Sign in to follow this  
Skywolf

P3D 3.4 Experience Thread

@777200lrf

Yeah you are most certanly right, although flew from Dubai to Vienna, 5.5 hrs, no OOM.

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

I get NO oom. I have around 1,3-1,4 gb vas remaining. But after 10-30 minutes I get a whitescreen. Yes a blank White screen. And I have to restart The computer by pressning The power Button or cut The power.

Addons I use is pmdg 777/737

Orbx ftx global/vector/EU landclass

Reshade and realism shaders

just another way of ooming, that is all

So whitescreen is an oom

Sir, do yourself a favor and return to v3.2, it will save you a lot of heart sore, there is too much issues with v3.4 at this stage, give it time   

So I guess that means that there will be a V3.5?

Most likely much sooner than that ;)

I completed KSFO (FB) to KLAX (default) with my extreme settings, 2.84GB VAS on departure ... stayed that way for most of the flight, when arrived and taxi to gate at KLAX, VAS was at 3.24GB (so about 400MB used) - this was with a less complex aircraft the One-Eleven.  I'll repeat the same flight using PMDG 737 and report results later.

Cheers, Rob.

Most likely much sooner than that ;)

I completed KSFO (FB) to KLAX (default) with my extreme settings, 2.84GB VAS on departure ... stayed that way for most of the flight, when arrived and taxi to gate at KLAX, VAS was at 3.24GB (so about 400MB used) - this was with a less complex aircraft the One-Eleven.  I'll repeat the same flight using PMDG 737 and report results later.

Cheers, Rob.

This is really promising, I'll keep my fingers crossed Rob for your next test!

Richard Åsberg

So how was it with previous P3Dv3.35 version VAS-wise for you? Was it stable and consistent?

Thanks,

Dirk.

I don't know how to explain this scenario but I will try my best, I had very much  oom problems with v3.4 , please check my previous posts.

I then decided I had enough and uninstalled the v3.4 client and installed the v3.2client. The vas issue became non existent as it was, before I upgraded to v3.3 and then to v3.5

I decided today to try 3.4 again, so what I did is uninstalled v3.2 client and installed the v3.4 client. I could not believe this, please guys I did not smoke any weed but for some reason I have no oom issue anymore at this stage. I don't know if anyone has tried this but it seems to work, at least for me, could someone else try this?

I did another flight with the pmdg 737-800 from eddm taxi to gate to EDDF aerosoft v2.o and this time no oom and simulator smooth, 400mb memory left at the gate. Without restarting the sim I flew back to eddm and once again no oom, app 400mb left at gate.  I cannot understand this. Maybe someone like Rob can explain this, I cannot. Well I am going to have some more flights with heavy scenery pumped into the sim to see what the vas does.  

I don't know how to explain this scenario but I will try my best, I had very much  oom problems with v3.4 , please check my previous posts.

I then decided I had enough and uninstalled the v3.4 client and installed the v3.2client. The vas issue became non existent as it was, before I upgraded to v3.3 and then to v3.5

I decided today to try 3.4 again, so what I did is uninstalled v3.2 client and installed the v3.4 client. I could not believe this, please guys I did not smoke any weed but for some reason I have no oom issue anymore at this stage. I don't know if anyone has tried this but it seems to work, at least for me, could someone else try this?

I did another flight with the pmdg 737-800 from eddm taxi to gate to EDDF aerosoft v2.o and this time no oom and simulator smooth, 400mb memory left at the gate. Without restarting the sim I flew back to eddm and once again no oom, app 400mb left at gate.  I cannot understand this. Maybe someone like Rob can explain this, I cannot. Well I am going to have some more flights with heavy scenery pumped into the sim to see what the vas does.

That's interesting and I would love to give it a go myself if I only still had the installation media for 3.2 but unfortunately I only found the scenery part of it in an old backup.

Richard Åsberg

Do you have any other addons that are maybe overwritten by the client installation, such as FTX Global, HD Trees, REX Clouds etc.? An other explanation could be that you had somehwere a faulty file that has been corrected by the client, but who knows.

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

I do have FTX Global, Orbx open lc europe , north america, england scotland wales germany north -all orbx scenery's, hd trees, as16 with acsa.

That's interesting and I would love to give it a go myself if I only still had the installation media for 3.2 but unfortunately I only found the scenery part of it in an old backup.

I could help you with the 3.2 client via drop box ore any other way, should you wish too 

I do have FTX Global, Orbx open lc europe , north america, england scotland wales germany north -all orbx scenery's, hd trees, as16 with acsa.

And you re-installed all of them after the 3.2 and 3.4 client installation in your OOM tests? Or did you just install the clients without the addons? This could explain the behaviour that you see and could give a hint that an addon is involved.

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

With the exception of FTX Vector I don't think those add-ons are causing the VAS issues because the last time I tried a full and clean install of 3.4 I never installed any one of them and yet I had the VAS issue where VAS didn't seem to be released correctly.

As for FTX Vector that one is known to consume a considerable amount of VAS but I think that is more due to the type of add-on and what it does. I heard people using UTX2 see the same thing and what you need to do is to find a good balance looking at the settings for those add-ons and how much and what to enable/disable.

Richard Åsberg