Sign in to follow this  
flynman33

Being Badgered By MS to UpGrade to Win 10

I have Win 7 installed and everything is wonderful, I am being badgered 2x daily to upgrade to the FREE Win 10.

I have read in other websites that I should not so I thought I would ask those who are true FSimmers what issues thy have had or improvements in performance.

Tell me what you know.

Randy Smith

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I installed GWX control panel and no longer have this problem. It deletes the icon and removes all install files, then prevents Windows 10 install. I had already blocked the updates mentioned but MS keeps coming up with new ones.

My laptop had the icon and nagging pop up, but the hardware won't allow it. That's what irritates me. Don't put tons of files and nagging reminders on old hardware. GWX control panel removed over 100 files and a good MB worth of garbage. Annoying.

• Upvote 1

I use IVONA voices for my ATC and they told me its not supported in WIN 10. There may be other peripherals as well

I used a tool that completely removes the update badgering and all W10 files from my system that were gathering info and slows down the PC when running it

I agree with the others. Unless you have some really good reason to move to Win10, DON'T do it. And, the GWX Control Panel works great. I have it installed on three machines and no more Windows 10 "upgrade" worries.

Doug

• Upvote 1

Google Never10....recommended by PC Authority Magazine (Australia)....safe and easy...and you can revert if you ever want to re-enable the messages.

Ian

Google Never10....recommended by PC Authority Magazine (Australia)....safe and easy...and you can revert if you ever want to re-enable the messages.

Ian

Thats the one