Sign in to follow this  
longrangecruise

Taxi2gate Munich winter textures

Hi guys,

I hope you all enjoy your new toys and purchases.

I bought Taxi2gate Munich this sale period, unforunately I have problems with the winter textures showing black squares at the taxiway edges.

I tried different variants, like downloading the latest installer from SM, updating to v1.2 from Taxi2gate website and then overwriting the textures with the downloaded seasonal ones, or just applying the ones that came with the SM installer, but without success.

I also tried switching to another month.

Any help would be highly appreciated, as I would like to enjoy a flight from Munich in winter.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

That is a pity. The last working email adress was :

support@taxi2gate.org

May not be the answer, but check the layering of their sceneries. I screwed up the install of their Mexico City scenery and had to rearrange MMMX entries to get it set correctly. I don't own EDDM unfortunately.

Thanks. My layers are EDDM first, EDDM Terrain then LC Elev.

LC was ontop first. Unfortunately it didn't change anything moving it down. Anybody has the correct layering?

I could simply use the airport from dusk till dawn only. These black squares are only visible in daytime. On the other hand that's not how it is supposed to be!

Perry - I think you have it correct, EDDM on top, terrain, then LC. Sorry that didn't work.

The order I have here is LC-Elev, then EDDM, then EDDM Terrain.

If you previously had the Aerosoft EDDM installed, make sure you don't have any remnant files from that, particularly elev adjustment files in /scenery/world/scenery

Also, if you have MyTraffic, make sure you have disabled the ADE/AFCAD file for EDDM there.

One thing of note...with the winter textures at T2G EDDM, you'll see an irregular pattern of squarish blocks along the edges of taxiways on the S side of the field, which I think is supposed to show a partially plowed area of the airport.  The S runway has snow/ice on it except where the plows have apparently come in from the taxiways.  The N side taxiways and runways look even.  I can't say the S side artisan touch does much for me, but I think they intended for that blocky look to show plow activity.

Regards

Thanks guys it is solved!.

Here is what I did:

- I made a reinstall again, but this time I completely deleted all previious Munich files beforehand.

- Then I applied the update 1.2. (from the T2G webpage).

- In the T2G-EDDM P3Dv3/data folder there already are winter pack textures. From those I only copied the 4 dds files to the EDDM/Texture folder and replaced the previous.

(Not using the seasonal texture pack files from T2G webpage)

Yey, Munich in winter!

What do you guys think of this EDDM version ?

I have read opposite meanings.

It is the most up to date version of the airport on the payware market. I prefer it over the older Aerosoft version.

Quote :

"some wrong taxiway/rwy signs, some flickering textures, as well as some contrasting low/high res textures (like the roads coming under the bridges). Also the jetways could do with some better alignment on the aircraft's doors ..."

Quote:

" I felt they allways rush out the scenery.Like Hong Kong t2g scenery,they always did a good job on the texture of the building,but the surrounding texture is simply too low for this price. Also, the coour of the grass seem too dark, it give you the feel of "tropical", I am sorry to said I don't recommend this scenery "

And there are a few more like this.

As Taxi2Gate has almost no support I cannot judge if an update has been released to solve these issues..

I am disturbed to hear that their support is not answering requests for help. I think they have some fantastic products, but I will certainly think twice about buying in the future if the reports of bad/no support continue. 

I think most of the problems people started complaining about were due to a rushed release.

There has been updates out, 1.2 is the current one. There is also several posts of people that say they don't have problems.

From the little I have seen so far the major issues like redish snow textures, traffic and bridges etc. have been solved.

I am happy with it. But note I am rather looking for the overall immersion than observing the tiniest detail. The price at the current sale is good, too.

What I don't like is changing textures every season :)

Not getting any support is definitely a drawback. (Maybe it's due to the holiday season we are in. I will let you know should I get a reply.)