Sign in to follow this  
Rimshot

The A2A Texan is out!

The A2A are at a different price point from Realair anyway

I'm also with the few guys - I just don't care for all the tiny details - after all we're sitting in front of a monitor. Doesn't mean I like buggy C products - but means I like to fly by the numbers and tootle around. Also if you guys think you're getting it all with A2A try adding online flying, like Pilot Edge, then you'll have all the realism.

I have many A2A products and RA products - different prices , slightly different audiences.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Isn't that the point tho?   Different strokes for different folks.  We shouldn't expect Carenado to be like RealAir or RealAir be like A2A....they are all who they are, they all offer different styles of simulation experience for us to enjoy.  

The thing with this thread tho, is that A2A is our GA/Warbird 'PMDG' in the sense that A2A's mission is to constantly push the boundries of flight simulation sophistication and realism.  That is what they do, and that is what they will continue do because they have a large following who has come to expect that from them.  

Asking A2A to not be as realistic or to stop pushing the boundries is like asking PMDG to stop making highly detailed airliners, or asking another developer to stop doing what they do well.  Just remember if no one pushed the boundries in flightsim development, we would be still flying little more than default airplanes with default scenery.

If you prefer another developer's style to A2A's style, thats awesome, continue to encourage and support your favorite developers.  I like a lot of other developers too and support them as well.  I am just happy that there is that so much choice available between simple fun all the way to hardcore checkride training available to all of us.  

If A2A was the ONLY developer making addon airplanes for FS, and they only made highly detailed addons as they do now.....and there were no OTHER options, then this idea of them making things too realistic might be valid.  However there are many other choices.

Likewise, imagine if Carenado was the only addon developer for FS....can you imagine the FS hobby lasting very long?  This hobby will not survive if there is only one extreme or the other.  The fact that addons are still being made and sold for a 10 year old flight sim engine is due to the availablity of such a wide range in choices (including the extremes) of different strokes for different folks.

We should be so lucky, other hobbies like this basically only have one or two content developers, or their development engine is so limited that there is little variety, so their fans are basically stuck with what they get.

My advice is be grateful for the choices we do have in this hobby.

Maybe it's kind of like the whole Star Trek franchise....You can't expect TOS to be like TNG to be like DS9 to be like VOY, the movies...etc...they are all supposed to be different...appealing to different groups of fans.  As such, you will have a boatload of differring opinions on which one is the best...but the franchise would be pretty boring if they were all the same.   Having choices in a sci fi franchise or a flight sim hobby is pretty dang nice.

Cheers

TJ

• Upvote 3

This looks like a really interesting aircraft (I own the Comanche btw and love it) but I just wonder if this is sort of a gimmicky type of aircraft.  You take it up for a few hours at the beginning but are you really going to fly it in 3 or 6 months?  will you actually take it from one airport to another?  I am just not sure what I would do with it.  At least with the Comanche I am taking some 1 or 2 hour VFR or IFR trips that people would do in the real world.  Am I missing something here?

In real life, this airplane is an advanced trainer.

It is used in teaching student pilots to fly a complex aircraft.

That is it!

If you want to learn to control a complex aircraft, this one could be just the ticket!

Just like the Cherokee is good for learning to fly a basic aircraft, and the Comanche is good for cross country hauls.  Different needs, different airplanes  :smile:

• Upvote 1

Bert

I don't hear anyone complaining. The aircraft was purchased because A2A makes a great flight model. the fact that some of us don't want the "nitty gritty procedure detail" any longer doesn't mean we don't like the product. I think you're reading WAY too much into the comments.

Vic

Just what I was thinking. I already stated, that I only buy A2A and RealAir for FSX general aviation airplanes. It's for the flight model. It's not a case of being lazy, or not interested in complex aircraft. I have the real life endorsements for complex aircraft as it is. I have a FAA repairman's certificate for experimentals.  From some of the comments, you'd think I was a "gamer" with no interest above looking at pretty scenery. 

I have the a2a 182 and the real air legacy and tduke v2

In terms of flight model, the legacy v2 is stunning. I don't think I could choose between a2a and real air in terms of fde. Both are excellent.

• Upvote 1

C'mon Guys! Regardless of anyone's level of expertise, or their specific requirements or needs from of a product, we are all here for

"flight simulation". We have the right to choose what's important for our needs. Have fun, ask questions, get involved, be a mentor.

The arguing and BS is everywhere you go today, let's not do it here, please. OK, I am off the pedestal now.