Sign in to follow this  
Claudie42

About cameras view on your server

Hello,

He is necessary that user views  be saved  also  and and used on his PC of  the user. Because  there may be failures on your 'server'.

-the user may also want to make the simulation without internet connection.

-Its internet connection may be unavailable for reasons of failures
a router or the like.

-The access provider  can sometimes block line, and it can also be
failures.

- and then there is also respect for the freedom of users to use or not its Internet connection to do the simulation flight.

Regard

I entirely agree with the OP.

Storing stuff in the cloud is all very well until there is some problem with the Internet connection. There should *always* be an option to store (and restore) a local copy of ALL remotely-stored settings in order to prevent connectivity problems from rendering the app unusable.

(This opinion is based on some decades of experience in the software business, incidentally.   ;-)   ).

Cheers,

Brian

Brian747-500x105-Avsim.jpg

I would like to see an offline storage too.

The cloud storage is very useful and easy to use but some people also fly on their laptop and may always not have an internet connection closely.

And in case of any problem from the fsfx side (I hope not of course!) or our internet connection, we simply can't access our presets and that's really a pity.

Maxime
TOGA projects

I entirely agree, and would also like to see an offline storage too, that will be very handy indeed..

Win11 Pro 64 Bit, Intel® Core i9-10900K 5.3 GHz, NVIDIA  RTX 3090, DDR4 4200 128GB, P3D V5

John Liem

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

It really happens: My router suffered from a shortcircuit today. New one will arrive in 3-4 days.

I can still fly without live weather and use saved weather themes instead. But without camera definitions?

Please provide an offline solution soon.

It is obvious that this unique option for our cameras views, perhaps not an option for the long term! more not perdont of view, that our freedom must be respected.

Concur. Absolutely.

I'm working in the support team for a major smarthome system which also depends on an active internet connection on the users' side.

Don't ask how much hassle, cost and grievances are incurred by doing it this way. I'm suffering through this ordeal from day to day, on the server side.

I was like: "Oh this product is interesting"

Then I learnt that. Show stopper.

So I'm sticking with EZOK, less performing, but no connection requiered.

Ilie Tremblay.

On 11/7/2016 at 8:56 AM, kmax59 said:

There is also another topic concerning this request : http://www.avsim.com/topic/497461-why-the-need-for-an-active-internet-connection

It would be fair to receive an answer about what we could expect about that =)

Keven has responded multiple times regarding this issue.

To summarize; the internet connect issue will be addressed "after" the release of v1.  

So, if it's a major sticking point with you, wait until it's resolved to purchase or install ChasePlane.  

Ernest Pergrem

On 29/07/2017 at 10:52 PM, airernie said:

Keven has responded multiple times regarding this issue.

To summarize; the internet connect issue will be addressed "after" the release of v1.  

So, if it's a major sticking point with you, wait until it's resolved to purchase or install ChasePlane.  

Hi airernie,

My message was posted on november, of course I saw Keven's answer since then, and I am already loving chaseplane, couldn't do without it actually !

Maxime
TOGA projects

Sorry.. I  actually meant to quote the follow-up message as to why no response from management.

Ernest Pergrem