Sign in to follow this  
barrel_owl

Phenom 100 update 2.0 out, now with Navigraph extension option

I see now on their product page under systems requirements the 300 says P3D V3 but the 100 does not.

Pity! Seems like the 300 it is !

Strange. As of this writing the Phenom 300 does not natively install into P3D v3. The Phenom 100 (v2.0) does. I have both. The 300 will go into P3D v3 but it takes some trickery to do it. There are some posts in the Carenado forum explaining "how to."

You mention in a previous post reading about the Flight1 Mustang being buggy. That's not my experience and I've been flying the Mustang in FSX and P3D since 2011. Nice G1000 that actually works and framerate friendly on today's hardware. Not perfect but better than anything Carenado has put out. And cheaper.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

he update 2.0 this thread is all about is the update that makes the 100 compatible with v3

Weird, as the product page only lists P3D V2 compatibility as part of the V2 changes. It makes no mention about P3D V3 compatibility, only the first post in this thread states that!

Philip Harris

I installed the v2.0 yesterday evening and there is definitely the option to select Prepar3d v3 in the installation menue, which I did and it installed without any issue. And this was the Mail I got from Carenado, clearly stating both P3Dv3 and FSX:SE support:

carenadop7bi0.jpg

I really don't get why they do not adapt their product description, maybe takes some days for them :Devil:

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

First time posting in anger on here in anger and I really appreciate all the help. Some other forums seem super hostile!

Great thanks, Ankh, that's made my mind up.

Philip Harris

Also confirmed in a reply to a support ticket I raised. I pointed out that they may wish to update their product page!  :Tounge:

Philip Harris

Anybody found the clickspot to deactivate the copilot MFD or is this for me essential (due to FPS) "feature" really gone in v2.0?

If you find it, let me know ... the other options is to replace it with the GTN or just disable the panel in .cfg.  No idea why Carenado removed this "feature" to turn them OFF?

Cheers, Rob.

No idea why Carenado removed this "feature" to turn them OFF?

Purchase made, Phenom 100 with the Navigraph pack running P3D V3.2 with no problems at all. Sat at KPSP with SoCal and getting a solid 40 frames (my system is good, but no crazy good) so no issues from me.

When you pop out the PFD both the left and right PFD's go blank. So doesn't that mean they are the same gauge and therefore switching one off wouldn't make any difference to frames?

Oh and here she is!

Phenom100.png

Philip Harris

Oh wow this G1000 really is awful. Trying to set a direct to a fix in my route and it WILL NOT change the active leg.

I wanted to try it without the GTN mod just to see. Wished I had not bothered.

As for the level change? Truly terrible.

Philip Harris

AVSIM and Mutley's Hangar reviewed this aircraft and AVSIM's review indicated there are problems with the G1000 and it's an average aircraft.  Mutley's Hangar had it rated as excellent and saw few problems.  Then there are excellent video tutorials like the one from FSMania - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7coNj4lF_to.  The video shows no problems.  No fps issues, no G1000 issues, no FlightPlan issues, and he likes it!!   Not to say anything against the "experts" who are posting here but these are the things you should be looking at IMHO.  In part 2 of the FSMania video he's showing no problems with the FLC.  He has real world weather engaged too and flying over FTX/Orbx scenery.  So I always wonder when I see negative comments.  Others are doing it, why can't others who use this aircraft?

Okay, off of my soapbox....

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi there Jim,

I've done little else other than watch the FSMania videos on the aircraft over the last few days! It it does feel a little bit like you're saying I must be doing something wrong? I fly aircraft real world with G1000's in them so I was basing what I was trying to do (nothing particularly fancy) both on my experience and on what I've seen of FS Mania doing. Perhaps the order I entered the flight plan caused something strange to happen? I'm not sure, but it genuinely did not work properly for me with route creation and manipulation. 

Also for me, the flight level change just did not pitch accurately or quickly enough to maintain the selected speed without needing to keep an eye on things. I might make a short video though just to either show what is happening or have something blindingly obvious be pointed out to me!

I 100% appreciate that this is a relatively cheap add-on compared to other aircraft available and I am OK with that and it's shortcomings. It is still quite frustrating, though!

I've since managed to bodge the GTN750 into the panel and that does the trick. So at least I can still fly, what is, after all, a stunning model from Carenardo.

Philip Harris

Nah, to be honest I've had more fun flying the Citation CJII with Bert's GTN 750 mod than any other add on. It's a lovely mixture of steam gauges, unique idiosyncrasies, and a good nav gauge. It may not be 100% fidelity (but then for the Carenado price it's never going to be) but it's much more fun than any Phenom or Mustang....... in my opinion, allegedly.

I've done little else other than watch the FSMania videos on the aircraft over the last few days! It it does feel a little bit like you're saying I must be doing something wrong? I fly aircraft real world with G1000's in them so I was basing what I was trying to do (nothing particularly fancy) both on my experience and on what I've seen of FS Mania doing. Perhaps the order I entered the flight plan caused something strange to happen? I'm not sure, but it genuinely did not work properly for me with route creation and manipulation.

I appreciate that some, like you, have real world piloting experience.  It's always nice to converse with those who have that knowledge and experience and we appreciate those memberships and contributions here at AVSIM.  I doubt any of us non-pilot members would be able to jump into an Embraer in the real world and fly away.  It's a hobby that many of us old-timers like to play around with.  Many of us cannot play those other games on the Internet that require instant reactions and an intense knowledge of game-playing.  Flight simulation for many is their style - slow and easy and a long learning experience.  It is always rewarding to be able to fly between two airports after successfully programming the FMC/FMS or G1000. 

I do not own the Phenom 100 but I do own the 300.  Both are outstanding looking models, with awesome textures inside and outside the aircraft.  My goal has been to learn the G1000 and not the GTN 750 (although it is a spiffy looking gauge).  It looks pretty simple to use as many are using it in various aircraft.  Mindstar has a G1000 too that can be retrofitted into many aircraft. 

So far, I have been able to successfully fly the Phenom 300 between two airports after developing a flight plan for the G1000.  There are many other things I need to learn and to get as proficient like yourself or people like FSMania in setting up the G1000 like making sure the weights are as close to reality as possible and the weather is brought into consideration via the G1000 during a flight.

Hopefully you will get this figured out with the Carenado in regards, for instance, to the FLC.  I personally do not use the FLC as I think that is broken.  I use the Alt and VS buttons.  That's what I think FSMania used too mostly in his videos although he did not indicate (or I did not hear) an issue with the FLC. 

Thanks again for your membership.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hopefully you will get this figured out with the Carenado in regards, for instance, to the FLC. I personally do not use the FLC as I think that is broken. I use the Alt and VS buttons. That's what I think FSMania used too mostly in his videos although he did not indicate (or I did not hear) an issue with the FLC.

No FLC here either with Phenom 100 . Its FLC does not perform well at any acceptable level during any phase of the flight, and during descent phase is even worst. Best is to use Alt and VS buttons. Regarding FPS, no issues here, fluid enough.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Ok, sadly also after this update, the Phenom 100 will remain in the hangar on my side. Honestly, I do not know what I am doing wrong, but starting this plane from the preselection "cold and dark" via the Carenado menu (shift + 3 if I remember correctly) still does not work and obviously no one can help me. Problem: I can not activate the middle MFD as I should, via clicking "ENT". Only if I use the preselection "ready for taxi", this works. Same is true for the backup artificial horizon: if I use cold and dark, this never comes alive, using directly ready for taxi, it is working. I know the issue is somehow related to the absence of an "avionics master switch", which I simply avoided using a key command in FSX, but this does not work anymore in P3D. Then, as mentioned by others here, the performance is ridiculously bad and now, as I am not able to turn off the copilot MFD anymore, performance is even worse. So, sadly, like this, the plane is unusable for me...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

This has to be told: I contacted directly the Carenado support explaining the issues I have with the Phenom 100 v2.0 in Prepar3d v3. I explained what I have written above plus the fact that the artificial horizon on the main MFD also does not work at all even when using the preselection "ready for taxi". And guess what was the answer from the official support? They apologize the inconvenience and simply offer me a refund or another Carenado plane for free. Well, while you can think that this is a nice offer (which it is), it is in the end simply a showcase how Carenado is supporting their own products. Instead of offering me possible workarounds or tell me I have to wait for the next patch, they simply do not care anymore about this specific product and offer another one or a full refund. For me, this is indicative of one thing: the Embraer Phenom 100 product is broken and won't be fixed anytime soon. So, if your Phenom 100 is also not working, I suggest that you open a support ticket and get your plane refunded or simply get another one for free.

Greetings, Chris