Sign in to follow this  
Jessica Bannister-Pearce

New preview shots

Thanks for the tip.

I liked his description.

"It's like FSX:SE but on steroids and with a new interface, a 1000 x performance boost and no OOMs"

Nice pictures and scenery.

• Upvote 2

How the hell would you get an OOM's in a sim that has no addons and never will have addons? Don't drink the kool aid just yet. :smile:

And the performance of FSX without any addons is like 100fps on highish setting.

"X 1000  performance boost and no OOM." Nice. Can't wait to try it. 

• Upvote 1

Giving for granted that "a 1000 x performance boost and no OOMs" is probably an emotional overstatement and an intentional amplification (also FSX, FSX-SE and P3D have no OOMs and show a very good performance even maxed out as long as used vanilla) and taking into account that the real test will be on the real simulator, even so it is still a promising review.
That it is FSX-SE on steroids is no surprise. Whatever will be based on ESP will always be an FSX on steroids. Period.

I am confident, probably because I never had unrealistic expectations. The most valuable asset, in my view, is DTG itself. While they clearly have still much to learn, they are also improving shot after shot as they listen to the community. Something we never had with Microsoft.

Yikes might want to give the PrecipitFX folks a call

• Upvote 3

Rich Sennett

I'm with you Rich, the rain effects look bad, Aircraft model looks pretty good though.

• Upvote 1

Barry Friedman

Yikes might want to give the PrecipitFX folks a call

They might want to give the soft clouds folks a call too! :lol:

Somehow I tend to trust what the folks at Mutley's Hangar write about.

So if Joe Lawford says: "It is looking very promising indeed."

I believe him.

• Upvote 2

Just WOW! I Guess Dovetail has a really bad marketing team, because those screens are far superior than dovetail´s.

This is a 15 dollars product, I am really excited waiting for the full improved sim coming the end of the year. I guess I will be pleased.

I like how the autogen draw seems to render trees and textures as far as can be seen, looks interesting but i will wait for the fully fat sim later on.

tpewpb-6.png

rain effects are  can be better - i will skip this one as can not add or use photorealistic scenery.

There are certainly a few things I'd like to see done better in the main sim, but for the price this looks pretty good. Worth getting just to show some support for DTG's efforts.

• Upvote 1

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

There are certainly a few things I'd like to see done better in the main sim, but for the price this looks pretty good. Worth getting just to show some support for DTG's efforts.

+1

Great to see all the effort DTG is undertaking to offer an at least noticeably improved simming platform.

However i too wished, as pointed out above by others as well, that elementary things such as clouds, rain and so on, would also rceive some overhaul.

But then again: It's alll still WIP and who knows how things will evolve and look like in the end.

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

And next to my birdthday too !!!!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...