Sign in to follow this  
Goldstar Textures

Adding a civilian livery to the PMDG P-8

Speaks for itself mainly -

Had a bit of fun creating 'Snow Force One'. Should I release it to the public?
Fixing a few small things (like putting reg specs back on) and removing the IDG Panel door texture on the left side of each engine and a few small other adjustments..

Opinions guys?

Cheers!

12957621_612407678908133_28936737265919212973350_612407695574798_26677953032935212971040_612407692241465_891222499660736

• Upvote 2

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Fixing a few small things (like putting reg specs back on) and removing the IDG Panel door texture on the left side of each engine and a few small other adjustments..

Yes, what a superb idea & paint... will this paint work ok on my NGX-P8 in P3Dv3.2?

Yes, what a superb idea & paint... will this paint work ok on my NGX-P8 in P3Dv3.2?

Yeah Mate - these are taken in 3.2 with the P8 :)

Awaiting the guys at avsim to do their thing to let me release it!

Quick question, what sort of flights am I supposed to fly with this particular aircraft? I'm confused... :P

Thoroughly enjoy your repaints, by the way. Great work!

Quick question, what sort of flights am I supposed to fly with this particular aircraft? I'm confused... :P

Thoroughly enjoy your repaints, by the way. Great work!

I have no idea hahah

Looks very cool!

Thanks!

Quick question, what sort of flights am I supposed to fly with this particular aircraft? I'm confused...

You  don't  its just  for  display purpose  only :wink:

any way you can post the kit with those features? id love to put my cargo scheme on that.

• Upvote 1

Any chance for a FedEx / UPS / Some sort of cargo on that poseidon?

Looks like it was made for it :)

+1

One more thing :)

Logo is different on each side and aft section has darker shade.

OJSIxuz.jpg

sJI82YZ.jpg

The aft colouring issue is fixed by simply placing the reg 737 spec file into the texture folder.

Secondly, the logo on the left is blocked by part of the airframe, and the right side is caused from different cargo door mapping. It is strange though, because in my shots and in different phases of flight it seems, the logo is fine.

See here - 12970880_612836798865221_262506592924077

If you find me an alright looking cargo carrier on the 400 (since there aren't really 800s) then I might do it :)

I have done a very high quality combi ASA paint for the 800 (a lot of details that match the 400 as best as I could).

I can't really do FDX/UPS since I don't really do fictitious ones in that sense, this was just my other paint's template converted to a P8 :)

excellent idea, never thought of converting the P8 for VA use. Love the new look. You should definitely release her. Good work on the livery.!

The aft colouring issue is fixed by simply placing the reg 737 spec file into the texture folder.

Secondly, the logo on the left is blocked by part of the airframe, and the right side is caused from different cargo door mapping. It is strange though, because in my shots and in different phases of flight it seems, the logo is fine.

See here - 12970880_612836798865221_262506592924077

If you find me an alright looking cargo carrier on the 400 (since there aren't really 800s) then I might do it :)

I have done a very high quality combi ASA paint for the 800 (a lot of details that match the 400 as best as I could).

I can't really do FDX/UPS since I don't really do fictitious ones in that sense, this was just my other paint's template converted to a P8 :)

there are people that have or do fictitous ones would you mind providing the template?

I would, but I actually have done a tonne of base work on my personal fuselage template, and would prefer not to give it away.

For the P8 all you need to do it use the new textures on the fuselage files (located above the fuselage itself on the texture file) and make sure it is in your psd file.

This is mine -

Hopefully the painters out there get what I meant with the comments above..

13047988_616416541840580_693207703322926

• Upvote 1