a lot everyone, glad to see some familiar faces :smile:

I agree, it looks stunning at dawn and sunset, it's sometimes hard to concentrate on the mission.

In case it would be useful, here are my spec :

i7 4790K (4Ghz), GTX 970, 8Gb Ram, 256 Go SDD (OS & DCS), Win 7 64Bit

I play with all settings on high. FPS is between 35 (over LV strip) and 130 (in the desert)

Regarding XP10, unfortunately, and more properly since a patch introduced somewhere along XP9, more or less when the torque bug was introduced as well ....

the aircraft suffer from way to much weather vanning, making taxiing a lot more difficult than IRL, even under slight winds...

I don't know that. But still gives you a feeling the plane is on some wheels. Not like FSX/P3D where it feels like the plane is on rails. Engine limitations i assume

Stunning photos. Incredible sim. I own 6-7 planes and simply can't wait for the WW2 map. I still find the terrain textures to be extremely lackluster, however. Maybe it's the LOD. I haven't modded or tweaked my DCS so maybe there is a solution for my taste.

Cheers.