Sign in to follow this  
Soulflight

Anyone using Feelthere ERJ 135/145 v2? Thrust issues....

Hi everyone,

i purchased thoser jets ages ago and just found and reinstalled them, just to find out why I stopped using those planes: they are horribly underpowered. I use fs passengers and at around 70% load you struggle to get off the air on a smaller airport. After this, you can climb at around 2000 fpm but don't expect any accelleration while in climb. Especially past 25000 feet they have huge climbing problems. It usually takes half an hour to reach 32000 feet.

Is there any flight model update for these planes around? Because i didnt find any in the file library?

And yes, I did not forget to start one engine. ;)

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi...

I haven't flown the ERJ in ages (because I moved to P3D) but it was a favorite (McPhat US Air) - and I did fly it a great deal... I don't recall it being that hard to climb and thought the flight model was very well done... While I was learning the FMC - I had a bunch of help from a real world ERJ pilot here on the forums and he spoke pretty highly about the model in general - which I would assume included the FDE... It's not a short field plane - and - I recall having to be substantially less than MTOW to get off of Key West - based on real world performance tables... I had a copy of the full RW flight manual on the 145 - I'll see if I can did it up... I don't recall seeing any FDE mods... I truly miss her in P3D...

Just for giggles - the BEST video I've ever seen on the ERJ in FS9... Truly showcases the plane well...

https://youtu.be/PZ5izMBoJEA?list=FLaecp3zhjemRXrsOKDqX_Lw

Regards,
Scott

Do you have SP4? The FSX executable is 147,185,717 bytes, dated 12-11-2010 (Dec 11). Installer says SP2 but I remember this was too big of an issue for them to change.

@ Scott:

thanks, I will have a look into it. I am still confused of having to use "CON" thrust most of the time to have a decent climb rate. Maybe FSP overloads the plane but usually thats also limited by MTOW. But when I check MTOW is set correctly the FMS shows an optimum climb IAS of 270 kts, now when I use speed climb mode in autopilot, above 20000 ft I get like 500fpm climb rate.

Was that vid done with FSX in 2012???? :Raised Eyebrow: if so, wow! Looks like modern day ORBX lighting combined with greatly added contrast and color. Wish I had such graphics. :)

@ 26

My installer file has 169 MB and is labeled SP2. ;) didnt find any updates.

Hi...

Actually - I believe it was FS9 with Vauchez's Flight Zone KPDX - it probably mentions it in the comments - while the scenery did have some of the best night lighting - I'm sure the video was enhanced with some type of post processing lighting effects...

Yeah - I recall the FADEC had different modes but I don't recall which one was for climb... I was also a huge fan of the Coolsky MD80 and I believe the MD80 had way better climb performance and incredibly steep deck angles... I don't think the ERJ had that kind of thrust to weight ratio...

Best of luck - hope you get it sorted out - I really enjoyed the plane... I wouldn't bother with the EMB 175/195 package - it was disappointing after using the ERJ - and did nothing but gather dust on my PC...

Regards,

Scott

Soulflight,

SP4 only had "House Livery" included in the release. You had to download the other default liveries separately from FeelThere. From the size of your installer I'm guessing you don't have the latest release. ERJ_mainX.gau in any of the panel directories is dated 12-11-10 10:37AM.

Scott, I have it working in P3D. Just installed it with the migration tool. Have some texture issues but everything else works.

Shez

Hi Shez,

Thanks - I'll take a look - honestly I've never tried it...

:smile:

I do recall trying to get the Coolsky MD80 to work but was unable -  it may have been Win10 related issue though...

Thanks for all you do !

Regards,

Scott

@Soulflight - I've never had any power problems with these AC. Isn't there a tutorial flight; have you run through that?

the ERJ performance models are very 'spot on'.  real pilots were involved in the design and the model is used for training of real pilots.

make sure the plane isn't being overloaded.  use the ERJ configuration tool to confirm the plan is loading correctly.

• Upvote 1

Hi Scoob,

Any shot you guys are considering a V3 of the ERJ ??? Add a few 3D knobs/buttons on the autopilot - drop the 2D panels - maybe a little texture refresh on the VC - full Win10/P3D support ??? Heck - the exterior model with McPhat textures is still a work of art - even by todays standards...

Thanks...

Regards,

Scott

• Upvote 1