Sign in to follow this  
Jessica Bannister-Pearce

New preview shots

Froogle finally posts a video. He's not a fan...

This guy doesn't understand anything about the true thrill of flying....

Froogle ?  What a name ?.... :smile:

Well, I keep looking forward to get my hands on DTG Flight School tomorrow.... :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Froogle finally posts a video. He's not a fan...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_OhpZbFyVI

Just for clarity on something Froogle said on the video, for those that don't know, DTG has already stated that there are no DLC planned for Flight School at this time, it's stand alone only. DFS (Flight Simulator), though will be a DLC based sim.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

He doesn't have to be a fan, and he clearly says so in the video. he said more and more times that the game is aimed at people approaching flying for the first time. The standards we have are not the ones they have in regard of what a product with planes in it has to offer to us :P

• Upvote 1

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

Remember he is using the beta that was out over a week or so ago so is still a work in progress. Nobody here can know for sure that they haven't made changes.

I'm not saying that the will change anything between beta release and final but I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt. So far DTG have been open and listened to a lot of people and have made fixes and changes in a timely manner.

All these videos are worthless, only videos from tomorrow onwards can be judged properly. Until then they are all pre release previews of an unfinished product.

BTW I'm a big Froogle fan and respect his professional quality of videos so I'm not saying his work has no value!

Annoyed I have to wait until 6pm though!! I was expecting a UK based company to be releasing in the morning!

Chris

Annoyed I have to wait until 6pm though!! I was expecting a UK based company to be releasing in the morning!

Chris

Steam normally changes their daily specials at 1000 PST or 1300 EST. This is equivalent to 1800 BST. (BST is equivalent to UTC, GMT, or Zulu time (if any of you are pilots))

So it makes sense that they release new products at the same time. Otherwise it would become a giant hassle to release games at different times of the day.

Isn't everyone forgetting that Flight School is not aimed at the expert armchair pilot , it's for newcomers . It wont stop people from buying it for whatever reason .

That Froogle doesn't provide a glowing review will have no bearing on future sales and the whole point of a review is in being honest about " your " findings and no-one else's , negative or positive .

As for Squirrel , I have seen most of his videos and he can be annoying at times and this is certainly what is happening with his Flight School reviews . Instead of paying attention to what is being said by the instructor , he decides that the instructor is giving false information and simply does his own thing , again using his " experience " from other flight sims . Anyone who has flown the lessons in FS9 and FSX will know that not following the instructions given by Rod , you just will not pass the checkride . Even his questioning the timer to gain access to the checkride it is clear ( to me - and I don't even have the program ) that it has to do with Solo flight time and not the time taken during " lessons " . Having watched his Euro and American Truck Simulator or Train sim sessions on You Tube you can't help noticing that whenever it goes " pear shaped " , it's always the sims fault ( speeding fines or missing red signals ) instead of paying attention ( normally swanning around in spot view ) . Maybe something similar to the " stories " about Chris Evans on Slop Gear as it has been said that he cannot drive and speak at the same time .

John

Steam normally changes their daily specials at 1000 PST or 1300 EST. This is equivalent to 1800 BST. (BST is equivalent to UTC, GMT, or Zulu time (if any of you are pilots))

So it makes sense that they release new products at the same time. Otherwise it would become a giant hassle to release games at different times of the day.

In summer UTC is not equal to BST. 18:00 BST is 17:00 UTC during summer. Its the same only in Winter.
  • Upvote 1

That moment when you remember it's May and not March. I forgot it's not winter anymore.

Isn't everyone forgetting that Flight School is not aimed at the expert armchair pilot , it's for newcomers . It wont stop people from buying it for whatever reason .

I guess we're all just excited because we want to assess what they have done with the FSX engine, what their capabilities as a development team are and have a more educated guess about what to expect from their full sim title. And hopefully have a bit of fun in the process...

Many of you will be happy to know that's the last you'll hear from me on the subject LOL!

Yes, thank you!

• Upvote 4

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

Why is the response to any criticism always "but it's not aimed at you!!! ahhh!!!"

That's really not a mystery to anyone, nor does it mean the game is disqualified from valid criticism. 

Froogle's review is fair in that respect. He goes over the myriad of flaws but does remind people of it's target audience. 

• Upvote 1

Why is the response to any criticism always "but it's not aimed at you!!! ahhh!!!"

I don't think that's the response to any criticism, but only to those who criticize Flight School for not being a full, serious sim, because that is not its genre. It's like criticizing a MMO for having no single-player campaign.

Apart from that, Flight School should (and for sure will) be criticized on its own terms. Especially with regard to the full sim ahead (which will be aimed at us), constructive criticism is the only way to let DTG know what we want and where they need to improve.  

Which is a good point. 

While Flight School may not be "for us," the Flight Simulator (which will be an evolution of this very same technology) is. So I think it's perfectly reasonable for people to start commenting on what's wrong and what needs to change.