Sign in to follow this  
KNOSSOS

Prepar3D Tweak Assistant (PTA)

Do I have to restore the original files by re-installing CLIENT? If anyhow possible, I would like to avoid a re-installation of P3D.

I believe I did the same thing once before and sorted it with a Client reinstallation. I think.

You could try the 'Repair' option,

bob

I re-installed CLIENT and deleted all content within the PTA folder. Now everything works.

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

Hi, I have installed PTA, but when I load a flight after making changes the screen is red or green and cockpit is black except GPS etc which is partly looking normal. I started p3d after making changes in PTA. If anyone has an idea about what could be causing this would be great to know.

Thanks

Nick

are you giving shaders time to rebuild before giving up and closing P3D?

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

Hi,

I updated my P3D from 3.3.5 to version 3.4. Unfortunately I forgot to backup the original ShadersHLSL files prior to applying PTA (v1.5) and just applied my old profile. Now I get these error messages:

ERROR: shader file H:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\ShadersHLSL\Cloud.fx is not original Prepar3D shader and can't be used

ERROR: shader file H:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\ShadersHLSL\General.fx is not original Prepar3D shader and can't be used

ERROR: shader file H:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\ShadersHLSL\GPUTerrain.fx is not original Prepar3D shader and can't be used

ERROR: shader file H:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\ShadersHLSL\FuncLibrary.fxh is not original Prepar3D shader and can't be used

ERROR: shader file H:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\ShadersHLSL\PostProcess\HDR.hlsl is not original Prepar3D shader and can't be used

How can I solve the situation?

Do I have to restore the original files by re-installing CLIENT? If anyhow possible, I would like to avoid a re-installation of P3D.

I also use REX clouds, if this makes a difference.

Cheers,

Chris

If you go to the P3D v2 & v3 Facebook page there's a file you can download that has the original Shaders files. Much faster to download those than reinstalling.

I upgraded to P3D3.4 at the weekend, so took the opportunity to try PTA together with Ultimate Realism Pack 0.95 last night - what an amazing difference this makes to the sim!

Just wanted to say thanks for this tool, which has totally amazed me :)

Jack

Jack Johnston

Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

Hi all!

New beta PTA 1.61 available here.

(Sort of bug fixes).
1. Rayleigh scattering tweak a bit more precisely on the horizon.
2. "Terrain haze" renamed to "Haze" and apply now not only to terrain. (Hope issues with autogen with thick haze solved.)
3. Seasons removed from "Haze" tweak (because allowed only for terrain).

To install just replace old PTA.exe with new from archive and apply your preset.
  • Upvote 3

Hi all!

New beta PTA 1.61 available here.

(Sort of bug fixes).
2. "Terrain haze" renamed to "Haze" and apply now not only to terrain. (Hope issues with autogen with thick haze solved.)

To install just replace old PTA.exe with new from archive and apply your preset.

Music to my ears!!! as this is what I got, posted in a previous post yesterday - needless to say I was desperate for answers and solutions lol

14vkzth.jpg

Hello folks!

PTA 1.61 released: http://1coder.ru/PTA/

Release notes:

2. "Terrain haze" renamed to "Haze" and affects now not only terrain. (The issues with autogen with thick haze solved). Haze tweak got a new parameter: "Density depends on altitude" (On by default). If you found haze become too thick at high altitude, please use this checkbox.

All presets from previous versions are compatible with version 1.61.

To install delete old PTA.exe from your PTA directory, unzip PTA.exe from new distribution archive. Then apply your preset.

Perhaps, haze and scattering tweaks will require some re-adjustment.

Regards,

Hello folks!

PTA 1.61 released: http://1coder.ru/PTA/

Will make a donation asap - the work you have put in is amazing - transforms P3D - difference is day and night - thanks  :wink:

Rich Sennett

Will make a donation asap - the work you have put in is amazing - transforms P3D - difference is day and night - thanks

Thank you very much, Rich!  :hi:

Thank you very much, Rich!  :hi:

Thank you Buddy for what you do  :wink:

Rich Sennett

Hello Yuri

I just installed PTA.

Fantastic tool. My fault I did not installed it sooner.

Thank You very much.

Forgive my ignorance if this has been covered already. I'm currently running P3D 3.4.9.  I use REX Texture Direct with Soft Clouds, I have backed up my shaders files in both the root P3D directory and the one in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3.

I have downloaded PTA 1.61 and am doing research until I'm comfortable tweaking the sim.

Are there any drawbacks in using REX TD w/SC and PTA?

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.