Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

The future of the NGX

That is what I meant, better fuel performance. Which I assume would require a lot more work to implement than just the adding the new winglets to the aircraft model.

Like I said, you're not going to notice it on a flight-by-flight basis. You'd have to fly your NGX 2-3 times per day almost every day of the year and tally your fuel used vs non-scimitar to see any difference.

• Upvote 1

Also you can't really compare the amount of people and resources of Boeing vs. PMDG.

Spot-on.

Also, Boeing are not trying to accurately simulate an existing airplane, they pretty much do what they want, and then document the things characteristics once it is finished and tested.

Also, Boeing are not trying to accurately simulate an existing airplane, they pretty much do what they want, and then document the things characteristics once it is finished and tested.

Maybe, but instead they have to ensure performance exceeds the promises made to customers. The problem with simulation is not accuracy, but the way fixing one thing tends to break something else. Testing a complex piece of software is a lengthy business.

ki9cAAb.jpg

In my opinion, with the SP1C the NGX is working very well with no issues at all. Therefore, maybe a (paid for) upgrade (rather than update) would be appropriate?

I disagree, off the top of my head, the fmc freezing if you try to enter winds before selecting an approach is a big issue to fix. Also the engines do not go to idle power in flight and that makes it difficult to slow the airplane down especially the larger -800 and -900 - David Lee

Regarding the engines not going to idle in flight, is that really a bug or is it dependant on the altitude and also how the real aircraft behaves?

Richard Åsberg

Regarding the engines not going to idle in flight, is that really a bug or is it dependant on the altitude and also how the real aircraft behaves?

FSX only has one idle, and we had to side-step that to get it to realistically model more than the one. Most jets (and props) today have some sort of ground idle and flight idle, along with a thrust bump of some sort on gear down (approach idle). I think David is getting confused as to which 'idle' he thinks should be provided in a certain case.

The 800 is a slippery plane (how many years have we been reminding people of that now?) and it requires a little more forethought to get it down without having to hang speedbrakes out. All the same, it's not entirely uncommon to see them come out from time to time on today's more modern STARs (constant descents instead of a stepped layout). The 900 is similar, but not as tough to manage, at least from that perspective. I believe Matt might be able to comment more directly, as I'm pretty sure he flies both.

Kyle Rodgers

Also the engines do not go to idle power in flight and that makes it difficult to slow the airplane down especially the larger -800 and -900
When the PFD shows ARM, press F1 below FL300. The thrust levers come back to the stop position.

FSX only has one idle, and we had to side-step that to get it to realistically model more than the one. Most jets (and props) today have some sort of ground idle and flight idle, along with a thrust bump of some sort on gear down (approach idle). I think David is getting confused as to which 'idle' he thinks should be provided in a certain case.

The 800 is a slippery plane (how many years have we been reminding people of that now?) and it requires a little more forethought to get it down without having to hang speedbrakes out. All the same, it's not entirely uncommon to see them come out from time to time on today's more modern STARs (constant descents instead of a stepped layout). The 900 is similar, but not as tough to manage, at least from that perspective. I believe Matt might be able to comment more directly, as I'm pretty sure he flies both.

I thought this was a bug in the ngx and 777 but fixed in a recent 777 patch.  - David Lee

I thought this was a bug in the ngx and 777 but fixed in a recent 777 patch.

Not sure what you're referring to here, honestly.

Kyle Rodgers

You would have to be living under a rock not to find out when a new aircraft is released. 

No, when you are owner/president of a multi-million dollar company, plus married with 2 kids, plus a 3 handicap in golf, + so much more going on, I need to maximize every second of the day.  I'll have one of my interns track the 747.

• Upvote 2

Paul Gugliotta

No, when you are owner/president of a multi-million dollar company, plus married with 2 kids, plus a 3 handicap in golf, + so much more going on, I need to maximize every second of the day.  I'll have one of my interns track the 747.

Time for flight sim but don't have a spare 30 seconds to look up a website. If you're that busy, I don't think the 747 is the addon for you.

• Upvote 3

Time for flight sim but don't have a spare 30 seconds to look up a website. If you're that busy, I don't think the 747 is the addon for you.

Lol  Paul wasn't being  serious  when he  posted  his  comment,

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I think you can read between the lines here:

Paul feels like he wouldn't be losing his time innecessarily by checking a website if the developers would send him an email once the aircraft came out. And I agree with him.

In the case of the 757 by LDS, I've really given up. If it happens to come out one day, well that would great, I'll probably buy it. But I'm already mentally prepared for it never being released.

Jaime Beneyto

My real life aviation and flight simulation videos [English and Spanish]

System: i9 9900k OC 5.0 GHz | RTX 2080 Super | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Asus Z390-F