Sign in to follow this  
edpatino

HD Airport Graphics for P3D/FSX (Zinertek)

Hi, has anyone tried this product already in P3Dv3?. Could anyone share his experience with it?. It supposedly improves the P3D default airports (buildings, hangars, tarmacs, runways, taxiways, trucks, vehicles, etc.). It's from Zinertek and is shown up at SimMarket (since 2014):

http://secure.simmarket.com/zinertek-tech.mhtml

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers, Ed

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Yes, I have it.

Works well in p3d v3 stock airports look a lot better, don't expect them to be payware or accurate but they look a lot better than stock.

Yep. If you never fly into default aiports you don't need this, it doesn nothing to addon airports. But I do, and the default texures (notably the hangars) are that ugly that Zinertek is a huge improvement.

On the other hand, REX is preparing a similar product which might be even better. The preview pix look stunning, but as always with REX they talk for years before actual release.

Kind regards, Michael

Yes, I have it.

Works well in p3d v3 stock airports look a lot better, don't expect them to be payware or accurate but they look a lot better than stock.

Thanks for sharing, Mike!

Yep. If you never fly into default aiports you don't need this, it doesn nothing to addon airports. But I do, and the default texures (notably the hangars) are that ugly that Zinertek is a huge improvement.

On the other hand, REX is preparing a similar product which might be even better. The preview pix look stunning, but as always with REX they talk for years before actual release.

Kind regards, Michael

Thanks Michael.

One more question: any of you have any REX textures installed (REX TD or previous products), and if so, did you have any issues with your REX textures after installing/uninstalling this Zinerteck product?.

Thanks again.

Cheers, Ed

I have some Textures from Texture Direct installed, but only Water and (Soft) Clouds, nothing which potentially might interfere with Zinertek. Not sure about the Runways, but I didn't install these.

Kind regards, Michael

REX TD 4 will overwrite the Zinertek runway textures unless one unchecks the runway box in REX.

• Upvote 1

I had it in 2.5 but didn't put it back in 3. The building textures were much nicer indeed but I was put off by all the wet ground textures (runways etc.). Have they improved them ?

I had it in 2.5 but didn't put it back in 3. The building textures were much nicer indeed but I was put off by all the wet ground textures (runways etc.). Have they improved them ?

Thanks for the comment, Dominique. Latest version according to Zinertek website is v3 dated February 2015. Don't know if you tried this one?.

Cheers, Ed

I have Ed, it it does what it say on the tin. Very happy with it.

Thanks Julian. Took note

Cheers, Ed

I just purchased this currently on sale through SimMarket.

It is Ok and does improve the defaults. I found the low resolution textures to be better.

It's not a huge outlay of $$$ anyway should you not like it.

I just purchased this currently on sale through SimMarket.

It is Ok and does improve the defaults. I found the low resolution textures to be better.

It's not a huge outlay of $$$ anyway should you not like it.

I've just bought it, you're right, it's not that expensive!.

Cheers, Ed