Sign in to follow this  
mcbellette

Thought that 747 lovers would find this interesting...

BRILLIANT- many thanks!

A refreshing change....

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Yes, very interesting. Thanks for sharing the link

ki9cAAb.jpg

Very interesting!

Thx for sharing.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Impressive undertaking, reveals how important strong project management is to success.

Dan Downs KCRP

Brilliant 'undercover' reportage. To discover this 16 years later, wow.

Thanks for the enlightenment, Matthew.

"And all we had left was this one bolt...."  B)

Thanks for posting- these incidents so often (understandably) escape public documentation.

Dan Dominik                                                                           

"I thought you said your dog does not bite....
                                                                That's not my dog."

Some of those pics have made it to media outlets but that's a nice collection in one place, cheers.

More often than not the carriers are highly sensitive to having any aircraft bearing their logo/name while on the ground, in repair following an incident. Frequently logos are painted over or otherwise covered even while AOG teams are en route, and scrap/replacements are carefully controlled.

Whether it makes a difference is debatable (and no reporter would ever be fooled), but it's been an m.o. for decades presumably to reduce the reaction by the uninformed public in the area.

Dan Dominik                                                                           

"I thought you said your dog does not bite....
                                                                That's not my dog."

Indeed, very informative and interesting. Not only can these guys fit a million parts together so that we can fly on it and complain about discomfort without any realization into the work that goes in, they can also remove/replace pieces of it, and put it back together without so much as a scratch on it for the common man's eye!!

thx for sharing!!

Charan Kumar
FSX/XPX vPilot
VATSIM ZOA and Oceanic Controller (Pacific)

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has - Margaret Mead

Very cool, pic number 8 makes the poor thing look so sad... 

747 forever! Wish my airline flew them!

Busdriver (Bill)

KPHL

Thanks for sharing, I thoroughly enjoyed seeing how this repair was executed.  :smile:

More often than not the carriers are highly sensitive to having any aircraft bearing their logo/name while on the ground, in repair following an incident. Frequently logos are painted over or otherwise covered even while AOG teams are en route, and scrap/replacements are carefully controlled.

Whether it makes a difference is debatable (and no reporter would ever be fooled), but it's been an m.o. for decades presumably to reduce the reaction by the uninformed public in the area.

It is interesting for sure. There is even a more extreme example:

This is Garuda flight 421 after it had crash landed in a river, with the Garuda branding painted over for as long as the wreckage was 'in the public eye'.

0091cf89c5.jpg

• Upvote 1

Henk de Vries

When Qantas sends their jets to the graveyard in the US for storage, they paint the famous white kangaroo red (like the rest of the aircraft tail) and paint white over the "Qantas", etc lettering on the fuselage in the hopes you won't realise it's a Qantas aircraft. Sadly for the airline, I think that all but the most clueless observer would know it was once a Qantas aircraft because there's no mistaking that red tail and white fuselage!!!