Sign in to follow this  
bonchie

No thread on P3Dv4 basically being confirmed to be 64bit and coming in 2017?

I wonder if P3D will miss the boat (airplane?) with their 64-bit sim.  XP11 is generating much more interest among FSX/P3D folks than XP10 did.  I'll certainly look at P3D 64 bit when (if) it is released.  But, I am having a lot of fun right now with XP11 and may have too much time and money invested in it by the time P3D-64 is released.  The good news is that 2017 should be an interesting year for flight simulation.

That is just a subjective feeling. The initial interest in new iterations of X-Plane usually dwindles pretty fast as soon as people realize that it still doesn't offer a decent ATC or Weather System. And the lack of add-ons on top of that.

All I'm saying is don't let your own previous assumptions get in the way. I used to bag hard on XP, but XP11 is pretty incredible.
Noted and agree. I am only saying how I see things at this point. If something "magic" happens I could be a future X-Plane guy. For now I will continue to throw my money down the LM hole because it comes closer to suiting my wants and needs and at this point I think P3D has the most potential for developement. One drawback for me personally is that X-Plane has a history of for lack of a better way to say it, hard headness on the part of the owner. I do think that in the past year or two there are signs that he is coming back down to earth and that is why we are seening more main stream developers doing more with them. That is a good thing! 

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

it still doesn't offer a decent ATC or Weather System.

Dont care much for canned ATC as I fly VATSIM.  Weather is definitely a problem for me.

it still doesn't offer a decent ATC or Weather System

Agreed on the weather but I tried XP11's default ATC yesterday and it is a LOT better than P3D default ATC. Very easy to use, very user friendly. You can even file a flight plan while actually flying (unlike P3D) straight into the ATC window (by either typing the departure and destination or by typing/copying an entire flightplan!) I liked it. It officialy only does IFR though but you can use it for VFR when you need directions to the airport or the approach (file a simple plan and it will vector you, and all that without that stupid overkill of vectors that P3D gives you). All in all I'd call it very decent. More decent than default P3D ATC.

J van E and others. Not going to get into the P3D vs X-Plane thing. It like "which came first the chicken or the egg." 

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

Not going to get into the P3D vs X-Plane thing.

It doesn't matter what you like. I matters only that you like it. Screw everyone else (with all due respect)

Screw everyone else (with all due respect)

:LMAO:

good one Erich.

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

Well, as this thread has AGAIN morphed into the P3D vs XP diatribe, it's getting shut down.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors