Sign in to follow this  
simon747

Liking the C90GTX -- GTN750 Mod

This plane seems to be more well received than previous releases. I am waiting for a video to show up on YTube because I want to see it in motion.

Honestly, for me, this plane seems to function better than other recent Carenado releases. Better frames than the Phenom, no need to purchase an avionics expansion, great flight performance, a realistic failure in the engines if you stress them. Personally, I am much happier with the C90 GTX than any Carenado purchase I've made.

Permission to share the mods received from Carenado.

Please submit requests via PM to me, including your email address!

Thanks Bert!  It appears to work fine.  I am using the 410 setting because with this, I can see the entire display.

Same here.

Might be because you don't use widescreen option ;-)

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Same here.

Might be because you don't use widescreen option ;-)

Nope, because I like the look of the original (480) option better.

Clean and matches the PFD nicely.  :smile:

Bert

Nope, because I like the look of the original (480) option better.

Clean and matches the PFD nicely.  :smile:

Hi Bert.  Thanks for the mod bud.  Works a treat.  Also disabled carenavigraph and she's smooth as silk.

Nice work.

Jason

I am REALLY willing to buy this one due to Bert's mods, which make all Carenado's avionics flaws turns into beauty! 

But... I'm still septic about Autopilots modes and other majors issues they always leave behind. Can anyone tell me how it works? Is it a disaster like the Phenom 300? Any major bugs you guys can point me?

Thanks!

Rafael

Rafael Henrique Carelli

Honestly, for me, this plane seems to function better than other recent Carenado releases. Better frames than the Phenom, no need to purchase an avionics expansion, great flight performance, a realistic failure in the engines if you stress them. Personally, I am much happier with the C90 GTX than any Carenado purchase I've made.

Its a great to fly with autopilot and without.  Bert's GTN mod makes flying to remote areas a little easier and more exciting.  Well done to all involved!

Simon

I am REALLY willing to buy this one due to Bert's mods, which make all Carenado's avionics flaws turns into beauty! 

But... I'm still septic about Autopilots modes and other majors issues they always leave behind. Can anyone tell me how it works? Is it a disaster like the Phenom 300? Any major bugs you guys can point me?

Thanks!

Rafael

Hi Rafael,

This is one of their best FDE's.  It hand flys great.  It's smooth and pretty realistic according to a King Air I.P.  And, of course, it is beautiful.  The graphic detail is what Carenado does best.  The Proline 21 is the typical Carenado..not what they do best.  I agree with you, the only way I could live with this airplane is with Bert's GTN mod.  He cleans up some of the mode functions so the ship auto-fly's pretty well.  With the GTN you can do pretty much everything the Proline should do.  The only thing I don't like is when you select a new altitude it defaults to 1000 fpm VS.  I looked in the aircraft.cfg and it's set at zero there.  I still haven't found where it's coded.  Probably should ask Bert.  It's no 737 though.  It isn't real enthusiastic about climbing. :wink:

Best regards,

Bill

"A good landing is one you can walk away from. An excellent landing is one you can taxi away from."

Bill in Colorado:

Retired

Comm: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

CFI: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

Hi Rafael,

This is one of their best FDE's.  It hand flys great.  It's smooth and pretty realistic according to a King Air I.P.  And, of course, it is beautiful.  The graphic detail is what Carenado does best.  The Proline 21 is the typical Carenado..not what they do best.  I agree with you, the only way I could live with this airplane is with Bert's GTN mod.  He cleans up some of the mode functions so the ship auto-fly's pretty well.  With the GTN you can do pretty much everything the Proline should do.  The only thing I don't like is when you select a new altitude it defaults to 1000 fpm VS.  I looked in the aircraft.cfg and it's set at zero there.  I still haven't found where it's coded.  Probably should ask Bert.  It's no 737 though.  It isn't real enthusiastic about climbing. :wink:

Best regards,

Bill

Yes that would be nice if someone (read that Bert :) would fix that that VS default to 1000.

On the climb, I've been climbing out at torque on 1450 and FLC with speed at 120kts. Takes awhile, especially at Max Gross

I'm not too pleased with the default navigation setup.

If I attempt to load an FSX flight, it renders the FMC useless.  If I attempt to create a flight using the FMC, it limits what airports I can use.

For example, if I try to fly from KOLM (Olympia, WA) to S47 (Tillamook, OR) it will not load S47 as my destination.  Either I'm missing something, or the default Navigraph is very, very limited.

The F1 GTN looks intriguing, but I'm balking at the price tag.  Hate to purchase something that costs more than the basic aircraft.

Not sure at this point what to do next.  Any suggestions?

Thanks

--WH

Some FMC's require four letters/numbers.

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Yes that would be nice if someone (read that Bert :) would fix that that VS default to 1000.

On the climb, I've been climbing out at torque on 1450 and FLC with speed at 120kts. Takes awhile, especially at Max Gross

Try increasing the speed to 160ish.  That seems to work a little better for me.

"A good landing is one you can walk away from. An excellent landing is one you can taxi away from."

Bill in Colorado:

Retired

Comm: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

CFI: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

Not sure what you want me to fix..

Bert

Does using the GTN in this aircraft negate the need to use the FMS pretty much entirely??

More than that, the FMS is disabled when you install the GTN mod, at least for

the C90 paint that you select the GTN panel for.

Bert