Sign in to follow this  
simon747

Liking the C90GTX -- GTN750 Mod

Negative, the mod replaces the bottom 4/5s of the MFD with the GTN750. 

The original C90B does not have a MFD

Thanks!

Recoloring can be done, but you will loose significant depth of the texture. The best method is to find something already painted close to use as a template, create a layer lift the colors to. Recolor to your desire, then layer onto the white-base using multiply. This will keep the depth of the texture. You can then use this layer to go back and add the spec map. 

If the above is Greek to you, then you may just want to pass on repainting. 

Original Carenado C90. Didn't think these turned out too bad!  Simply recolored around my consistent "fleet red". Exported the alpha channel from DXTbmp and imported it back following Photoshop work.

N9950T%20KAVL-KLAL%281%29-L.jpg

N903TT%283%29-L.jpg

N5590T%20KICT-L.jpg

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

I am interested in this bird.  Before the TDv2 I was logging 75% of my hours in the original Carenado C90.  Could you or Bert post a screenshot showing how the taller mod version of the GTN (full reveal) looks in the panel?  

....  That plus a much better position for the autopilot....  A hole is burning in my wallet pocket.

Frank, you'll like the airplane (if you are a sucker for really nice looking and functional cockpits, like I am).

Frankly the "taller" GTN looks awful, to my eyes.. so if you choose to use it that way, please do not tell :wink:

Bert

Frankly the "taller" GTN looks awful, to my eyes.. so if you choose to use it that way, please do not tell

So followers are using it mostly as an aesthetically placed pop-up I assume?  I use a lot of the functions of the GTN750 and the screen surface at that "back" icon is getting worn out on mine. Next time I should remember to install one of those ArmorShield protective skins! LOL!

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

There are some trade-offs, I must admit.  This cockpit was not designed with the Garmin GTN in mind.

Still, you can zoom the map with the mouse wheel, and whenever you want to access the functions on the screen, the Back button is only one extra mouse click away.  If I knew how access the Back function by programming one of the MFD buttons, I would, but Flight1 tells me that is not possible..

Bert

What is the one mouse click for the back button?

Frank Patton
ASUS 

The lower left MFD frame has a clickspot on it, to pop up the GTN window, same as the typical VC GTN has.

Bert

The lower left MFD frame has a clickspot on it, to pop up the GTN window, same as the typical VC GTN has.

Ok. Thought you meant something other. I map a yoke button to Shift-8 and map the GTN or GN to it and use the button to toggle the pop-up.  Will send you a PM for the mod.

Frank Patton
ASUS 

Anyone still alive here?

Im interested in the GTN mod integration please

Thank You

pmdg_j41_banner.jpg

4 minutes ago, Smoky said:

Anyone still alive here?

Im interested in the GTN mod integration please

Thank You

Send me a PM with your email address.

Bert