Sign in to follow this  
Bobsk8

Orbx Southern Alaska

I have flown in Alaska in real life and love the scenery. I was wondering if anyone has tried the Orbx scenery in P3D, and what the FPS result was compared to he default scenery. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

I have flown in Alaska in real life and love the scenery. I was wondering if anyone has tried the Orbx scenery in P3D, and what the FPS result was compared to he default scenery. 

Really worth it Bob .  SAK is my favourite Orbx scenery next to PNW.  Very FPS friendly

I'm keen to take Jan Visser and Manfred's new C-47 around SAK this weekend.

Really worth it Bob .  SAK is my favourite Orbx scenery next to PNW.  Very FPS friendly

I'm keen to take Jan Visser and Manfred's new C-47 around SAK this weekend.

Thanks.

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

The Orbx FTX openLC Alaska/Canada product is a perfect companion to the SAK and Pacific Fjords regions.

Dan Downs KCRP

take a look at my AK approaches in and around PAPG https://youtu.be/Lh-WX_sFR00

...Orbx SAK...pretty swell.

Chas

• Upvote 1

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

Installing SAK right now.  :smile:

I flew into an airport that I have flown to in real life, Whittier, after I got SAK installed,  which is a very short one way approach airport. I noticed that if you tried to touch down before say the halfway mark on the runway, it was like landing on a pile of large boulders causing me to run off the runway and get prop strikes. I then landed about half way down the runway which is not the best thing to do on this very short runway, and I got a controlled landing. Anyone else notice this at this airport with SAK?  Seems like these is something wrong with the runway surface on the first 1/3 of runway 21. 

Found the problem on the Orbx forum. I had to change the terrain mesh resolution to 5mm, and now landing is fine....

take a look at my AK approaches in and around PAPG ...Orbx SAK...pretty swell.

Chas

Chas a good effort. You could probably make that work better with an RNP approach with RF leg types (Radius to Fix). Unfortunately I don't think the PMDG 737 is capable of them (at least the last PMDG aircraft wasn't).

Cheers

Steve Hall

Chas a good effort. You could probably make that work better with an RNP approach with RF leg types (Radius to Fix). Unfortunately I don't think the PMDG 737 is capable of them (at least the last PMDG aircraft wasn't).

... I guess since my PMDG aircraft, didn't feel my hands on the controls...it got its brain to follow the route I wrote for it, and Just trusted me me and it's Inate RNP capabilities...pretty much to the end...

Sad that that the NGX is so woefully I'll-equipped...ahhhhhhh wellll... https://youtu.be/Lh-WX_sFR00

C

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

They say any landing you can walk away from is a good one. "Stoooooooooooop yeeeeeaaaaaaaaahh". Chas, I loved the video!

Oh, I hope you get the kinks worked out on your new PC build (low FPS), keep us posted.

Fly safe

Francisco Blas
Windows11 Pro ASUS Hero Z790 | Intel i9-13900K | G.SKILL 32GB DDR5 | ASUS STRIX 4090 | WD 4TB SN850X NVMe | ASUS Ryujin II AIO 360mm | Corsair AX1600i | Lian Li 011D EVO | DELL Alienware 38 G-SYNC

They say any landing you can walk away from is a good one. "Stoooooooooooop yeeeeeaaaaaaaaahh". Chas, I loved the video!Oh, I hope you get the kinks worked out on your new PC build (low FPS), keep us posted.Fly safe

Thank you very much regarding the video…

Horror story upgrading to Win10 after loosing my Windows activation license when I changed out my MOBO/CPU...ALL weekend of fails up to and including now....2PQD3AM.jpg

*^]?|.^%\[|?.^%_{}?.*.|\%_?!!!!!!

Thanks for asking though...

Chas