Hello Peter.

I see the "6" version, missed the "5" because of family duties.    

Using the FOLLOW function, I see you are using also, the SLEW  routines. The aircraft goes at approx 2100 MPH to the desired location, outrunning the scenery refresh rate by minutes.

Have you considered using the MAP "go to"  function instead? The aircraft is positioned instantly, and the scenery rebuild is quite a bit quicker. 

Using the slew,  I have found that I can cut the scenery refresh times in half by instructing FSX to refresh scenery NOW instead of the slew system. still slow though, compared to 'go to" .

That new substituion system is a very clever change that works nearly instantly, we were playing with it today. Lovely. . 

Hi Bob,

There was only a very minor single change in 1.0.6, I'm hoping to get a test version that is good enough to update the stable version this week.

Re: slewing. I'm actually just setting the aircraft position directly, rather than using the SLEW routines. I wonder if FSX is automatically doing SLEW itself for long distance jumps? I can't see any GOTO function in SimConnect, so it looks like it might be difficult to do that.

You have Travis to thank for the substitution change. I honestly wish I had thought of it :smile:

Peter

Re: slewing. I'm actually just setting the aircraft position directly, rather than using the SLEW routines. I wonder if FSX is automatically doing SLEW itself for long distance jumps? I can't see any GOTO function in SimConnect, so it looks like it might be difficult to do that.

Ok, you are tending to using simconnect routines.   Makes me wonder what routines PlanG is using, the "Move aircraft to here" routine is damn near instantaneous. The scenery rebuilds quickly too.   If using that STUPID map function in FSX to move you, that is pretty quick too. Makes me think that PlanG may be using those routines. 

The new face of the aircraft list is tres cool!  very tres.  

(Old joke from years ago and a room full of toffee nosed bridge players) 

Looking forward to seeing the "Share Flight Plan"  No hurry, Sunday coming?

Today, we had 6 pilots, flying the DC3 around Tennessee  and north, cant remember, I am not from there....   But JFS just kept on trucking.  What next are you going to amaze us with?

B

• Upvote 1

Looking forward to seeing the "Share Flight Plan"  No hurry, Sunday coming?

Today, we had 6 pilots, flying the DC3 around Tennessee  and north, cant remember, I am not from there....   But JFS just kept on trucking.  What next are you going to amaze us with?

Not sure about Sunday, but soon enough :smile:  I'm hoping to get a new stable version ready at some point. It's almost there. And don't worry about new features, there's plenty of good stuff in the pipeline.

Hi Mark,

Yes, you can enter the cockpit of any other aircraft including your own AI aircraft and AI aircraft that other people are broadcasting. I just checked the latest version and it seems there is a bug which drops you back to your own aircraft after a few seconds (I've not overly tested this particular feature to be honest). I'll take a look at this and make sure it's working in the next version.

Best regards,

Peter

thanks for the reply mate.

What I meant was to have a shared cockpit session with a friend, so we are both in the same aircraft.

But then I wanted to sync the ai traffic so we both see the same ai.

And if player 2 calls the tower to ask for clearance, does that sync with player one, or are they just two separate instances with only certain things shared.

Cheers,

Mark.

Yes, you can both be in the same aircraft with shared cockpit. Whoever has AI traffic on their machine just needs to enable broadcast on them in JoinFS and you'll both see the same AI traffic.

At the moment only a subset of systems are shared. Most of the avionics such as frequencies are now working in version 1.0.17, but at the moment only the main pilot can control everything, but in future versions the second pilot will be able to take control of the avionics and/or control surfaces.

Do you mean the FSX ATC or live ATC like VATSIM?

Peter

Thanks peter. I meant fsx ai. What about something like ultimate traffic?

Also how about using the cockpit share feature built in with either the maddog, or the a320. Then using your program to sync traffic and weather?

Sorry for all the questions.

You can never have too many questions :smile:

Your ultimate traffic AI will show up in the Aircraft List, where you can select them to be sent over the network. If the other person has ultimate traffic as well, they will automatically see the correct aircraft, otherwise they'll need to substitute the models.

I'm afraid I'm not familiar with the maddog or a320 cockpit sharing. But yes, you can sync both traffic and weather with JoinFS.

Best regards,

Peter

Last night we had a multi-platform session which was a huge success!

However... :smile:

There's always a 'however' eh? In my case it was the non-showing of more than half of the folks that were connected. Everyone was in the pilots list and the aircraft list. Everyone else reported that they saw 'almost' everyone. Just a few that were missing, although that could be simply not having them in view.

We had lengthy conversations about which things to enable and which to disable and as far as I could tell we were in agreement.

Now what is it that I could have missed?

Apart from that, the flying aspect was faultless.

Keep up the good work. :smile:

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

No worries, Mark.

Hi Ron, so close... there just seems to be a little niggle somewhere. It's good that you saw everyone in the list because that rules out any network code issues. I suspect it may be the model substitution, there's a similar report on the support forum.

You could try doing a new Scan For Models to see if that helps. Also look at your existing model matches, 'File|Edit Model Matching'. Perhaps remove them all and re-substitute them. Also see if it is a certain model that isn't appearing. And always check View|Monitor to see if there are any 'Failed to create object' errors, or anything else that looks like a problem.

Thanks,

Peter

OK, you've put me on, hopefully, the right track. I know for a fact that one person was flying the same plane, same paint as he was last Saturday. The difference was, last week we were using FSX, this week we were in P3D and guess what, I didn't scan P3D's folder.

That is very likely the cause. No foo' like an ol' foo'. :smile:

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.