Sign in to follow this  
barrel_owl

Phenom 100 update 2.0 out, now with Navigraph extension option

I downloaded the V2 update and bought the Navigraph extension since it's so cheap right now. But I'm afraid to install. I've made a number of changes to the original (popup rxpGNS to load flight plans / SIDS / STARS, implemented an xml gauge to synch the CDI to the rxpGNS source and I did a custom repaint of one of the textures).

Carenado says to uninstall the original first. I'm not sure how to do that. Is there a way to change the filenames on the installed version so I can have both versions installed?

Any help here appreciated...

[CPL]  I9-9900K @5.0GHz HT ON, Maximus XI Hero, ASUS TUF RTX4080 OC, 32GB DDR4 3200 14, 1TB NVMe SSD, 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 40" Samsung 4K TV, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Logitech Rudder Pedals, WIN11

Very poor performance in here. Not impressed.

Flavio Cardoso - P3Dv4.5 HF3

Win 10 Pro 64Bits - i74960X 4.5ghz - ASUS Rampage IV Black Ed. - Corsair H150i Platinum - 32gb  Ripjaws Z - ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER SC - MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics

Just used to being able to look at an fms and see the nav data. I need to just fly it.

Kevin Humphryes

Hi all, according to Carenado, these are the steps to check which is the navdata currently in use:

Carenado Support, Jul 4, 12:26 CLT:

Greetings,

- On the MFD, go to the AUX page by rotating the FMS outer knob.
- Once on the AUX page, turn the inner knob to the last subpage.
- On the right side of the screen, there is a DATABASE section and under AVIATION under CYCLE is the cycle information.

Regards,

Carenado.

I think they inadvertently switched in the explanation the use of the outer/inner FMS knob to circle thru the MFD pages. Try it by yourself.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Thanks Ed, sure enough it shows the current data on that page.

Welcome.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Hi, for those who would like to fly the EMB Phenom 100 by the numbers, together with the GTN750 installed on the panel, you can download a GTN checklist file for the aircraft, from the link below:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mhuf6czycjna1mb/chklist%20-%20Phenom%20100%20v1.0.ace?dl=0

This is v1.00 (still WIP).

Enjoy!. Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

Hi folks, I'm considering buying this or the Phenom 300 and was wondering what advantages there are to using the GTN750 in place of what comes with it? I already own the GTN750 but you cannot update the nav data in that without considerable expense. Even with the Navigraph update, is the G1000 functionality that comes with it really that poor? 

I don't own a bizjet at the moment and am trying to decide which to buy. As most of us, I'm used to Majestic and PMDG level products but I appreciate there isnt a bizjet available at that level. It's proving to be a difficult choice!

Running P3D V3 with a high spec machine.

Philip Harris

Let me try..

The Phenom 300 GTN combination buys you a solid avionics package that does not let you down in mid flight..

http://www.simforums.com/forums/gtn-in-phenom-300_topic53360.html

The Carenado G1000 is unfortunately buggy, and a performance hog.. and at best a "lite" simulation of the real unit.

Since you already own the Flight1 GTN, you will know it to be a pretty solid piece of gear.

As for navdata updates, you just have to ask nicely, and you will find that recently expired Garmin navdata is available at no cost.

Bert

Thanks for the quick reply!

Who should I be asking nicely for new nav data for the GTN750 :) ?

Also, does it integrate properly with the phenom in terms or the GPS/VOR commands sent to the HSI/autopilot? I'd welcome instructions about how to install it.

Also, is the Phenom really my best bet to add a Bizet to my fleet? Or is there something better you suggest I consider ?

Phil

Philip Harris

Thanks for the quick reply!

1.- Who should I be asking nicely for new nav data for the GTN750 :) ?

2.- Also, does it integrate properly with the phenom in terms or the GPS/VOR commands sent to the HSI/autopilot? I'd welcome instructions about how to install it.

3.- Also, is the Phenom really my best bet to add a Bizet to my fleet? Or is there something better you suggest I consider ?

Phil

1.- Mmmm Probably ask the one who suggested it.

2.- Yes, but You need Bert's mod, send him a PM

3.-

The Carenado Phenom 300 is a beautiful modern airplane, GTN mod by Bert.

The recent Carenado CJ2 although and older model is also very nice, GTN mod also available here.

The Flight1 Mustang is very nice and has a decent G1000, but heavy on frames.

The Flysimware Lear 35A, I don't own it, the but read very good things in the forums.

There are others, but I don't use them anymore since they CTD on my system. search the forums.

2.- Yes, but You need Bert's mod, send him a PM

Hi, Ramon, I don't think that is needed just to install the GTN into the Phenom 100, without making any modification to the AP system.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

Hi, Ramon, I don't think that is needed just to install the GTN into the Phenom 100, without making any modification to the AP system.

Cheers, Ed

Hi Ed

I don't have the Phenom 100, but the 300.

All GTN mods Bert has kindly sent me include AP modifications.

The mod we did for the CJ2 also included AP reworking to handle the GTN. (By Janek)

Cheers

Hi Ed

I don't have the Phenom 100, but the 300.

All GTN mods Bert has kindly sent me include AP modifications.

The mod we did for the CJ2 also included AP reworking to handle the GTN. (By Janek)

Cheers

What would be interesting to me is to know how to update the GTN database at no cost!.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed