Sign in to follow this  
jason99vmi

P3D v3.2 Settings

@WebMaximus

Thank you for posting those..

Can you tell me some scenarios & the FPS experience you commonly have with those settings?

I do all my flying online on Vatsim in the NGX and with ASN, FTX Global, openLC, Vector and mostly big payware airports such as the new FTX Stockholm-Arlanda I'm usually somewhere between 40-50 FPS.

Flying online into Aerosoft EGLL for instance which is known to hit your FPS hard with lots of online traffic I sometimes drop down to 25-30 FPS.

• Upvote 1

Richard Åsberg

Does anyone have any experiance with what settings to use for AMD cards? I have the setup below, which isn't to shabby. But i never seem to get the same level of FPS/smoothness as i see in other peoples Youtube/twitch video's. And the shimmering is terrible.

I'm wondering if its my graphic card or something else, as swapping over to Nvidia could be costly if it changes nothing, i'd say i have my setting on about "medium", nothing to high. And only run very low shadow setting, because as soon i start putting them up the fps dives.

I7-3770k @ 4.6Ghz

16GB Ram

AMD 290(slightly oc'ed)

500gb SSD(which p3d runs from)

Would have loved to help you but I have zero experience with AMD cards, sorry.

Richard Åsberg

Well the DSR solved all of my AA issues with all the Carenado planes as well as fences and poles that were shimmering. I used the built in monitor sharpness and that solved most of the blurriness and softness.

Works Great. Alt-Enter to go to windows mode for changes then back. Very satisfied.

Bob

Hello, as we have toppic about 3.2 settings I would like to ask some questions regarding tweaks. 

Firstly, my specs are: 

i7 4790K 4.0 GHz (no overclocked) 

EVGA 980Ti 

MSI 97 Krait 

16 GB RAM (1600 MHz) 

4k 40' monitor

Settings are similar to Rob's: http://www.robainscough.com/P3DV3_Settings_Very_Low.html and I have 25-30 FPS in most cases. 

Don't use any NVI.

First one, I am thinking about the possibility of buying additional cooler for CPU and try to overclock it to 4.6/4.7. But the question is, will I notice any difference? Maybe it is not worth it? Also is it better to have HT ON vs OFF? and does AM tweak will change sth? 

The second about my monitor. I have a Philips PHL BDM4065 40' 4K. I run it on native resolution 3840/2160 with 60Hz:

http://imgur.com/OTRYpkA

However, while using this settings, I still can notice shimmering on airports (lamps for example) and on aircraft. I have read that Rob and other 4k monitors owners try to lock refresh on 30 Hz. But in my case I cannot do that? Only 29 Hz, does anyone know why? 

http://imgur.com/nuOhEMF

Maybe I do sth wrong with my 4k settings, I am using a displayport, changed to 1.2 in the monitor settings. 

Thank you for some tips. 

Arek

I've seen a couple different reports regarding the need of SGSS 4x to reduce shimmering.  Is this still needed in 3.2?  And if so, do the FPS still come down to a crawl when heavy clouds are present?  I have i5 4670k oc to 4.4ghz and gtx 970.

Thanks!

I've seen a couple different reports regarding the need of SGSS 4x to reduce shimmering.  Is this still needed in 3.2?  And if so, do the FPS still come down to a crawl when heavy clouds are present?  I have i5 4670k oc to 4.4ghz and gtx 970.

Thanks!

SGSS 4X fine here without the hit from what I have seen - Titan X fyi

Rich Sennett

SGSS 4X fine here without the hit from what I have seen - Titan X fyi

Thanks for your input.  Pretty crazy that it caused a hit in the past with that beast of a card!

Thanks for your input.  Pretty crazy that it caused a hit in the past with that beast of a card!

Didn't cause a hit but feels smoother now  :dance:your welcome

Rich Sennett

Thanks!

It seems much better than the impact from dense clouds in 2.3 for me.  Trusty 3y/o GTX Titan.

I continue to be amazed at how well 3.2 runs--most recently added PMDG T7 and it's really impressive.  To taxi around KSFO-HD with very high settings and see 28-29 frames w/ impressive smoothness is remarkable.  3.2 has indeed been shaped into something we wish we'd had along time ago.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

It seems much better than the impact from dense clouds in 2.3 for me.  Trusty 3y/o GTX Titan.

I continue to be amazed at how well 3.2 runs--most recently added PMDG T7 and it's really impressive.  To taxi around KSFO-HD with very high settings and see 28-29 frames w/ impressive smoothness is remarkable.  3.2 has indeed been shaped into something we wish we'd had along time ago.

Hi Noel

Are you also using FTXNCA ?

Thanks

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Hi Noel,  that sounds super.  What are your system specs?

So what you guys are saying here is that now in P3Dv3.2 you're all of a sudden able to use SGSSx4 without a severe performance hit even when flying through dense clouds?

Edited to add a second question, what cloud textures are you using?

I was thinking maybe the default cloud textures in P3Dv3.2 were in some way optimized in such a way that SGSS won't try to apply it's magic on them? Because the way I understood it that has been the problem so far causing the bad performance and also the reason why it didn't affect FSX when using the DX10SF since there's an option in there to disable any AA on clouds.

Or maybe that same option has now been built-in into P3D starting from ver 3.2.

Anyway this of course is super good news for anyone with AA issues that can't be cured by anything else but using SGSS.

Richard Åsberg

Hi Noel

Are you also using FTXNCA ?

Thanks

Michael Moe

Not for that comment--just FTX Global.   3y ago when I assembled my current build I had made peace with the idea flying complex planes out of complex scenery like the Bay Area with FSDT KSFO is best done w/o enabling FTX NCA, though I flew the NGX in FTX Aux from YMML>YBBN with stellar frame rates and smoothness but as you may know that regional is not as hard on performance as NCA is.  It's all good as is said because when I'm flying the heavier tubes it's always w/ FSCaptain and so gazing at scenery for the short time while down low on a long flight you're only able to appreciate complex scenery for a few minutes is much less of an issue.   For shorter hops or into areas that aren't so intense, like FTX CRM > FTX KJAC is easily managed--just don't have a plane that can get in and out of there any more since I lost the QW757.  Waiting for CRJ700 to pick up that route again.

Hi Noel,  that sounds super.  What are your system specs?

Nothing special by today's standards-it's a 3yo 3930K@4.43Ghz, GTX Titan.  As mentioned I'm good w/ using complex airports in FTX Global for PMDG tubes and it's really, finally, excellent.   

All sliders hard right except Shadow quality, cloud distance at 100m, low to medium density, veg 1 left, autogen 2 left.

So what you guys are saying here is that now in P3Dv3.2 you're all of a sudden able to use SGSSx4 without a severe performance hit even when flying through dense clouds?

Edited to add a second question, what cloud textures are you using?

I was thinking maybe the default cloud textures in P3Dv3.2 were in some way optimized in such a way that SGSS won't try to apply it's magic on them? Because the way I understood it that has been the problem so far causing the bad performance and also the reason why it didn't affect FSX when using the DX10SF since there's an option in there to disable any AA on clouds.

Or maybe that same option has now been built-in into P3D starting from ver 3.2.

Anyway this of course is super good news for anyone with AA issues that can't be cured by anything else but using SGSS.

Too early to say here but so far seems much improved.  Remember how that issue was sometimes hard to predict where the impact would be intense w/ SGSS4X and where it wouldn't be?  I've had that happen anyway in 2.3.  So far it's seems it's much improved but not certain if there aren't situations where it's still awful--but I have done some heavy clouds and don't see the impact nearly as bad.  Yesterday flew out of KPDX>KDEN and some sections of intense clouds and no impact whatsoever.  

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Not for that comment--just FTX Global.   3y ago when I assembled my current build I had made peace with the idea flying complex planes out of complex scenery like the Bay Area with FSDT KSFO is best done w/o enabling FTX NCA, though I flew the NGX in FTX Aux from YMML>YBBN with stellar frame rates and smoothness but as you may know that regional is not as hard on performance as NCA is.  It's all good as is said because when I'm flying the heavier tubes

Nothing special by today's standards-it's a 3yo 3930K@4.43Ghz, GTX Titan.  As mentioned I'm good w/ using complex airports in FTX Global for PMDG tubes and it's really, finally, excellent.   

All sliders hard right except Shadow quality, cloud distance at 100m, low to medium density, veg 1 left, autogen 2 left.

Then i am in the same boat  , about 30-35fps at FB KSFO in the PMDG777 on runway 28L/R

Really amazing even at night

Great job by Flightbeam btw. Could or should be THE airport to visit in my own opinion.

Thanks

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png