Sign in to follow this  
hqmurphy

Any Viable Aircraft for Longhaul Flights? Besides PMDG777

Hey all,

I think the subject is pretty clear. But to clarify, is there any software out there for P3D V3 that is high quality and allows you the ability to complete long haul missions. Is PMDG's 777 the only verified P3D long haul aircraft? Has anyone got any FSX aircraft to work well in P3D (Captain Sim, Lvl D, etc.)

Looking for 757, 767 models specifically, but open to A330/A340 models as well.

Thanks guys,

HM

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

757- I haven't had a problem with the Qualitywings 757 working in P3D v3, but it isn't officially supported by QW so you're on your own if problems pop up.

767-I tried bringing the Level D 767 over to P3D using the migrator tool, but it was unstable and would crash every now and then. Flight1 will let you return it after 30 days, so it might be worth a shot.

A330/340- The BBS models *usually* work for full long haul flights, but because they are still at version 0.8something there will be problems every now and then. Matt Davies made a full flight video with their A340 from Abu Dhabi to Tokyo you may want to check out on youtube. Also, Aerosoft has an A330 in development that may be out in a year or so. 

Captain Sim's L1011 and 777 come with installers for P3D v3. Their 777, while not quite PMDG quality, is still a 'full simulation' for the most part and offers most 777 variants (like the 777-200ER) in all engine variants, as opposed to PMDG just modeling the LR. I've gotten their 707 to work in P3D without the Migrator, but can't tell you about their 757 or 767. As for other aircraft, iFly has a 747 that's apparently very good and might keep you busy until the PMDG 747 v2 is released. Finally, if you're willing to keep an open mind, there is an amazing 767-300 by FlightFactor for XPlane 10, and a decent 757, 777, 747-8, and A350. 

• Upvote 1

The ifly 747 is Long Haul friendly, I have had many successful flights with it in FSX and P3D 2.5/3.X. It is a great aircraft;  I have had it since release and gotten my moneys worth 10x over. But with the PMDG747 release nearing I'm not sure if its worth purchasing at this stage. 

• Upvote 2

I've successfully used the captainsim 767 in p3dv3 in the past, but the last few flights i'vetried, the right throttle would continously drop to idle once airborne...too bad as otherwise it worked fine.

• Upvote 1

Don't overlook the B738 in service between KJFK and EKCH by NAX during off-season (B788 in use now during peak season). it was a fun trip to plan and execute.  There are also PANC-PHNL-KSEA trips daily in B738/739 by ASA, and many others between West Coast and the Islands.  True, stage lengths are generally less than 7 hrs and not to compare to the long legs of the B77L but they are options.

• Upvote 2

If you are into short long-haul flights, there is always the FSLabs Concorde.

• Upvote 2