Sign in to follow this  
Guest kalas

Textuer Blurring. Ways to stop this?

Guest 22L_Approach

Hello. I have been simming for about 6 months. I am fairly new. Although I have learned alot. I have read that textuer blurring is a common issue within the virtual skies of Microsoft Flight Simulator. I also have read that there are way to fix this, or atleast supress it. My computer specs are as follows. 3.2 gig,1 gig ram,Geforce 5600.if it is not to much trouble, I was wondering if you all would be so kind as to maybe give me some options wich will help me eliminate this problem. A few side notes wich might give you more of a insight into my problem.1.It happens with any a.c, be it the default 172, or the Mighty PMDG queen.2. All my sceanry is default.3.All my sliders are almost all the way up to the top.Thanks in advance for the time you will spend reviewing this message.PS. I heard some people fixing theres by editing things in the fs9.cfg. Any fixes at all you fellow pilots have would be greatly appreciated.Thanks :)

Guest Paul Heaney

a quick search in the forums, will give you hundreds of answers.

Guest 22L_Approach

Yes sir. I ahve searched, there are so many though. I was wondering what fixes you all would recommend. Before I try editing,renameing,delteing,moveing. Stuff.

There are no "magic" fixes. I am afraid you will have to try all these "many" suggestions because no single "fix" works for everyone. So yes, you will have to work a bit. And don't expect miracles.Michael J.WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpghttp://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_beta_member.jpg

Live with it, you can try all the fixes in the world and you will still end up with blurries and textures not updating. Especially when flying a resourcehog like the PMDG747, i really like this plane, but it will have your pc on its knees if you also want to enjoy great scenery with textures updating fast and no blurries.OHN

Guest 22L_Approach

Thank you all for all your answers, guess it's time to get to work :)

Let me know when you find out, as i've tried every trick in the book and still get them! :DCheers,

If you don't want to read through all the thousands of past posts and hope you pick the right tips that won't mess up your computer from the many dizzying and conflicting suggestions, there is another option. Check out the site FS-GS.com. I have a computer very similar to yours: Pentium 3.0, ATI 9600, 1 gig ram. I used to have scenery shimmering that looked like heat waves in the desert, dancing telehones poles, wavy building siding, and planes with blurry details and sawtooth edges. I updated drivers and tried some posted tips with no noticable improvement. I just used FS-GS's services and not only are all of the anomolies above gone, but I have details that I never saw before and can operate with my sliders further to the right. They will lead you through the set-up of your entire computer for flightsimming: hardware profiles, registry editing, various cfg file setups, anti-virus and anti-spyware setup, driver cleaning and correct installation, mip-map corrections, and much more. Not only will your flight sim run and look better, but you will learn a lot in the process. I have built computers and am very comfortable changing hardware and drivers, but in my opinion you have to be a computer or flight sim professional to understand all the inner workings of flight simulator and graphics processing. Or conversely if you do have all that knowlege required, then you are a professional and could hire yourself out. There are many people on this forum that have that knowledge, but judging by the amount of posts I see about graphics problems, I imagine the majority of the 25,000 registered users do not and this post is for them. The service is not free, it's a $100 flat fee, but in my opinion one heck of a bargain. The tuning session was about 5 hours long and they probably spent another 5 hours in pre and post session consulting. Where else are you going to get computer consulting for $10/hr. You'll get a much better flight sim experience and an education also. And its risk free, if they do not solve your problems, you are not obligated to pay them. I am in no way affliated with this company, just a very satisfied customer, posting this for your benefit and others who haven't been able to get their sim to look as good as the screen shots they see posted. Actually my only concern is that FS-GS is a small company and if they get too popular they won't have time to answer my telephone calls. There have been other discussions on the Avsim forums about FS-GS, that's how I found out about them. Do a search, you'll see that there are payware developers that use their service. I am not saying that this is the only way to get your sim working correctly, but for me it was the most efficient and enjoyable option.

3770k@4.5 ghz, Noctua C12P CPU air cooler, Asus Z77, 2 x 4gb DDR3 Corsair 2200 mhz cl 9, EVGA 1080ti, Sony 55" 900E TV 3840 x 2160, Windows 7-64, FSX, P3dv3, P3dv4

Yep, I agree, listen to Ted.I'm another FS-GS cusomer and remain very satisfied 18 months down the line.I note their fee has risen since I purchased the service (I think that's correct - can't remember whether I paid $60.00 or

Well i would not pay 100$ for this service as i dont believe it would help very much.But it would be nice if there was a tweak so groundtextures would update quicker so i could enjoy UTUSA together with PMDG747 and Justin

Guest kalas

FS9.CFG[DISPLAY]UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT=0TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=140[TERRAIN]TERRAIN_DEFAULT_RADIUS=9.000000TERRAIN_EXTENDED_RADIUS=9.900000TERRAIN_EXTENDED_LEVELS=4Those settings help cut down on blurry textures with Ultimate terrain on my computer.

Hi everyone,Just a word of clarification.The Fs-Gs service costs $85.00. At one time this was linked to the Euro and was a flat rate of 60 Euros whose value fluctuated between 75-82 US dollars.However due to these fluctuations in value and bank rates we are now charging a flat rate of $85.00 no longer linked to the Euro.Both our European clients and American clients will soon have a new payment method availale at our site.In most cases the service (not including the initial intake session) takes between 4-5 hrs. and we feel that it represents an excellent value.The price which one client quoted here was atypical due to the extra hours involved and the nature of the work.ThanksMichael Greenblatt Fs-GsP.S.I cannot begin to tell you how many times we have heard the words "and I've tried them all"It is after all where others end and we begin

>Hi everyone,>>Just a word of clarification.>>The Fs-Gs service costs $85.00. At one time this was linked to>the Euro and was a flat rate of 60 Euros whose value>fluctuated between 75-82 US dollars.>>However due to these fluctuations in value and bank rates we>are now charging a flat rate of $85.00 no longer linked to the>Euro.>>Both our European clients and American clients will soon have>a new payment method availale at our site.>>In most cases the service (not including the initial intake>session) takes between 4-5 hrs. and we feel that it represents>an excellent value.>>The price which one client quoted here was atypical due to the>extra hours involved and the nature of the work.>>Thanks>>Michael Greenblatt Fs-Gs>>P.S.>>I cannot begin to tell you how many times we have heard the>words "and I've tried them all">>It is after all where others end and we begin>All we need now is Troy McClure.This now concludes our programming day......XP Home SP2Asus P4P800-SE Intel 3.0GHZDDR 400 D/C 4x512MBLeadtek 6800GT 256MB (77.72)SB AudigyCH Products Yoke/Pedals USBSee you in the fence...CYYZ

I am in no way dissing Micheal G - I have never met him, and I am sure he is a great bloke.But optimising your system is not rocket science. Anyone with a relatively advanced level of understanding of Windows, plus how to properly install OS's, arrange and partition hard drives, card drivers, strip back XP services and resources, etc can "transform" their sim too.Peace.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

OK, a quick and easy one to try ;-)Having been using the same install since FS2004 released, I had loads of files accumulating and last week FS finally gave up on me, like it decided to not even start up.So, I uninstalled each add-on in turn and then finally FS itself, renaming the folder to keep what was left there as a back-up.Defrag.Then I went to the ATI site and downloaded the lastest drivers and did the whole un-install, manually delete left-overs and then install new drivers routine. Set AA etc in the ATI control software. Then re-installed FS.Defrag.The first thing I did was to then start FS and only adjust the display settings for the screen size and check AA was unticked in FS.OK, at this point I only have FS from the CD, no add-ons at all, and all the sliders are where the install put them.I started FS and almost spluttered coffee across the desk, the performance was amazing!!! But, for the first time in ages, I had blurries :-(By coincidence, I also had that Rhode Island scenery to install, though I've still not got around to installing it yet, and found on their web site some instructions on how to edit the FS9.cfg to get the most out of the scenery, so I made all the changes recommended and have to say that my FS is working the best it has ever done......no stutters, no blurries.As has been said in this thread, there are loads of "recommended" tweeks on forums and I've probably used most of them. The problem is all these tweeks tend to have side effects, especially if you make a few one day, and a few another day, all based on different opinions etc.Whether the above works for you, well I don't know. What I do know is that forever making changes is likely to end you up with a poorly performing FS.http://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...BANNER_PAUL.jpg

Cheers

Paul Golding