Let's hope so, Ron.

Actually, you've raised a good point about people who use different versions of FSX and frequently swap between them. This will require a rescan each time. Not ideal really. I'll have a think about that one.

Peter

One other thing occured to me. Not only didn't I see the aircraft, I didn't see nametags either. So maybe it's not as simple as not having the paints etc. :unknw:

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Three of us last night had trouble with V21. None of us could connect no matter which one of us was 'Creating'. We reverted to V20 and all was good again. Anyone else?

Hi Ron,

Version 21 is almost identical to 20. Both the test and stable versions are now at 21 and they should all be compatible with each other.

Peter

Oops! I missed your reply Peter. We'll install it again, I'm fully prepared to admit it may have been a cock-up at our end.

Peter.........

Greetings and etc...

Tom and I were talking today, about the follow routines. Yes, I know, that again. 

How about this,

On invoking "Follow"  the targets lat, Long, speed, Alt, and heading are read, then using the FSX Map routine applied to the following  aircraft. Et voila!!  Would THAT work? Can you access the Map routines?

The reason it has raised its ugly head, Tom sprang into FSX somewhere in the wilds of Florida, and our team was flying in New Zealand closing in on NZNS  (Nelson with the worlds ugliest cathedral)  and he decide to "follow" to get here. Failure, took so long with FSX trying valiantly to keep up with Scenery tiles, that his pore wee puter crashed.  There MUST be at least two routines to move aircraft. Slew being one, the MAP being another. How does Plan-G do it? mover aircraft to here, works PDQ!!    but thats with FSUIPC even with the unregistered version.   

We had great weather for flying today, wind at 308 and 43 Knts coming into NZWN r/w 16.   We all had the same courtesy of copy weather, thank you P.M.

I have spent many happy hours watching commercial aircraft land there, even watched through the cockpit window of a 1900D with a happy smile, wondering if "this'll be the day that I die"   Obviously, NOT!!   

B

Hi Bob,

Good point. If Plan-G manages it then it should be possible. I'm directly setting the position using SimConnect, but internally FSX appears to decide to slew at high speed across the globe in order to get there. With all the scenery loading that goes with it. I'll add this to the todo list. I imagine that most of the time Follow is actually being used to meet up with people very far away, so it could do with being sorted out.

Best regards,

Peter

Is it possible to list nearest airport for the user Peter?

That way a user could start at the airport nearest pilots they might want to fly with instead of following them.

Hi Andy, already on the todo list :smile: I already have a database of airport locations so that will be easy enough. As well as the nearest airport to each aircraft in the aircraft list, I'm also thinking about a separate list of the ten nearest airports to you, along with distance, bearing, elevation and ETA. That could be useful.

Gotta hand it to you, Peter. Chatting with Dan after the event today. He noted 48 at one time, on Roo's JFS server. Not a hiccup, jitter, nuffink!!  Without doubt, the best Multplayer so far. so much so, that I decided that our wee group would be using this since version 3 hit the shop windows.   It must be gratifying to have it all come together so sweetly.

On another note, I heard you saying that FSX lost your joystick settings?  something along those lines....

I very seriously recommend using FSUIPC, and registering it for full functionality.  

It is to controlling FSX aircraft as JFS is to Multiplayer..  

I have pedals, yoke, trimwheel and two throttle quadrants. All handled exclusively by FSUIPC. 

Thanks again to you and Roo for today.

B

Hi Bob,

Yes, it was a spectacular sight seeing all those aircraft leaving EFRO in such an orderly manner. I saw 55 pilots in JoinFS at one point. In fact, because of the way Roo set up the server, one of those pilots was actually an FSX multiplayer server with 15 more pilots on it. So it was actually about 70 pilots in total, according to Roo.

It was someone else who was having problems with their joystick. I do use FSUIPC. In fact, coincidentally, I used to have controller disconnects until I unticked all those USB power saving options in Windows, which fixed it.

Best regards,

Peter

I have set up the Windows 10 Task Scheduler to start JoinFS weekly on a certain day / time of day. 

This is in support of a small MP group I fly with. 

Is there a command I can put in the Task Scheduler to actuate the "Create" function so JoinFS not only starts up, it will run the "Create" function?  Right now it starts just fine but needs the additional input from me to "create" the network. 

The guys can log into my Teamspeak II server and get my present IP address straight from that.  No need to add extra text in TS. 

Bottom line:  I just want JoinFS to start up and be available with no intervention from me. 

Peter, thank you for this program.  After using FSInn for 10 years I am astounded how easy it was to use JoinFS.  And the cross platform capability is amazing.  We have all gone to P3D now, so that is not a feature we need but it is nice to know it is there.  FSX and FSInn have been deleted from my hd.

Again, many many thanks.   

Hi,

thanks for your kind comments. I have plans to add command line options that will enable you to do this. I'll get this into the next version for you. It will likely be a case of specifying "-c" or "-create" on the command line parameters.

Best regards,

Peter

Is there a command I can put in the Task Scheduler to actuate the "Create" function so JoinFS not only starts up, it will run the "Create" function?  Right now it starts just fine but needs the additional input from me to "create" the network. 

Hello again, the latest test version 1.1.2 now supports command line options including '-create' which does as you have requested.

http://pmem.uk/joinfs/development.html

Thanks,

Peter

Lookin' good Peter.  Works great.

Thank you very much.  I really appreciate you addressing this so quickly.   

Frank