Sign in to follow this  
cavaricooper

Terminal 5 and VX- a superlative combination

I was doing a walk-around today, and thought some may enjoy tagging along... it was a gloomy winter day, only brightened by my lovely girl.  Beginning with FS2004 G-CVIX, Steve, Paul, Craig and I have spent many a happy hour in suspended disbelief, flying our 747-436s to the far reaches of civilization.  Starting with manual fuel calculations, with a pencil and calculator we evolved with the FS evolution, and now this iteration of VX stands ready to while away a few more hours :)

Those who have hung around these parts for decades, will remember me waxing on about VX transporting us around the world, from the Fragrant Harbour to the Northern Lights... but I digress...

2016-12-31_21-10-3-436_zpsorpbysqz.jpeg

2016-12-31_21-14-51-847_zpskxbk0yah.jpeg

2016-12-31_21-23-8-398_zpsxxhb2hqp.jpeg

2016-12-31_21-18-1-128_zpsrebti806.jpeg

2016-12-31_21-19-4-897_zpszopdugfd.jpeg

I then went upstairs, and while you will have to imagine the cossetted sound that has been created to innundate your hearing, I thought you may want to see what views I have mapped out in EZCA (at Zoom 1.0) to make world travel in VX more pleasant... I hope this gets some of you started with your views....

First Forward Flying-

2016-12-31_21-25-25-189_zpsmlvj10gj.jpeg

The MCP (Guenseli and ScotFlieger, are you getting ready to work your magic? I can't wait!)-

2016-12-31_21-25-45-253_zpsyae1mzjw.jpeg

The CDUs-

2016-12-31_21-26-41-909_zpskczdkmsd.jpeg

Thrust, Flaps and Speedbrake-

2016-12-31_21-33-57-35_zpssf3qebty.jpeg

Pedestal-

2016-12-31_22-13-19-430_zpsmnzdssko.jpeg

Overhead-

2016-12-31_21-26-5-223_zpsmmk0hhlp.jpeg

Left Window-

2016-12-31_21-27-38-135_zpsqse8vw6m.jpeg

Right Window-

2016-12-31_21-27-19-588_zpsdp6ltdzr.jpeg

In the past I have been advised to curtail the prose, and increase the visuals... so I hope this suffices for the moment?  I'm giddy about the sound environment and the lighting, however, and may relapse... ;)

• Upvote 8

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Thanks, but these photos hardly tell the whole story.... the heat haze bloom streaming out of the APU exhaust, the way the wing root lights bounce over the graciously bulging fuselage panels and the shadows behind hatch hinges- all dancing hypnotically in the taxi, the migraine inducing shriek from the front of the engine nacelles, the grunt of Rollers straining at 397T, the overshadowing noise of flat plate drag hitting the windshield, the electronic buzz and vibration, the pervasive record. fans, the satisfying clunk of electrical circuitry exchange.... all these have to be experienced to understand the immersive environment that awaits you.  I promise to write about a couple of these things soon....

• Upvote 3

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Really great looking thank you for sharing. Are you using FTX England and a Heathrow addon scenery? Interested in seeing if you get near OOM territory. That and FTX southern California + Fsdt KLAX are my stress tests and I'm hoping the 747v3 does better. - David Lee

In the past I have been advised to curtail the prose, and increase the visuals... so I hope this suffices for the moment?  I'm giddy about the sound environment and the lighting, however, and may relapse... ;)

I encourage the prose Carl! 

While one can never get enough screenshots (good ones), I also enjoy reading your renditions as you have a very artful manner to your articulation.

In fact a skillful balance between the two always makes a post enjoyable to both view and read.

Please do not limit your musings as all one has to do is roll the center wheel if they do not wish to engage the interpretative region in their brain to convert words to visuals in their mind space.  :wink:

Muse on my friend, muse on!  :smile:

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Hi Carl,

As usual, your poetic turn of phrase lights up the expectation of the new software.

A very happy new year to you,

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

@David- yes, I am a HUGE fan of Orbx and UK2000 and use virtually everything they produce without issue... but I'm pretty conservative on my settings (no 4K textures).

@Steve- many thanks for the kind words. I treasure your work!

@Richard- thank-you as well- Happy New Year!

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Thanks Carl! I try to give you guys nice paints to fly around in. :smile:   The PMDG 777 was a very good model to paint, I'm sure the 747 will be no different!

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

Nice stuff! 

Hey Craig, nice to see you over here in these forums!   I've taken a break from painting the A320 but I hope you're enjoying your SkyService paint.  :wink:

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

Hey Craig, nice to see you over here in these forums!   I've taken a break from painting the A320 but I hope you're enjoying your SkyService paint.  :wink:

I'm usually here during the final stretches to the new planes :-)  LOVE that A320. Can't wait for P3D. As always I love your work on the Skyservice and can't wait to fly a few 744s around! 

I'm usually here during the final stretches to the new planes :-)

Hehe.....you, me and the rest of the flightsim world.  :smile:

LOVE that A320. Can't wait for P3D.

You and me both brother!  I had to take FSX off my system for space concerns and I just got tired of constantly tweaking to make this or that work right.  The Bus should be great in P3d!   

As always I love your work on the Skyservice and can't wait to fly a few 744s around! 

I'm glad you're enjoying her...the 744 is a wonderful plane to fly!  So easy to hand fly, rock steady on approach, more than enough control authority when the winds conspire against you....just about as close to perfection in an airliner as you could wish for.

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

I encourage the prose Carl! 

While one can never get enough screenshots (good ones), I also enjoy reading your renditions as you have a very artful manner to your articulation.

In fact a skillful balance between the two always makes a post enjoyable to both view and read.

Please do not limit your musings as all one has to do is roll the center wheel if they do not wish to engage the interpretative region in their brain to convert words to visuals in their mind space.  :wink:

Muse on my friend, muse on!  :smile:

Couldn't agree more.

Thanks for the great topic, Carl!

@David- yes, I am a HUGE fan of Orbx and UK2000 and use virtually everything they produce without issue... but I'm pretty conservative on my settings (no 4K textures).

@Richard- thank-you as well- Happy New Year!

I have almost every UK2000 scenery from Gary I love his addons. But I hear Aerosoft EGLL is more vas hungry and people are having to turn off FTX England if they use Aerosoft EGLL. I hoped somebody can test FTX England plus Aerosoft EGLL to see if it is better on vas. - David Lee

@David- sorry, I use Gary's (UK2000) EGLL.... no issues.

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper