Sign in to follow this  
Poppet

Ultimate Traffic 2 Prepar3D v3 & v4

Hello Elaine!

I have reinstalled everything. Fresh install with Win10 Professional, fresh download of P3D v3, Installed it in its own partition. Installed my other addons first (so i had an existing exe.xml no worries), and I have gone though your guide step by step to install UT2.

And it worked!! :) 

I guess my main issue was P3D in the main folder

Thank you for all your support in this!

• Upvote 1

Hi

I have installed UTII on a new install of P3D 3.35 on a new Windows 10 PC. All seems to be OK except that UTII will not auto-run when P3D is started. There are no error messages and the exe.xml command is correct. If I run the ut2services.exe file after P3D loads then it works OK.

The file is set to run as administrator and my setup works fine on my old machine, the only difference being it is P3D v3.2 on Windows 7 (which I suppose is quite a big difference.)  Has anyone got any ideas

Thanks

Asus Maximus Hero XI , i7-8086, 16 Gb RAM, nVidia GTX 1080 ti

Can you copy and paste the contents of your exe.xml? It's probably just a small error.

except that UTII will not auto-run when P3D is started

In which location have you set up your exe.xml for UT2 to Launch?  in.....

AppData ► Roaming ► Lockheed Martin ► Prepar3D ?

ProgramData ► Lockheed Martin ► Prepar3D ? 

Make sure you have only One Entry of UT2 in One location to launch.

=========

Can you Copy and Paste your exe.xml file here and let me see it ? 

XML file runs from AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D and checked that it is not in the other xml file, although I have tried it in that file instead of this one.

xml.exe

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>

<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">

<Descr>Launch</Descr>

<Filename>dll.xml</Filename>

<Disabled>False</Disabled>

<Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>

<Launch.Addon>

<Disabled>False<Disabled>

<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>

<Name>UT2</Name>

<Path>F:\FSX\\Flight One Software\Ultimate Traffic 2\UT2Services.exe</Path>

<NewConsole>True</NewConsole>

</Launch.Addon>

</SimBase.Document>

As you will notice I have both FSX and P3d installed and on my earlier PCs I installed UT2 into FSX and ran the FSX version from P3D putting the paths to the UT2 Aircraft in the SimOblects.cfg file and it works OK and will do so on my new PC if I run the UT2Services file manually after P3D is launched. I also noted that there is a double \ in the Path line (which works OK in the FSX xml file) so I changed the P3D xml file to a single \ but that doesn't work either.

Any ideas will be appreciated.

Thanks

There is only thing that makes UT2 Launch when you start Prepar3D and that's your exe.xml file.

Either your path= is wrong or you are missing something from the Flight One Folder in FSX

I would double check your path again insuring the folder structure is exactly that same as it was before  "No different or added folders" 

If that doesn't work, I would then i would Reinstall UT2 again,  you can just Re-Run the Installer, No need to activate it.  The Installer is saved in your C Drive 

28137542301_ca8d5915d8_o.png

After that make sure you have all these files and folders in your Flight One Folder,   Running as administrator as well. 

25671531961_fa550ecff9_o.png

Thanks for your reply. The path is OK in the FSX xml file which I merely copied into the P3D xml file. It works in FSX but not P3D but I will check everything carefully. I am wondering if it could be a permission problem.

Thanks

I am wondering if it could be a permission problem.

That would make sense alright.   So you are defiantly running UT2 as administrator just like the image shows Yes ?  

Are you running Prepar3D as administrator ?  Very Important

Where have you got Prepar3D Installed ?  Do you have full owner Rights and Permissions to this location ? 

This probably will not fix your problem but you need to eliminate this first 

Are you logged in as a Guest or as administrator?

Full Rights and Permissions..............

Go to your Lockheed Martin Main folder "Core folder"  Right Click on it,  Click into Properties, Click into security,  Click into Advanced   You will see at the top  Who is the owner ?  It might say system It should say You administrator

Click Change,  Click advanced,  Click Find now   Navigate through the list and double click your  "name\administrator"   Click Ok,  Tick the box  Replace owner and subcontainers and objects. Click apply

Its a process of elimination :smile:  

Try that and come back to me 

Yes it is Administrator, at least it should be!, in all cases and both FSX and P3D are on their own drives (F:\FSX and G:\Prepar3d v3). I am logged on as myself with full admin rights but that is something I will have to check thoroughly. Never had this trouble with Windows 7 but Windows 10 may do things a bit different. Watch this space?

Cheers

Yes its a strange one alright. 

What would I Do?   Keeping in mind I'm pretty new to this myself. 

Ok, So currently UT2 works perfect in FSX!  You have the Path= 100% correct in AppData\Roaming!  You are 100% sure your exe.xml  Header Code is correct and Not Corrupt\Damaged!  You have full Rights\Permissions to everything!  You are Running Prepar3D And UT2 as administrator!    

On that basis.......

(1)  Do you have any other Add On's you could try from your exe.xml file like EZdok or Active Sky Next?   Do these work Ok?  If these work Ok and UT2 still wont work that will bring the issue back to UT2  (Works in FSX?)    

(2)  Delete your exe.xml file in AppData\Roaming and Run "Launch"  UT2 from your exe.xml file from ProgramData  Well any different ??

Make sure you Copy and Paste your UT2 code in correctly,  Insuring you have only 1  <Launch.Addon> at the top 

This is Your one  (FSX Path=) 

<Launch.Addon>
<Name>UT2</Name>
<Path>F:\FSX\Flight One Software\Ultimate Traffic 2\UT2Services.exe</Path>
</Launch.Addon>

</SimBase.Document>

I have been checking again all the Rights/Permissions and they are all OK - I am the Owner of all the folders and have full control over all the files as do Administrators and the System and my account is an Administrator account.
1. Yes Ezdok is also in the xml file and works OK
2. Does not work regardless of which xml file is used.
3.Tried replacing the P3D xml file with the FSX xml file which works in FSX but that didn't work either.

P3D xml file

<Descr>Launch</Descr>
<Filename>dll.xml</Filename>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>EZdok camera addon</Name>
<Path>C:Program Files (x86)\EZCA\EZCA.exe</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>UT2</Name>
</Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

FSX xml file

<Descr>Launch</Descr>
<Filename>exe.xml</Filename>
<Launch.Addon>
</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>UT2</Name>
</Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

have tried amending the path in the P3D file to

<Path>F:\FSX\Flight One Software\Ultimate Traffic 2\UT2Services.exe</Path>

But that didn't work either. May try to install UT2 properly into P3D instead of linking it to the FSX version.

Thanks for your efforts.

That's a strange one alright, I would love to know the root problem of that. Please let me know if you ever get to the bottom of it  

Yes Reinstall it into Prepar3D, Make sure you Copy and Paste the Prepar3D.exe and Rename it to FSX.exe So the Installer will see it.   

==============

Just on a side Note:   Does UT2 still work ok in FSX?   You have 2 extra <Launch.Addon>   were there should only be 1,  In saying that though, If it works it works 

Yes it is still working in FSX despite the 2 extra <Launch> entries in the xml file. Don't know how they got there as this is a new machine and I only installed FSX to get UT2 installed. I will install everything else later, concentrating on P3D first. Who knows I may even revert to Windows 7 as may older machine.

Now for the good bit - I have got UT2 to start automatically with P3D. I haven't done a full install into P3D just a bit of tweaking
1. Copied the Ultimate Traffic 2 folder from \FSX\Flight One Software to \Prepar3d v3\Flight One Software\
2. Changed the exe.xml file to run the  UT2Services.exe file from this new location.
I have not changed anything in the UT2 config file or anything else and it works OK. May not be quite as elegant as my old machine but it still uses one database and one set of AI aircraft for both sims and more importantly I'M HAPPY.

One thing I don't understand is in the exe.xml file the line after the <Path line is

on my new installation but it is not there on my previous computer install. I thought that might be the problem but deleting it had no effect.

Also to make absolutley sure the <Path line was correct I cut/paste the folder names from File Manager (Yes I was that desperate!) and after it worked I went back and changed the run location to what it was previously to see if that was the problem but it wasn't.

Thanks for your help

I am having problem with UT2 not deleting aircrafts from the sim - when their departure time is expired (they just sit there forever), and ground aircraft removal when climbing above the altitude set in UT2 settings (I have it at 10000ft) for having planes on ground. For the second, as a workaround I reset traffic after crossing the altitude then only airborne AI appear as should, works normally when descending to destination. Any way I can fix this? I have added several addon schedules and ai models, could that be an issue?

I'M HAPPY.

Good stuff. 

I am having problem with UT2 not deleting aircrafts from the sim - when their departure time is expired (they just sit there forever), and ground aircraft removal when climbing above the altitude set in UT2 settings (I have it at 10000ft) for having planes on ground. For the second, as a workaround I reset traffic after crossing the altitude then only airborne AI appear as should, works normally when descending to destination. Any way I can fix this? I have added several addon schedules and ai models, could that be an issue?

I don't know to be honest,  My knowledge of the actual workings of UT2 is pretty limited.   Maybe someone else could chime in here.