Sign in to follow this  
barrel_owl

Phenom 100 update 2.0 out, now with Navigraph extension option

What would be interesting to me is to know how to update the GTN database at no cost!

I thought the devs said NO update is possible?  Even if you did purchase a Garmin subscription to the GTN ($520/yr? or did that go down?) ... something about installs are unique to the unit (guess some sort of copy protection process requiring the unit's unique ID as the key) ... so "guessing" that what we have is a "generic" unlocked and older database (of not much value to current real world pilots)?  I don't mean this as a negative BTW, just something that is in Garmin's control.

Buying the global DVD for $25 and changing the database didn't get me anything as I thought that came with the newer versions from Flight1 of GTN750?

It would be nice if the devs of the GTN750 could add a feature to scan my BGLs and add any airports they currently don't have (similiar to what FSCommander does) ... if the database file is encrypted then just do a user waypoint add.  The aircraft I use the GTN750 in are typically not flying in very populated areas ... for example ENVY is not in the GTN750 database. 

My 2 cents.

Cheers, Rob.

... for example ENVY is not in the GTN750 database. 

...nor it is supposed to be there, as the airport was closed in 1990. As far as I know, the current facility operates as heliport. So, no surprise you don't find ENVY in any database.

It would be nice if the devs of the GTN750 could add a feature to scan my BGLs and add any airports they currently don't have (similiar to what FSCommander does) ... if the database file is encrypted then just do a user waypoint add. The aircraft I use the GTN750 in are typically not flying in very populated areas ... for example ENVY is not in the GTN750 database.

I agree, and in my case, ILS info for SVBM is not correct in GTN database.

I think Bert on this thread suggested already that previous airac cycles (not the current one) from Garmin could be obtained fro free if "we ask nicely", but correct me if I'm wrong. Don't know exactly what that means, but if he kindly tell us how to get them, I would be very appreciated.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

...nor it is supposed to be there, as the airport was closed in 1990

Yes, but like I suggested, there are historic airports many of us have and use so it would be nice if there was similar functionality to FSCommander (Volker Heine) that scans the BGLs to extract airports one has installed.  Perhaps contact Volker to work a financial deal on using his code and then convert that output for use in GTN.  I'd would pay for such an additional feature that is NOT part of the original product ... going rate for "extensions" seems to be around $5 or so.   This would be far cheaper and more reliable than "ask nicely" and more to the point, will always stay updated with whatever 3rd party airports users install (active or out of commission).

Extend this idea another notch, contact Milviz/REX and look into integrating their weather radar into the non-functional weather button in the GTN ... again I'd would pay for this feature that was not part of the original product.

I think pooling development resources is certainly a good option for this rather small market.

Cheers, Rob.

I'm not sure any of this can be implemented.

The navdata database that is being used by the Flight1 GTN gauge, is the real world Garmin database that is used by actual GTN owners.  It has no knowledge of FSX or P3D, or any scenery that you may have on your computer.

Bert

Now I have to decide between the Phenom 100 or the 300! 

The F1 Mustang is also on my maybe list, but I've read various reports about it having a better G1000, but being quite buggy.

Philip Harris

Now I have to decide between the Phenom 100 or the 300!

I'd recommend the Phenom 100, apparently the 300 can go into a dutch roll if it loses GPS signal as the G1000 all went blank ... doooh!

Skip to 41:15 min mark onwards...

Can't believe Carenado replicated this issue ;) ... now that's some realism! 

Cheers, Rob.

I'd recommend the Phenom 100, apparently the 300 can go into a dutch roll if it loses GPS signal as the G1000 all went blank ... doooh!

Terrifying!

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Anybody found the clickspot to deactivate the copilot MFD or is this for me essential (due to FPS) "feature" really gone in v2.0?

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

I'm now reading the that Phenom 100 does not work in P3D V3? Is that still the case? What about the 300?

Philip Harris

Philip Harris

The Flight 1 Mustang is a great simulation. It's G1000 is far superior to the Carenado G1000. However it is a very light jet designed for short one pilot operations. The superior G1000 will require more resources from your system. The Mustang was originally released in 2008.

The Phenom 300 with Bert's GTN mods is fun to fly. It is a modern light jet that is very popular in the real world. It has much better performance in climb and cruise capability than the Mustang but can still operate from 3,000 foot strips. The Phenom was recently released and has great textures and graphics.

I use them both successfully in PD3V3.35

Hope this helps,

Greg

Greg Morin

Commercial ASMEL Instrument CFI

Beta Tester i Blue Yonder, Flightbeam and Milviz

I'm now reading the that Phenom 100 does not work in P3D V3? Is that still the case? What about the 300?

Don't know about the 100, but the 300 sure does.

I see now on their product page under systems requirements the 300 says P3D V3 but the 100 does not.

Pity! Seems like the 300 it is !

Philip Harris

Well, the update 2.0 this thread is all about is the update that makes the 100 compatible with v3. I don't know why they do not put this properly on their homepage...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS