Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

Taburet 3d lights But

Thank you Rich :smile:
would you agree that today we have at the least a comparable lighting system to XP?

Thank you Rich :smile:

would you agree that today we have at the least a comparable lighting system to XP?

I would say its starting to look good, but still not "comparable" with XP. The lightning blobs are still to big, and doesn't naturally reduce in size as you approach them (as in X-Plane). I installed X-Plane 10.45 last month and been experimenting with RealTerraHaze to tweak the night environment. I was all P3D before, but I have to say X-Plane night lightning beats FSX/P3D night environment setups by miles.

However, I have been frustrated with the lack of glow and bloom with Aerosofts NE ever since I moved on to P3D. I've brought up this issue on numerous occasions but it seems as tessellation is an issue. Indeed, if you turn this feature off in P3D, some of the glow and bloom returns, but tessellation is a feature I definitely want to keep on. Likewise with HDR.

I tried to tweak NE Norway with the new NE configurator (increasing light bulb size, glow etc), but at least for me it didn't produce the results I was hoping for.

• Upvote 1

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

Hi Brynjar,

NE's 3D light are perfectly proportioned and do adjust in size with distance!

in 1.8 you will be able to resize 3D bawl size, brightness and even light shape and type (to volumetric)

the glow is not a 3D light feature; as that is an exaggerated filter effect most people relate to the lights themselves when it’s not related!

HDR in 3.2 is now working flawlessly and more with in the right spectrum; Tess is indeed very important and is not neglected in any way,

there are still birth pains to go through; it is a tricky algorithm to fine tune; we will get there just as HDR eventually made it in 3.2 Tess isn't far behind,

as for XP, i honestly feel NE brings in more vividness into the night today in general,

maybe I’m bias (probably) if I’m trying to be as neutral as i can; I’m looking at the night view in your video,

it first made my smile fondly; looking into good old XP lighting system seeing the progress we made over the years inspired by it;

i was feeling like something was missing for me; maybe i got used to see Night Environment,

i missed color, and some depth perception was lost due to the glow effect;

I’m only referring to how i felt watching the video in regards to the glow effect (to each his own there though!);

if i take a moment to talk about the glow effect; I’ve researched this every which way!

light doesn't act this way in real life, light doesn't become brighter as you distance from the light source;

the light bunches up together to form a unified color and then shape; but it does not glow!

Images taken from space from many cameras are over exposed intentionally to capture night visuals;

they do not represent what you see in reality, lights particles are the first thing a software will exaggerate when snapping an image;

there for you have to take this into consideration when inspecting images representing night,

a recent video posted by Michael on our forums from 3.2; it’s has similar flow to the video you posted only its NE,

a recent video posted Michael on our forums from 3.2; it’s has similar flow to the video you posted only its NE,

I agree, the video posted by Micheal is indeed amazing. However, I can never seem to get lightning like that.

• Upvote 1

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

stop by our support site and open a thread there;

id love to shoot the breeze discussing technicalities further and see what we can do to bring more luster out on your gear,

im sure Michael will chime in with his know how too :)

The Berlin demo is very old and doesn’t represent NE of today;
the line has gone several generation since; and will continue to improve at no additional cost to our customers,

Hi Chris... I'd like to give NE a try but if the demo is not truly representative of the current evolution of NE then it is not going to be worthwhile for me to install it. Would it be possible to provide a new demo?

thanks

Darren Morris

your right Darren, it is not representative of NE of today,
the demo in its way will still demonstrate NE, it hasn't changed that much after all,
still you're right; while i have no immediate solution at the moment; i will bring this up with Aerosoft,

just as an FYI, no one had asked for his investment back after using any one of our regions!

accept for maybe one customer which i wont mention his name (right Jose? :wink:) wasn't 100% happy with NE FL,
it wasn't because NE was bad; it just didn't work for him with the rest of his items;

(i didn't forget as you noticed ; he will come around and i will change his mind :P )

thanks for your reply Chris... maybe I'll give the berlin demo a try then

• Upvote 1

Darren Morris

Still struggling with the NE installation: Error message of the configurator is ERROR: Region folder not found for selected region!

RegKey: aerosoft\Night Environment - California - PREPAR3D V3.x
Filename: <  >

I extracted the updated California installer. Must have been gone to the wrong folder. No time to look for it now, as always help appreciated from the pros.

Followed Chris' instructions here http://forums.nightenvironment.com/topic/182-ne-ca-p3dv3-step-to-step-procedure/?do=getLastComment and configurator is working now. Not all options from the manual are present though, seems that California v 1.7 does not offer all of them.

I like the colors and the generally natural look however the fps hit in larger cities is quite noticeable. 

• Upvote 1

Hans

im glad everything worked Hans,

there are many factors to FPS drops, NE is not a small addon by all means!

you need to have room for NE to run properly just as you need room for day time scenery,

many goes into the night unaware initially; night time is as complex as daytime and as such proper consideration should be made,

when i say proper consideration ill give you an example; you have FTX installed pushing your day time scenery to the max; nice!

going into the night with high day setting doesn't leave room for... high night settings, makes sense?

i can go into any dense city anywhere and have no issues what so ever; i run a Dodo and NE mainly with Photoreal and custom Autogen objects,

you see Michael run 4 screens at high settings coming into KMIA in the video above also with no issue,

in his case i really envy his setup because it is actually one of the heaviest you can run,

its PMDG, likely FTX, Photoreal, and NE all at very high settings; and he is doing very well there;

i couldn't run this on my setup that comfy, i will likely experience drops as well,

back to consideration; each knows his Sim the best, hardware, resources etc,

as your first remedy for dense areas; reduce yellow slider to 50%; leave all the rest as is,

your visuals will not change dramatically from that; but you will free up some VAS space to balance things out,

we have a tweaking and performance area on our forums where we discuss how to "make room" for night time scenery,

I am more than impressed by the way the lighting looks so much more real.  I've been a user of ORBX scenery for a long time and with that, I found it very hard to get a sweetspot with their lighting, either it was too big or too small.  I used their lighting configurator, which has a lot of options, but never found tweaking them to make a huge difference.  I don't want to help contribute to hijacking a Taburet thread, but a lot of talk has been going on about Night Environment and I like what I have seen so far.

If I were to acquire either package, is it easy to "turn off" the ORBX lighting?

-Jim

• Upvote 1

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Hi Jim, yes it is fairly easy to do,

in most cases turning NE over FTX region will automatically disable most of FTX lights in that particular region only,

so you can continue to have coverage where NE is not covering you at night via FTX,

you always have the option to completley turn these off from within the application itself,

Hi,

I will agree it was trial and error in the beginning, my fault really because I never really had a clear understanding of HDR. Once I gave it serious attention and started playing around in the sim, I had no trouble setting it up.

Right now I'm running P3D3.2, MegaScenery Earth 4x Florida, Night Environment Florida - with 100% lighting, Night Texture Splash Map and LatinVFR KMIA installed. Here are my HDR settings, although each monitor is going to be different and will require tweaking.

Brightness= 0.65 - This you will have to adjust, my tv's brightness may be set higher or lower than yours

Bloom = 1.10 - my personal preference

Saturation = 1.15 - my personal preference

I agree, the video posted by Micheal is indeed amazing. However, I can never seem to get lightning like that.

• Upvote 1

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

here is the same video on youtube

That video does not do justice... In the Sim NE is so much better than that video

• Upvote 1

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Brightness= 0.65 - This you will have to adjust, my tv's brightness may be set higher or lower than yours

Bloom = 1.10 - my personal preference

Saturation = 1.15 - my personal preference

for me .55,1.05,1.2 works very well

(don't just copy these blindly guys, its a good starting and reference point; but each system will slightly differ)

That video does not do justice... In the Sim NE is so much better than that video

so true!