Sign in to follow this  
warbirds

Airfoillabs Cessna 172

Can't get it to activate on 10.50, keeps popping in/out activation screen. :sad:

1.61 version. Nice news I bought yesterday. :wub:

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |

Yes, heard about that fix, but don't even have a link,

There's a number of ways to do it depending on where your X-Plane folder is .. but for me it's here ... C:\...\X-Plane 10\Resources\sounds\contact\skid_dry.wav

Either edit the sound file or do what I do and copy the skid_wet.wav over the skid_dry.wav and there you have it .. no tire screech. Just remember to do it again if you update or choose not to overwrite the file.

I bought this plane last night, You don't have to spend much time with this to know its a real quality piece of Software,  Really impressed by it so far.

All the individual sounds are great 

• Upvote 3

I have a question in regards to this plane, if anyone can answer -

I also have recently (last month, I think) bought this C172. It seems to be pretty great in terms of detail, as expected.

But the one thing I found that I have a hard time with is that when you pan around the cabin from the regular pilots viewpoint, there seems to be a fairly noticeable 'fisheye' effect that doesn't seem to be noticeable at the same FOV and zoom level as my other aircraft.

Has anyone else noticed this? Is there some way of dealing with it? It's annoying enough that for me, it detracts from what would otherwise be a fairly incredible addon.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Yes I noticed the view panning problems also.  When panning upwards it gets so bad the instruments turn to an oblong shape and the entire panel looks at an angle.  It bothered me so much I quit flying it. Otherwise its a a great airplane.

Has anyone else noticed this? Is there some way of dealing with it? It's annoying enough that for me, it detracts from what would otherwise be a fairly incredible addon.

Yes the effect is pretty noticeable with the default settings. There's a slider in one of the menus that lets you adjust the FOV (field of view), reducing this by about 15-20° improves the view a lot. You may have to play with the setting a bit.

Yes, this aircraft has a custom views system (necessary for the "go outside" mode, for the walkaround).   I've noticed it feels a little different with TrackIR too.  As above, I think the FOV feature that comes with this addon overrules XP10's native FOV system, so changing it can give a good improvement.

I just wish they'd fix the bug with the autopilot giving a big, abrupt jerk to the aircraft when it's engaged.

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

I use X-Camera set at default pilot viewpoint + 2 notches elevation head panning (TrackIR) appears perfect to me i.e. no fish lens effect.

• Upvote 1

I'm sorry for bumping the thread but...

What's the current consensus on the Airfoillabs C172 and how does it compare to the A2A?

I just started PPL training on a C172 and would like to know which is the best C172 available on the market right now, be it on FSX or on XP10. Thanks for any help!

Jaime Beneyto

My real life aviation and flight simulation videos [English and Spanish]

System: i9 9900k OC 5.0 GHz | RTX 2080 Super | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Asus Z390-F

I'm sorry for bumping the thread but...

What's the current consensus on the Airfoillabs C172 and how does it compare to the A2A?

I just started PPL training on a C172 and would like to know which is the best C172 available on the market right now, be it on FSX or on XP10. Thanks for any help!

I would go with the A2A while it's on sale or wait for the next sale.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I would go with the A2A while it's on sale or wait for the next sale.

Will this work in XP-11 Jose ? thanks 

Rich Sennett

Will this work in XP-11 Jose ? thanks 

The A2A 172 is for FSX or P3D.

The Airfoil Labs 172 is for XP 10. There's a new version that will be released this weekend.

The XP 11 version (free update) is being delayed until January.

I will test and let you know how it performs.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

The A2A 172 is for FSX or P3D.

The Airfoil Labs 172 is for XP 10. There's a new version that will be released this weekend.

The XP 11 version (free update) is being delayed until January.

I will test and let you know how it performs.

Thanks Jose - good info  :wink:

Rich Sennett

I don't know how you can compare A2A's to AirfoilLabs' 172, except by system simulation.  If you're flying X-Plane, you will need AirfoilLab's, if your flying FSX or P3D, you will need A2A.

I have both of them and they are both extremely realistic and high quality simulations for their sim environments.

I believe AirfoilLab even consulted some with A2A when they were putting their 172 together.