Sign in to follow this  
CavalierDuck

Lazing around the Leeward Islands

I had the scenery problems at SABA and TFFJ. Will try to switch Vector off and see if that helps.

Nope, SABA doesn't work no matter what, same for TFFJ. Anyway, for a short stopover the stock scenery has to be sufficient.

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider

Point of order Mister Chairman. I have no TAPO Codrington(new) on my FSX so the server will be set at TAPH Codrington(old) :smile:

There was no 'Note to Ron' so the time of departure is 14:45 local.

Welcome aboard Coconut Airways. :Big Grin:

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

My basketball team lost!  Should have been participating here???? Or would I have survived? Especially with default scenery. I'd have taken my Carenado Grand Caravan. That because that's the model I fly to the Cayman Islands and Jamaica once a year for a Winter getaway because of it's passenger and scuba/surfboard payload capacity! And also because the Grand Caravan appears in most of the linked real world videos in this topic. 

No new posts here since before participants flew the circuit....  Did anyone survive?  Any screen shots or video? Bert? Ron? Stew? You there?

Mayday?

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Hey, Frank.  Everyone survived, more or less!  The scenery was beautiful, especially if one had both the payware and freeware installed.  I doubt the default was as impressive, but whatever.  Everyone managed SABA, except Josh, who had control problems.  St. Bart's was challenging, but everyone made it, even "moi" who hit the rise coming over the threshold, but landed safely.  On the way to St. Maarten, however, my Pilatus Porter started smoking, so I must have damaged something on the way.  I think I may have overstressed the engine, but it survived the trip.  Didn't know FSD modeled damage in their aircraft.  :Whew: :shok:

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

Post match discussions about the flooding of Carenado's Grand Caravan culminated in a fix! SEE HERE for remedy. Don't fly online without it. :smile:

Good flight, with even a couple of formationy bits included. :good:

The only thing missing was Dutch1. We waited and waited... :unknw:

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Darn, sorry guys, got involved with BBQ'ing some baby back ribs...and I think there was some wine involved   :wink:  :wink:  :wink:  :smile:

Bummer ....I missed the fun.  This is my stomping ground as I was born in this neck of the woods and few charters and cargo with my cousin before moving to the US.  Fun birds  to fly are the Aerosoft Twin Otter, Flight1 BN-2 Islander (especially for SABA).  Apart from that there are a wide array of FSX/P3D aircraft that can be used. 

There is also another freeware Caribbean scenery developer out there - check his work out, as it meshes very well with the payware Taxi2Gate TKPK - St. Kitts

Blue Sky Tropical Sceneries:
http://blueskytropicalsceneries.weebly.com/

I did a short (well not so short) video of his sceneries - feel free to check them out:

[tube]

[/tube]

Cheers

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

There is also another freeware Caribbean scenery developer out there - check his work out, as it meshes very well with the payware Taxi2Gate TKPK - St. Kitts

Blue Sky Tropical Sceneries:

http://blueskytropicalsceneries.weebly.com/

Simeon, thanks for bringing this to our attention, I'm always on the lookout for quality freeware scenery.  I'll check it out. 

We're off down the Grenadines next week if you're interested, Saturday 19th March at 1900 UTC.

Thanks will check my schedule to see if I'll be home

Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip

Here is a link to a video on CNN today of a recent near miss so to speak at St Barts.

http://www.cnn.com/videos/world/2016/04/13/plane-nearly-clips-tourist-vause-intv.cnn

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

This guy is an A.S.S. - what if it was the prop and not the wheel that made contact with him.  This is a very sore topic for me as I had a near miss or two flying cargo into this airport many times - the approach path to this runway is a place that you do not stand.  The island officials as well have done a fairly poor job of posting the appropriate  warning signs and or restricting cars and or spectators from the direct path of approaching aircraft.  Several years ago another idiot stood up at the end of the runway on the beach and got hit in the head (killing him).  The island has since then made the proper accommodations to ensure that tourists do not get in the way of landing and departing aircraft on RW28. 

Banner_MJC8.png