Sign in to follow this  
MarkW

Scenery overtop of my new addon airport

I purchased CYOW Ottawa from FSimStudios.  Nice scenery but I have a problem were the default terminal is sitting on top of the developer scenery.  I have been in communication with the developer and they insist it is not their scenery causing the problem.  They have also given me a bgl autogen exclusion polygon for the affected area but it did not help.

So my question is how to I figure out what is causing this issue? I have doubled checked all of my folders to confirm that I have not installed a freeware version of the the airport and it is not on the list of ORBX freeware airports that I have installed.

Bz1zdpF.jpg

nN8lyv8.jpg

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Mark,

check the scenery priority. I noticd some time ago that ORBX causes scenery issues when they have the highest priority. Maybe you need to give Ottawa a higher priority than ORBX.

Hi Mark,

check the scenery priority. I noticd some time ago that ORBX causes scenery issues when they have the highest priority. Maybe you need to give Ottawa a higher priority than ORBX.

I did check that using the ORBX priority tool and CYOW is above all ORBX scenery.

Unfortunately it did not work.  Do you mind taking a screenshot of your default FSX or P3D at CYOW.  I am sure these extra buildings are just default scenery.

Unfortunately it did not work.  Do you mind taking a screenshot of your default FSX or P3D at CYOW.  I am sure these extra buildings are just default scenery.

Does that mean simple airport scanner did not work, or that it did not find duplicate AFCADs?

I have had to go into an FTX folder many times to turn off an Orbx AFCAD because it was showing up in a higher priority add on airport... first clue is I see default taxi signs near the add on (better looking) taxi signs. 

You need to let the scanner to a complete scan, and then you use the search field by entering CYOW.  I did just do a quick search in my Orbx folder and didn't find the CYOW but not ruling out a duplicate yet.

The only duplicate it found was at another airport.  Nothing for CYOW.  I will run it again to make sure.

Are you using My Traffic for your AI?  They have a .bgl for CYOW you might want to make sure is inactive if you are?

I know the scenery priority system is designed to prevent this sort of thing but I have seen similar problems using MT6 with add on airports even if they are at a higher priority.  (PACSIM RCTP comes directly to mind.)

Are you using My Traffic for your AI?  They have a .bgl for CYOW you might want to make sure is inactive if you are?

I know the scenery priority system is designed to prevent this sort of thing but I have seen similar problems using MT6 with add on airports even if they are at a higher priority.  (PACSIM RCTP comes directly to mind.)

Wow this may be it.  I am using MyTraffic.  Thanks, will give it a try.  Out of town for a few days so will report back at the end of the week.