Sign in to follow this  
KNOSSOS

Prepar3D Tweak Assistant (PTA)

Hi.

All good here with the PTA v2.04beta!.

Yuri, please remember to change the scale used on the "images" section of this tweak (is still the previous one used by v2.0-2.3).

Cheers, Ed

Sorry, I meant ...previous one used by v2.00-2.03!.

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Weird...I use this preset and it looks great. No glareshield shimmering issues at all.

Yuri, problem solved. I mipmapped the textures and the shimmering went away.

Hi.

All good here with the PTA v2.04beta!.

Yuri, please remember to change the scale used on the "images" section of this tweak (is still the previous one used by v2.0-2.3).

Cheers, Ed

Hi Ed

Thanks a lot for the feedback! Tweak illustrations will be OK in the final release of 2.04.

(I'm going to release it today).

Cheers!

PTA 2.04 for Prepar3D 3.1-3.4 deployed on site.

Release notes:

1. "Clouds shadows depth" tweak reworked. The min., max. and default values changed.
2. Extended description of the "Clouds shadows extended size" tweak.

All presets from PTA 2.0X are compatible.

How to upgrade PTA 2.0X (or PTA 2.04beta) to PTA 2.04:

•  delete old PTA.exe from your PTA 2.0X directory, unzip PTA.exe from new distribution archive.
  •  If you using the "Clouds shadows depth" tweak, please make re-setting of tweak parameter.
  •  Then apply your preset.

Thanks for feedback!

• Upvote 2

thanks Yuri, been using 2.04 beta without any problems, will try 2.04.

bob

Sorry for the stupid question, but to upgrade to 2.04, do I just replace the exe file and open up the same preset I was using?

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

PTA 2.04 for Prepar3D 3.1-3.4 deployed on site.

Thanks again, Yuri, excellent work!.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Sorry for the stupid question, but to upgrade to 2.04, do I just replace the exe file and open up the same preset I was using?

Yes, replace exe, open your preset in PTA 2.04, re-setting the parameter of "Clouds shadows depth" tweak (if you used it) and apply preset.

Thanks again, Yuri, excellent work!.
Cheers, Ed

Thanks Ed!  :hi:

Announcement - new preset: adam_20-08

pta_204_08_02_1350.jpg

Hot on the heels of Yuri's 2.04 release, here's my preset for it: http://www.nzfsim.org/index.php?dsp=PTA

P3D HDR settings: Brightness: 0.65 | Bloom: 0.15 | Saturation: 0.90

Compatible with PTA 2.04 only! More pics here: http://www.avsim.com/topic/490178-prepar3d-tweak-assistant-pta-screenshots-presets/page-10#entry3550536

Adam.

• Upvote 6

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

Just to clear up some confusion (!) - I appear to have tweaked the recommended HDR settings in 20_09. The correct settings are:

P3D HDR settings: Brightness: 0.65 | Bloom: 0.20 | Saturation: 0.85

Thanks for spotting that one, Brian!

Adam.

Thanks Adam, working great, also in the PMDG 777.

Phew - that's a relief! I only have the 777 in FSX, so couldn't test it.

SKY TEXTURES by Mamedov Gennadiy

“If you are using Active Sky 2016+ASCA, download archive "FOR_ASCA.zip", unzip and put the folder with the desired set into following directory”

I have downloaded and unzipped the FOR_ASAC zip, in the desired directory, but I’m unsure as what to do with the individual sets when they are in there?

Do I place them within an existing folder and overwrite what is in there?

If I wanted to use, say “CRIMSON”, where do I place it after I have put inside the skycolor folder?

Can anyone help please?

Sorry they say the only dumb question is the one you don’t ask.

BJ from OZ (Brian Baxter)

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.