Sign in to follow this  
jrs182p

HD Mesh V3

Hello All!,

I recently got into x-plane (so i could fly the ixeg 737 :P) and I've downloaded HD mesh v3 and UHD mesh v1 to spruce up the scenery a bit and I've installed it. I was curious if you can just replace the default global scenery files with it? rather than having both taking up loads of HDD space.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Joe

Yes you can. I do it to save space. Just be aware that the X-Plane updater will overwrite them if they are patched in a new update

Hardware: i7-6700HQ, 32GB DDR4,NVIDIA GTX 1070, 1TB 7200 HDD, 1TB SSD, Oculus Rift.

My sims in order of use: X-Plane 11, P3D v4.4, Aerofly FS 2, DCS World).

Yes you can. I do it to save space. Just be aware that the X-Plane updater will overwrite them if they are patched in a new update

Thanks Tony, thats exactly the reason i'd like to overwrite the standard stuff. Cheers.

Nice to have others around here answering these questions (I was by far not fast enough to jump in myself :) ).

But yes, Tonys answer is absolutely correct : "you can, but have to be aware of some possible pitfalls".

Andras Fabian / Alpilotx

Visit www.alpilotx.net, a site about X-plane scenery

You can see some landscape and other photographs from me here:

http://www.flickr.co...s/weathermaker/

Isn't that much simpler to uninstall the default scenery and leave UHD and HD meshes in the Custom Scenery folder where it belongs ? It won't be overwritten by the updater this way.

Pascal

Isn't that much simpler to uninstall the default scenery and leave UHD and HD meshes in the Custom Scenery folder where it belongs ? It won't be overwritten by the updater this way.

Yep of course, that would also work and is better. I originally did this so G2XPL would pick up the HD Mesh tiles and not the default scenery

Hardware: i7-6700HQ, 32GB DDR4,NVIDIA GTX 1070, 1TB 7200 HDD, 1TB SSD, Oculus Rift.

Can someone be kind enough to provide more specifics on how you would go about replacing default scenery with HD mesh?

I'm also interested in saving some SSD space.

thanks in advance.

Carlos Franklin

Sims: XPlane

Asus Sabertooth z77 - i7 3770k @ 4.6 HT WC - 32gb Corsair @ 2133 (XMP) - Asus GTX 1070 - 250 Evo Pro SSD for Win10 Pro - 500 Evo Pro SSD for XP11

Just install HD mesh into your custom scenery folder as normal, and then run the installer to remove the global scenery for the same area 

e.g If you install the US, download HD Mesh and once you have it installed, run the X-Plane installer and deselect the US and it will remove it, and use the HD mesh only in your custom scenery.

• Upvote 2

Thanks Tony.

Carlos Franklin

Sims: XPlane

Asus Sabertooth z77 - i7 3770k @ 4.6 HT WC - 32gb Corsair @ 2133 (XMP) - Asus GTX 1070 - 250 Evo Pro SSD for Win10 Pro - 500 Evo Pro SSD for XP11

so for steam user's we can actually uncheck areas of the world and x-plane will still run?i am taking up about 50 gb of default scenery and have almost the whole world covered with hd and uhd.

Brett Culley  Asus rog strix gaming z370,8700k at 5.2 GHz@ 1.395V, ASUS GTX 1080TI FE, Corsair vengeance 32gb of ddr4 4000 MHz ram,2 m.2 500gb nvme Patriot Hellfire's in raid-0 windows 10 Pro,Samsung 55 inch 4k tv secondary,lg 32 inch 1440p primary.

so for steam user's we can actually uncheck areas of the world and x-plane will still run?

You can run X-Plane regardless... even if you have zero scenery installed. It'll just load up into a very large ocean. :wink:

• Upvote 1

Jim Stewart

Platforms: X-Plane 11 | P3Dv4 | DCS
System: i7-6700K o/c @ 4.4GHz | EVGA GTX 980ti | 32GB RAM | BenQ 32" @ 2560x1440 | Oculus Rift | W10 Pro

Other Sim Interests: Assetto Corsa, rFactor 2, Dirt Rally, Euro Truck Simulator 2, American Truck Simulator

Just install HD mesh into your custom scenery folder as normal, and then run the installer to remove the global scenery for the same area 

e.g If you install the US, download HD Mesh and once you have it installed, run the X-Plane installer and deselect the US and it will remove it, and use the HD mesh only in your custom scenery.

What happens to the Lego brick airports ?

AMD Ryzen 7 1800x, 1080GTX, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 10, XP-11 !

Eric Escobar

Nothing, they stay as they are unless you delete them