Sign in to follow this  
Rimshot

The A2A Texan is out!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Can't wait to fly it! I hope it will be soon. :)

I don't like flying warbirds. But it's A2A..... I like flying warbirds now!

Can't wait to fly it! I hope it will be soon. :)

It's available now in the A2A store!!

I don't like flying warbirds. But it's A2A..... I like flying warbirds now!

It's available now in the A2A store!!

I know. I've just exspressed my thoughts in a wrong way, I was thinking about my empty credit card, it's end of the month.  :wink:

I know. I've just exspressed my thoughts in a wrong way, I was thinking about my empty credit card, it's end of the month.

Gotcha. I always keep a small "sim reserve" hidden away for surprises like this one. It's a great plane, don't hesitate!

I'm not into warbirds at all, and no A2A plane has really interested me yet, but I couldn't help but grin when seeing it in the video. I really wish I had an extra $50 for this plane! 

By the way, here is a video of it:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/JWJ6fPJhuZQ

Hmm just started in the club with the Comanche and you dont want to miss A2A in my own opinion.

Gotta take alook at that Texan then  :wink:

Michael Moe

I have the Cherokee and the Comanche (only recently purchased). They are both really nice planes. Scott does a fantastic job with the promotional videos of these planes. A2A Simulations must sell a bucket load of these off the back of his interesting and informative previews alone.

The thing is, A2A are so far ahead of any other developer, in a league of its own, it's mind boggling! Without exaggeration! I own also RealAir Lancair Legacy v2 and Turbine Duke v2 and they are good, but they just feels plastic and unconvincing. Can't describe exactly, but they feel too digital and simple. I know that Legacy and Turbine Duke are not complex and old school like C172/182 and Piper Comanche, but I'm not talking about that. Even Carenado planes doesn't feel plastic, but their planes suffer from other issues. A2A planes are the most complex, detailed, immersive and most realistic to fly, what do you need more? Their planes just feels like a breathing digital machine, every part either visual or mechanical just breathe, you can feel it.

I have no doubts that Texan will rock our socks, and I'm sure it is in the league of its own.

• Upvote 2

I did a few circuits and some cruising this morning. It is extremely well done as you would expect from A2A. I love that they went ahead and included GPS and AP options right off the bat so that you can have your vintage WWII trainer cake and eat your GA niceties, too :P

I'm a true warbird fan, especially WWII aircraft. My father bought a surplus BT-13 trainer, when I was a young kid. The BT-13 is a bit smaller than the T-6, and has fixed gear.  I'm sure I'll pick this one up.

What I found interesting is, with 600 hp this plane cruise speed is slower than Comanche's that have 260hp. Comanche weights 800kgs, and Texan 1800kgs. Yes, it is over two times heavier than Piper, but I simply can't believe that it needed 600hp engine for 120kts cruise?!

I don't have it but I bet it can go a lot faster

I don't have it but I bet it can go a lot faster

Well, according to Wikipedia and some other sources, typical cruising speed is 145mph = 126kts.

What I found interesting is, with 600 hp this plane cruise speed is slower than Comanche's that have 260hp. Comanche weights 800kgs, and Texan 1800kgs. Yes, it is over two times heavier than Piper, but I simply can't believe that it needed 600hp engine for 120kts cruise?!

Aerodynamics/drag... she's about as sleek as a barn lol 

• Upvote 2

Well, according to Wikipedia and some other sources, typical cruising speed is 145mph = 126kts.

But it can go a lot faster hehe.

it has a supercharger, so take it up to 12k, set high cruise settings, and let it cruise...and hopefully it will get O2 later so you can take it up even higher.  Remember indicating 145 mph at 12k is roughtly 160kts true airspeed.

All in all a fantastic airplane that makes you work, and gives you feedback as to your skills or lack of.  The T-6 will reward you and humble you lol.  Master the T-6 and anything else you fly will become easier or you will be more skilled at.  A simple AP to give your arm a break during cruise.  A CDI with RXP/GTN capability to fly all IAPs...by hand of course, and with such a nice stable flying airplane, I wouldn't expect any different lol.  then you get to land and try not to groundloop lol.

Cheers

TJ

Let's see some amazing shots

I haven't seen any on the forums here yet!

I've seen a few at a2a

Aerodynamics/drag... she's about as sleek as a barn lol 

Haha true that!

it has a supercharger, so take it up to 12k, set high cruise settings, and let it cruise...and hopefully it will get O2 later so you can take it up even higher.  Remember indicating 145 mph at 12k is roughtly 160kts true airspeed.

All in all a fantastic airplane that makes you fly, and gives you feedback as to your skills or lack of.  Master the T-6 and anything else you fly will become easier or you will be more skilled at.  A simple AP to give your arm a break during cruise.  A CDI with RXP/GTN capability to fly all IAPs...by hand of course, and with such a nice stable flying airplane, I wouldn't expect any different lol.  then you get to land and try not to groundloop lol.

Cheers

TJ

Oh yes, totally forgot about indicated airspeed. Anyway is this hard to land as other A2A GA planes due to strong ground effect?

Curious, does anyone else get any sort of engine smoke at startup or other times?  Mine is surprisingly smoke free, just wondering if that's how they made it or if I'm missing an effect.  I get wheel smoke when touching down.

There other planes have nice smoke effects when starting, running too rich, worn cylinders etc, but so far not a puff from that big radial.  Just seems a bit odd.

Otherwise, awesome plane, they can nail the shakes and feel of an aircraft.  Also impressed with the sounds, there was a T-6 based at the pervious airport where I kept my plane, and you could always tell when the T-6 was around, they got it perfect.

I appreciate the "heads-up" on the A2A T6.  That's what I love about Avsim.

Well, I just bought it and am heading over to my flightsim computer to install it in a few minutes.  I'm really looking forward to trying it out.

I have to agree.  A2A is one of the most amazing developers.  They really have the passion for reality in simulation.  I love their products and buy everything with Accusim.  It's a great feature.

Such a nice Aircraft. I'll be honest I had no interest in GA or small aircraft in flight sim until I tried A2A :D. I've been flying this bird around thisevening and she is amazing.

Is the Texan the only v3 compatible AC?

Bob

Is the Texan the only v3 compatible AC?

Bob

I have their Comanche, 182, Stratocruiser (my favorite of all), B17, Piper Cub and the Texan all working great in v3.... all installed without issue and updated properly.