Sign in to follow this  
jadt

Informative 747-400 video with Captain Don Grange (CPA)

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

This must have been one of the earliest 400's, because he states the TCAS system was INOP because it wasn't certified for use yet. Obviously at a time TCAS was not yet required.

Wonder how long  this  link  will last   since   i pretty sure  its copy  right  material( Wonder if he  had  asked  for permission  from itvv  to  put  it  up on utube  is  the question to ask)

Wonder how long  this  link  will last   since   i pretty sure  its copy  right  material( Wonder if he  had  aske  for permission  from itvv  to  put  it  up on utube  is  the question to ask)

Exactly but also the website is still alive https://www.itvv.com/, even for AVSIM it should be removed as is copyright infringement.

Wonder how long  this  link  will last   since   i pretty sure  its copy  right  material( Wonder if he  had  aske  for permission  from itvv  to  put  it  up on utube  is  the question to ask)

I wanted to reminisce my flights to Kai Tak but it's been taken off already.

Bernard Walford

It is a pirated copy and ITVV have taken material like this down from YouTube in the past. 

That aside, I'm impressed at the production quality when you consider the bulkiness of recording equipment at time this was made - 1992ish, I guess. Their A330 video was also superb and puts many newer 'HD' flight deck productions to shame. 

The video has been removed by YouTube.  No further action required.  Thanks for reporting it to AVSIM.

I think I'm gonna have to dust off my VHS player and find my copy, I haven't seen this video in years lol. I also own the Virgin B744 video, the quality still holds up today :)

I also own the Virgin B744 video

I think I saw that one on YouTube when it was up for about 18 hours before being removed. It was an excellent video. I believe it was a EGLL-KSFO flight.

I think I saw that one on YouTube when it was up for about 18 hours before being removed. It was an excellent video. I believe it was a EGLL-KSFO flight.

Yeah thats the one, EGLL-KSFO :)