HiFlyer

Aerofly FS 2 Videos

Just seemed like it would be good to have a central thread for new videos:

• Upvote 1

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Devon, thanks for sharing. I have v.1 and really enjoyed flying her, will have to pick this up.

Heavy landings need to sound more like heavy landings.

Do the airliners have thrust reversers?

Nice terrain graphics.

Heavy landings need to sound more like heavy landings.

Do the airliners have thrust reversers?

Nice terrain graphics.

Yes there are thrust reversers

One of the Easter eggs to be found in a certain area.........

• Upvote 1

Does the Aerosoft airbus 320 that is in this sim have the copilot vocal checklist like in P3D?

Nope, I don't think so, but it's still WIP.

But I can tell you that an Airbus in Aerofly FS2 feels a lot more like an Airbus than in FSX, or X-Plane... 

Nope, I don't think so, but it's still WIP.

But I can tell you that an Airbus in Aerofly FS2 feels a lot more like an Airbus than in FSX, or X-Plane...

I was noticing that. The heavies in Aerofly really do feel...... heavy.

Exactly Devon...

In FSX and in X-Plane, most of the time they feel too plastic... Specially in FSX - even the best airliner add-ons. This is particularly evident when they start massaging the FDM with their own code, through gauge or other forms of external programming.

I remember a recent approach to EDDF 07 R, in a TAP A320.  The captain is a friend from the soaring activities, and I jumpseated from LPPT takeoff to EDDF arrival at gate :-)

It was remarkable the sensation of inertia yo can notice in the A320. They were flying manually, and throttle was also being manually controlled, and, indeed it feels a lot like the sensation of an approach in the Aerofly FS 2 Airbus.

The FBW is of course still there, down to the blending height bellow which, it reverts to direct law, but there is still a good feel of inertia, and Aerofly replicates that beautifully.

That was also the feel I got out of the 1hr session on the LevelD A319/20/21 sim, and experience recorded forever in all of it's details in my ROM....

I like the UFO Easter egg. How does Area 51 look in it self?

Its one of the lower resolution areas so the ground textures are rather bland. There is a standard, nondescript military base there, made interesting primarily by the fact of some extras like a crashed UFO and the set where the moon landings were faked, among others.......

Found on the web: Though I must admit I have never ever understood people who set up the course etc then put the plane on auto and go have a nap. That sort of thing has kept me away from tube-liners for years. Now, I'm slightly tempted to give it a shot, but not on (insert Anglo Saxon cusses here) autopilot!!!

Sion to Zurich with Boeing 737-500. Autopilot landing, was very bumpy.

I don't think the A/P in the default Aerofly 737 presently available is already tuned to perform a cat3 autoland... The rest of the flight ooks nice !

Cool videos :)

As for the autopilot, i do 1 hour flights usually. Once it's active i just look around the plane all the time, or at the instruments too :P

In the Sion to Zurich with Boeing 737-500 video I noticed a lot of Z fighting graphic problems in the mountains and jerky, slower fps in heavy areas - is this common with this sim?

• Upvote 1

In the Sion to Zurich with Boeing 737-500 video I noticed a lot of Z fighting graphic problems in the mountains and jerky, slower fps in heavy areas - is this common with this sim?[/size]

He apparently has a slow graphics card. I once did a thread on how I always felt very fortunate when I saw what other people had to put up with every day......

Anyway, yes there can be z-fighting, where clouds intersect mountains especially, but it doesn't happen often enough or noticeably enough to be an issue for me. I'm far more distracted by the buildings flickering in x-plane.

Thanks, also does this sim take advantage of SLI?