Sign in to follow this  
Dougal

Making The XP Move

Thanks Richie

Is the FMC in the IXEG basically the same as that in a 737NG?

Sorry, I do not actually own it myself. What I read is that it is as good if not better than the PMDG 737NG.

Do you have any high quality aircraft addons for XP?  I'm REALLY missing my PMDG aircraft. Even to the extent of thinking about shelling out big bucks for the IXEG 737 Classic. It really does seem megga expensive tho:-(

I usually fly GA and never liked PMDG. I do like the Aerosoft Airbus though: pity XP doesn't have one by default. That would probably have been fine with me already. I know there is a quality payware Airbus but I find it too expensive and I also read starting it up takes a long time already... but t too much for me, I think. I'd like a simpler Airbus. Anyway, I am thinking about getting one of the Pipers of vFlyteAir, probably the Arrow. Not what you'd call a high quality addon (being GA) but looks good to me. ;)

I got the demo of xp11 to try out the oculus rift support with the plugin.

It was very good aside from the low framerates at times.  It certainly makes me want to fly in it a bit more and build up a library of freeware to have some content.

When it was apparent that there was not going to be rift support in 10 I wasn't careful in keeping copies of content so I dont have any anymore.

Things have changed since then..   Anyhow, what made me post was the statement a little bit back of having to find the content and then the slow downloads at times.

For a couple other sims they have a really great community managed system with distribution via torrent.   There is a master torrent and it has a LOT of freeware in it.   It always had good speeds as there were always enough people using it and the great thing was that when the manager updated the torrent you just had to turn on your client to get any new and updated content.

I don't know if the xplane content makers would be willing to have their content distributed like that.   Great and easy for the people that want the content but I understand some devs dont want their content floating around outside some specific sites.

It worked well for another sim though..

Sorry, I do not actually own it myself. What I read is that it is as good if not better than the PMDG 737NG.

The 737 Classic FMC is more similar to the FMC on the 757/767. Regardless, IXEG's version of it still lacking and the best FMC's in XP are still on the FF birds.

$75 for the IXEG isn't too bad for the quality and systems you get. I hear it is the best aircraft for XP. Also the Saab seems to be very highly rated.

ixeg 737 classic is nice, took it for a circuit at YBBN today first real flight and first time i ever landed a 37 and had 2 in fsx for years. teh saab both are good as are most of the turbopors inluding the Mu2. had spent over $3000 at one shop on fsx addons. wiped including all my backups. Wating on 11 but on 10.51 at present. and far more realitsic flight model/

Well just tried the beta....

Mouse wheel is for zooming(?!?!)- can't use the middle mouse press to pan around like in chase plane. This click+drag business will be "make or break" for me.
So far its been very difficult to set up hardware yoke/throttle controllers. 

Jaggies, triangular terrain. 

Very poor performance, however this is a common problem due to beta...

Maybe I'm missing something?

Brendan R, KDXR PHNL KJFK

Type rated: SF34 / DH8 (Q400) / DC9 717 MD-88/ B767 (CFI/II/MEI/ATP)

Majestic Software Q400 Beta Team / Pilot Consultant / Twitter @violinvelocity

Maybe I'm missing something?

You can use the right mouse button to pan around .

There is also scroll-wheel support in X-Plane 11 for heading, frequency adjustment etc.

Performance is great on my PC,  on par with X-Plane 10.

You can use the right mouse button to pan around .

There is also scroll-wheel support in X-Plane 11.

Performance is great on my PC,  on par with X-Plane 10.

Yeah... I think its just that the whole thing is new. I sort of expected the interface to cater more to the people looking to changeover from P3D. I'll have to figure out settings- I mainly tried it out because of videos I've seen on youtube that really blow P3D out of the water. 

Very soon now all OpenCockpits hardware module owners can use their modules to fly IXEG B737-300, Default X-Plane 11 B737-800 and EADT x737 planes in X-Plane 11.

Roar Kristensen    www.flightsim4fun.com

P3Dv4 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BAv4 for immersive PMDG B737/777/747 flying

XPLANE 11 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BA_XP for immersive  B737 flying

rmMShli.jpg?1 WylQl0J.jpg?3

It takes a bit of time getting used to XP from FSX/P3D, but once you do and start to appreciate all the cool things it has you won't turn back :P

For me, one of the biggest things of XP (there are too many to mention really) i liked are the dynamic lights of course. Especially considering FSX has textures only most of the time. Also liked, FINALLY, not having to deal with blurries of any kind and how the plane suspension reacted on the ground and on landing

• Upvote 1

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

I just loaded up at night time and really impressed by the night lighting. However- no moonlight effect, stars? 

Yeah... I think its just that the whole thing is new. I sort of expected the interface to cater more to the people looking to changeover from P3D. I'll have to figure out settings- I mainly tried it out because of videos I've seen on youtube that really blow P3D out of the water.

If you can fly the mad dog you can handle XP hehe. The view controls are superior it took me a while to figure that out though

I just loaded up at night time and really impressed by the night lighting. However- no moonlight effect, stars?

Bug. Still beta. They are present in XP10

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

do you know how to enable turbulence effects for the aircraft? 

I wrote a post on my P3D -> XP-11 experience here in case it's of use to others: http://www.ontheglideslope.net/2016/12/31/how-to-get-started-with-x-plane-11-for-those-coming-from-p3d-or-fsx/

• Upvote 1

BasementFlyGuy

GA home cockpit running X-Plane 11 (and sometimes P3D)

Blog: www.ontheglideslope.net

YouTube: OnTheGlideslope Channel

Facebook: On The Glideslope