Sign in to follow this  
Milviz

WX Advantage Radar

How do I get the wx radar to show in the vc of the Milviz B737-200??

You need to manually edit the aircraft.cfg ... in ...Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\SimObjects\Airplanes\Milviz Boeing 737-200

Example:

[fltsim.0]
title=Milviz B737-200 CanNorth
sim=737-200
model=cargo_WX
panel=s77fms_WX

you change the model and panel entry to point to your desired layout based on the panel. and model. folder names

i.e. 
model=combi_WX
panel=s77_WX

or if you want FMS and WX then
panel=s77fms_WX

Cheers, Rob.

The WX works in ALL aircraft and in ALL (up to date) sims AND in ALL wx engines...

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

You need to manually edit the aircraft.cfg ... in ...Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\SimObjects\Airplanes\Milviz Boeing 737-200

Example:

[fltsim.0]
title=Milviz B737-200 CanNorth
sim=737-200
model=cargo_WX
panel=s77fms_WX

you change the model and panel entry to point to your desired layout based on the panel. and model. folder names

i.e. 
model=combi_WX
panel=s77_WX

or if you want FMS and WX then
panel=s77fms_WX

Cheers, Rob.

Thank you very much Sir,

Cheers

Just figured what had happened: lost access to the support forums where I could have found the info. Have to re-register...PIA

:fool:

Pierre

WX ADVANTAGE RADAR - (UPDATE 3) BUILD 1.0.2016.0718 is out

WARNING:
During the installation process, the installation wizard should automatically locate the original files to be updated.  If you change this path or it is not able to find the correct path, please manually browse to the correct location.

Also, you may click the desktop icon named “WX Advantage Radar – Updater” to automatically download the latest updates.

PRODUCT SUPPORTS
   Microsoft Flight Simulator X (Service Pack 2 and Acceleration)
   Microsoft Flight Simulator X – Steam Edition
   Lockheed Martin’s Prepar3D (v2.5, v3.2.3, v.3.3.5)

REQUIREMENTS
   WX Advantage Radar – Update 2 – (Build:  1.0.2016.0718)

FIX LIST
   Update to Gauge Management Tool to handle aircraft installed outside normal protocol
   Fixed isolated CTD with some DirectX 10 graphic cards.
   Other general performance updates

INSTALLATION PROCESS
   STEP 1 - Click on the link provided. This will automatically download the zip file. Unzip the files into a temp folder on your hard-drive. Then right-click on the wxinstaller.exe file to run as the administrator to install.

STEP 2 - When the installation wizard asks you for the folder to install WX Advantage Radar – Update 3 click the NEXT button and select the folder where you installed WX Advantage Radar (i.e - C:\WX Advantage Radar).

STEP 3 - After the installation process is over, click the "FINISH" to close out the installation.

My friend and I just purchased the Advantage radar yesterday from Just Flight within about 30 minutes of each other. After installing the radar in FSX there are two entries that show up in the FSX Add-on drop down list. The version numbers shown by these entries for me are 1.10 .0 and 1.10.38.  For my friend, the version #s show are 1.11 .0 and 1.11.38. The download file in both cases is  wxrad_sp1_20161121.zip. When I run the WX Adavantage Radar Updater it says no updates are available.

So my questions are which of the above version #s is the correct latest version, and if 1.11.38 is correct, how do I get the latest version? I'm also curious why the Advantage radar shows up twice in the FSX Addon drop down list (as Weather Radar Module, and as Weather Radar). Both entries offer Rescan and Ver# info.

Thx,

Al

HI,

As we do not provide support for this product, I suggest that you read the manual on how to get support or, contact Rex.

Thanks

C

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

My friend and I just purchased the Advantage radar yesterday from Just Flight within about 30 minutes of each other. After installing the radar in FSX there are two entries that show up in the FSX Add-on drop down list. The version numbers shown by these entries for me are 1.10 .0 and 1.10.38. For my friend, the version #s show are 1.11 .0 and 1.11.38. The download file in both cases is wxrad_sp1_20161121.zip. When I run the WX Adavantage Radar Updater it says no updates are available.

So my questions are which of the above version #s is the correct latest version, and if 1.11.38 is correct, how do I get the latest version? I'm also curious why the Advantage radar shows up twice in the FSX Addon drop down list (as Weather Radar Module, and as Weather Radar). Both entries offer Rescan and Ver# info.

C, I hope you don't mind if I answer here from user to user, please tell me if I shouldn't.

Al, you will see this different version numbers when using different simulators. You seem to use FSX SP2 and your friend FSX Acceleration.

FSX Steam Edition would be 1.12.something, P3D 3.4.x would be 1.34.something, etc.

Edit: And you can't perfectly see the Radar's version number from this, e.g. Hotfix 4 and SP1 have the same version numbers listed here. But if the downloaded file has sp1 in the name, all should be fine.

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for the info -- much appreciated.

And just in case you happen to know, I'd like to ask what the radar beam width is in this particular radar simulation? The tilt angle is in reference to the center of the beam, so it is important to know the beam width, i.e., where the edge of the beam is for a given tilt angle.

And C, I will check with the REX folks. I didn't realize Milviz was not involved with support for the Advantage radar.

Thx,

Al

And just in case you happen to know, I'd like to ask what the radar beam width is in this particular radar simulation? The tilt angle is in reference to the center of the beam, so it is important to know the beam width, i.e., where the edge of the beam is for a given tilt angle.

Sorry, no. I sometimes wanted to know that, too, when trying to avoid (or chase :wink:) bad weather, but never asked.

2.5 degrees according to a post by REX when I asked. Very narrow beam  and puts the dish into the 30" category. I think REX said the dish was 24" (that would make the beam 5 degrees.) 

Narrow beam means you really have to use the tilt knob to find the weather then do the math to figure out what altitude the weather is at. I have also found that AS16 tends to put the moisture into the lower portion of the clouds, thus on a large thunderstorm only the bottom 1/3 paints. With jets and even turboprops, I spend allot of time looking down for weather.  

• Upvote 1

2.5 degrees according to a post by REX when I asked. Very narrow beam and puts the dish into the 30" category. I think REX said the dish was 24" (that would make the beam 5 degrees.)

This info seems a little contradictory -- 30" or 24" dish?  Or maybe the reference to 2.5 degs was the beam's half width which would then correlate with a 24" dish.

In any case, thanks for the info -- it does 'narrow' things down. :wink:

Al

The beam width is 3° so it is in the 30" category. The API for 3rd party dev integration allows for developers to set their own beam width though.

The second value in the version number indicates what simulator it is for. 10 is FSX SP2, 11 is FSXA, 12 is FSX SE, 25 is P3D v2.5, 32 is v3.2, 33 is v3.3, 34 is v3.4.

• Upvote 2

Jonathan "FRAG" Bleeker

Formerly known here as "Narutokun"

If I speak for my company without permission the boss will nail me down. So unless otherwise specified...Im just a regular simmer who expresses his personal opinion

WX Radar also integrated into Milviz Bobcat T-50.

Cheers, Rob.